Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

twentyeight7

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 2, 2003
can i gt a list of what the g5 comes with ....

keyboard?
mouse?
speakers?
upgrade to panther?
anything.......

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
i havent gotten one but i can still tell yo uwaht it will come with. powermac, keyboard, mouse, powercable, modem cable, usb extension cable, restore cd, cd-r, dvd-r, dvi-vga adapter. thats should be it.

iJon

G5orbust

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2002
wouldnt suprise me if it came with, along with the essentials, a voucher for either free panther or significant panther discounts.

LuvAussies

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2003
Virginia
Howz about some new cool stickers!

:)

Love those Apple stickers!

I paid $3000 for the stickers, and the computer is free! :D

benixau

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2002
Sydney, Australia
Originally posted by e-coli
It will pbly come with bluetooth and airport antennae also.

Only comes with BT if you do the internal BTO BT module. If you dont BTO ithe BT then you can not later add it on except via USB making the antenna useless.

Airport antenna does come with it.

BT antenna only if BTO BT.
AP-X antenna no matter what.

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Nov 5, 2002
hmmm maybe apple will surprise the dual 2.0 ppl wtih a bluetooth set of mice and kb but i wouldn't count on that

twentyeight7

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 2, 2003
can u add the bt module after cuz i orderd without it then we found out about the mouse and keyboard the other day so it would be nice to have it now

maraczc

macrumors member
May 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Originally posted by Kwyjibo
hmmm maybe apple will surprise the dual 2.0 ppl wtih a bluetooth set of mice and kb but i wouldn't count on that

I would think that they'd rather advertise this than make it a surprise. Why would a comapny not make the most of what it has in an offer?

When you want people to buy something you advertise a mail in rebate offer. You don't "surprise" people with a free gift or rebate. Just a thought.

Keith Purfield

macrumors regular
Apr 19, 2003
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Originally posted by twentyeight7
can u add the bt module after cuz i orderd without it then we found out about the mouse and keyboard the other day so it would be nice to have it now

Bluetooth is built onto the motherboard, so if you didn't order it with Bluetooth,y ou can buy an external Bluetooth adapter. I think it plugs into a USB port.

And now that I think about it, that'd be nice to plug it into the front port. It could get better range with a keyboard and mouse than the motherboard one.

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
you cannot add an internal bluetooth if if you did not order it with apple. the solder it onto the motherboard and is a one time option. not that big of a deal though, just buy the dlink one of whatever for 50 dollars and plug it in.

iJon

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Nov 5, 2002
Originally posted by maraczc
I would think that they'd rather advertise this than make it a surprise. Why would a comapny not make the most of what it has in an offer?

When you want people to buy something you advertise a mail in rebate offer. You don't "surprise" people with a free gift or rebate. Just a thought.

I was implying for the people that alreayd ordered before the products were anounced but who cares... I had originally posted that you'd only get a bluetooth antenna with bluetooth built in but i was beat to it so I went to my next thought.

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Originally posted by iJon
you cannot add an internal bluetooth if if you did not order it with apple. the solder it onto the motherboard and is a one time option. not that big of a deal though, just buy the dlink one of whatever for 50 dollars and plug it in.

iJon
I though it was a small USB chipcard, that is installed when assembling the machine.

Usually located in a non-Customer Installable Part location and thus not a part you can add later.

Thus the reason the after-purchase USB port Bluetooth module.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.