PDA

View Full Version : New iPod Touch

davariable
Sep 25, 2007, 08:02 AM
Hey, I just wanted to say that I received today (at 8:26 A.M. EST, no less) my iPod Touch that I "pre-ordered" (what a joke) on the 5th. It has Macy Gray on the front instead of Corinne Bailey Rae who I would've preferred.

chas0001
Sep 25, 2007, 08:05 AM
Congratulations. I ordered mine on the 6th and was sheduled to be delivered between 5th and 7th oct. Kept on being put back 2 days at a time. This morning I cancelled the order. To be honest I really cannot be bothered to wait.

davidjearly
Sep 25, 2007, 08:05 AM
Hey, I just wanted to say that I received today (at 8:26 A.M. EST, no less) my iPod Touch that I "pre-ordered" (what a joke) on the 5th. It has Macy Gray on the front instead of Corinne Bailey Rae who I would've preferred.

It's a box. Seriously, who cares who is on the front?

Where are you located anyways? UK/US/Europe?

dukebound85
Sep 25, 2007, 08:29 AM
It's a box. Seriously, who cares who is on the front?

Where are you located anyways? UK/US/Europe?

well it kinda seperates 37 from 38 or so i have heard

davariable
Sep 25, 2007, 08:34 AM
I'm in the U.S. North Carolina, specifically. At Duke!!! Sorry just a little school pride.

RyanG
Sep 25, 2007, 08:41 AM

You heard wrong. Week 38 - CBR on my box

davidjearly
Sep 25, 2007, 08:41 AM

Or you could just look at the serial number on the box. The picture on the cover really doesn't denote anything as many people have discovered. There are quite a few week 38's in Corinne Bailey Rae boxes.

Rhosfelt
Sep 25, 2007, 08:48 AM
CBR on my week 38 box, though week 38s usually do have macey gray.. So I was a little worried at first :P

Stang07
Sep 25, 2007, 09:00 AM
Mine (16 GB) was preordered on 6th and I got it yesterday. This is my first Apple product.
No issues on the quality except the earphone. The older earphones that come with initial iPods were better.
I tried different earphones and it sounds cool... Don't know why apple manufactures so cheap earphones...
supposed to be the most important accessory... Other than that, I am very glad i bought it even after hearing the first few days of clamour wrt the screen isues.
Will appreaciate pointers to online stores selling leather cases (without belt clips :) )...

drnycallstar19
Sep 25, 2007, 05:07 PM
Mine (16 GB) was preordered on 6th and I got it yesterday. This is my first Apple product.
No issues on the quality except the earphone. The older earphones that come with initial iPods were better.
I tried different earphones and it sounds cool... Don't know why apple manufactures so cheap earphones...
supposed to be the most important accessory... Other than that, I am very glad i bought it even after hearing the first few days of clamour wrt the screen isues.
Will appreaciate pointers to online stores selling leather cases (without belt clips :) )...

yeah i hate those earphones that come with the ipod. I have some apple in-ear headphones that i bought when i have my ipod photo (not sure what gen. that is) when i get my touch i'm gonna pull those out i'm not even gonna use the ones that come with the ipod! :)

Spicka
Sep 25, 2007, 05:19 PM
I'm in the U.S. North Carolina, specifically. At Duke!!! Sorry just a little school pride.

Boo. Go State!

iskhj000
Sep 25, 2007, 05:29 PM

http://www.beyzacases.com/cat_apple_ipod_touch_cases.cfm

ctakim
Sep 25, 2007, 06:42 PM

Be careful, I hear those iPod touches will kill your network.;)

davariable
Sep 26, 2007, 12:13 AM
Be careful, I hear those iPod touches will kill your network.;)

haha, that was cleared up. it had something to do with Cisco or something. iono. eh. anyway, yeah Apple still hasn't cleared up the whole iPod Touch thinking it is a iPhone. I entered my passcode incorrectly 5x on purpose, and the screen says, "iPhone is disabled try again in 1 minute".