Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zephead

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 27, 2006
in your pants
I posted something in the Mac Office 2008 thread at around 7:30 PDT this morning, and now it's gone, along with a few other posts by others that I noticed aren't there anymore. The thing is, I didn't even get warned and/or otherwise notified that I said anything wrong. I'll admit, I was being anti-Microsoft in reaction to the amount of money they want for Office '08, but I didn't think it was so extreme as to warrant my post being removed. Would a Mod or whoever removed my post tell me what I did wrong, as to avoid a similar situation in the future?

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004
PM a mod.

These things are not really meant to be discussed in public.

Ta

Heb1228

macrumors 68020
Feb 3, 2004
Virginia Beach, VA
You can PM a mod and ask the same question, and you'd probably get a better answer. They don't have to warn you before they remove your post. They usually do a good job of allowing people a pretty free reign within reason.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
I'll just say generally that posts are often deleted without warning for various reasons, all of which can be found in the forum rules.

The #1 goal is to discuss Mac News and Mac Rumors.

The rules and decisions are made to protect this goal over all else, first and foremost in the News and Article Discussion forums.

If your post was edited or removed, there was a reason for it. If your post was especially important to you and you don't know why it was edited or removed, review these rules; one of them applies. You can use the Contact Us form to send a message to the moderators/administrators if you have questions about moderation. Posting such questions in the forums is frowned upon because they are off-topic to everyone else and we can be more frank communicating in private.

zephead

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 27, 2006
in your pants
You can use the Contact Us form to send a message to the moderators/administrators if you have questions about moderation. Posting such questions in the forums is frowned upon because they are off-topic to everyone else and we can be more frank communicating in private.

Ahh, my mistake. I'll send a PM to whatever Mod posted around where my post was, then. Thanks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.