Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fender2112

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 11, 2002
Charlotte, NC
I'm getting ready to order a new system and wanted to get some thoughts from you folks about when to expect new displays from Apple. I know the Paris Expo is in a few weeks and one or two smaller shows between now and then. I suspect that the Paris Expo might reveal new displays. If not, it would most likely be January or February. Any other thoughts?

Dont Hurt Me

macrumors 603
Dec 21, 2002
Yahooville S.C.
I think we are do for some new displays, they have been making the current one for at least 2years. also mouse & keyboard. remember this is apple so after they release the g5 then later they will probably have one with wireless keyboard & mouse & then after that new displays to match is my guess.

PieMac

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2002
It only makes sense that they would be coming out with new displays to go with the new look of the G5's. I made a phone call to Apple but, as expected, no one knew anything. I'd love to know, though, as I am needing to make a display purchase.

Just an added note, I noticed that Amazon has quit stocking the 17" as of last week, and I've found both the 17" and the 20" on sale and/or on clearance at a lot of the online retailers.

Gymnut

macrumors 68000
Apr 18, 2003
Hopefully Apple will stop fooling around and release a 30" Cinema Display. :D

Fender2112

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 11, 2002
Charlotte, NC
If you MUST know ...

I just put in my order for a new setup: 1.8 with 20" display. I requested that all items be shipped together. This works from both ends. If the monitor ships when thte G5 is ready (4-6 weeks), maybe we will see something new by then. If so, I can make changes to my order. If the G5 ships when the monitor is ready (same business day), then I'll have the whole set up by Friday. :D

I'm so excited I might wet my pants. :)

edit: Just check my status: due on or before 10/08/03 :)
Just in time to make a nice anniversary gift from my wife to me :)

PieMac

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2002
Re: If you MUST know ...

Originally posted by Fender2112
I just put in my order for a new setup: 1.8 with 20" display. I requested that all items be shipped together. This works from both ends. If the monitor ships when thte G5 is ready (4-6 weeks), maybe we will see something new by then. If so, I can make changes to my order. If the G5 ships when the monitor is ready (same business day), then I'll have the whole set up by Friday. :D

I'm so excited I might wet my pants. :)

edit: Just check my status: due on or before 10/08/03 :)
Just in time to make a nice anniversary gift from my wife to me :)

Now that's a great idea! I think that might be the solution to my dilemma...only I wonder if I can request that they all ship together at CompUSA...they have a great deal going on with no interest/payments for 18 months! :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.