PDA

View Full Version : I love school districts!

dontwalkhand
Oct 5, 2007, 06:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgVtUhuDIDw

And now you know why ;) ;) Got some Power Macs :D

darthraige
Oct 5, 2007, 08:18 PM
Yea, High Schools are crazy. The TV Department at my old high school now has over 25 new iMacs and a few MacPros. Insane.

mkrishnan
Oct 5, 2007, 08:23 PM
Yea, High Schools are crazy. The TV Department at my old high school now has over 25 new iMacs and a few MacPros. Insane.

Yeah, that seems like quite an excessive buy for a school... assuming this school has South of 2000 students enrolled....

dontwalkhand
Oct 6, 2007, 07:31 PM
Yeah, that seems like quite an excessive buy for a school... assuming this school has South of 2000 students enrolled....

My school just got about 20 new iMacs as well, and one Mac Pro for that room.

SuperCompu2
Oct 6, 2007, 07:42 PM
LOL, it took my school an arm, leg and a prayer to get just ONE iMac for our TV production class. As of right now, my 867MHz PowerBook is the second editing machine for the class.

Sad.

nakile
Oct 6, 2007, 08:09 PM
At least your school uses Macs.

Mine does not. Why? "We use PCs because that's what the business world uses." :rolleyes: Kind of funny really, maybe Apple's stereotype of the PC in the commercials is correct after all.

But we do have some Macs... three. Two for media work, the third for who knows what.

But almost all of the science department is Mac. But no thanks to the school, it's the science teachers themselfs. Most all of them have Macbook Pros that they use in the classroom and at home for work.

What's even more interesting is most of them have projectors mounted to the ceiling and tend to show us news articles, Youtube videos, or other multimedia stuff on their Mac that's related to the topic of that day. Really helps the learning process; it's kind of like the classroom of the future.

I guess you could say that it's proof that Mac users tend to "do more" with computers. :p

TantalizedMind
Oct 9, 2007, 04:45 PM
My school had Dells. Yuck! Dirty NJ!