PDA

View Full Version : G4 Quicksilver

justinm
Oct 9, 2007, 05:50 PM
Why were some Powermac G4's names have Quicksilver in them? Is it a special line or what? Whats the diffrence between the G4 "Quicksilver" and the regular g4?

FJ218700
Oct 9, 2007, 05:57 PM
refers to case design and specs.

from LowEndMac (http://lowendmac.com/ppc/index.shtml), evolution of G4 desktops

Jaffa Cake
Oct 9, 2007, 05:58 PM
It's just a way to differentiate different models from one another – it doesn't indicate that it's a special edition or anything like that.

So, for example, when you mentioned Quicksilver I immediately knew which style of Power Mac you were talking about... ;)

darthraige
Oct 9, 2007, 06:00 PM
Ahhhhh, the good 'ol Quicksilver that I can't wait to throw out the window.

SmurfBoxMasta
Oct 9, 2007, 06:14 PM

huuummm.....such blasphemy !....and in a public forum no less :D

whazzzuupppppwitdat ?

darthraige
Oct 9, 2007, 06:55 PM
huuummm.....such blasphemy !....and in a public forum no less :D

whazzzuupppppwitdat ?

Seriously, this thing has more problems than anything. Icons randomly disappear on desktop, have to click around to get them back. Safari bugs out a lot now. Did I mention it's slow and still using MHz? lol Looking forward to a new MacPro with Leopard.

LethalWolfe
Oct 9, 2007, 07:17 PM
Seriously, this thing has more problems than anything. Icons randomly disappear on desktop, have to click around to get them back. Safari bugs out a lot now. Did I mention it's slow and still using MHz? lol Looking forward to a new MacPro with Leopard.
Sounds like a personal problem to me. ;)

My dual 1ghz QS is 5.5 and will be my "daily driver" for the foreseeable future (I recently purchased a Mac Pro to relive the QS of it's editing duties).

Lethal

unixfool
Oct 9, 2007, 07:22 PM

Be sure to throw it THIS way! :)

Consultant
Oct 10, 2007, 09:58 AM

My Quick Silver as headless server works fine. If you are in the Virginia area, I'll pick yours up. Probably just sofware problem.

MacsRgr8
Oct 13, 2007, 03:16 PM
I would love getting a Quicksilver for its looks. :cool:

I have a Digital Audio 466 MHz and a FW 800 Dual 1.25 GHz, so those designs are covered.... but no Quicksilver yet ;)

bartelby
Oct 13, 2007, 03:28 PM
My 733MHz Quicksilver is still going as well as it did when it was new, 6 years ago.
It needs a new graphics card, 32MB is a bit crap now-a-days...