PDA

View Full Version : Purchase Question (new mouse & keyboard w/ G5s?)


macboy
Sep 2, 2003, 01:25 PM
Hey Guys!
I'm going to purchase a G5 but I've been hearing a lot about new Pro Keyboards/Mice and new displays coming at Apple Paris...

My question is... if I purchase the G5 now and it won't ship until after Paris do you think Apple would ship the new mouse & keyboard with it or would I have to purchase it extra?

Also should I wait with purchasing a display?

Thanks!

OutThere
Sep 2, 2003, 01:30 PM
Apple displays are in the middle of their cycle according to http://buyersguide.macrumors.com, so if you buy a display now it probably won't be updated for quite a while, since the apple LCDs have long periods between updates.:)

mactastic
Sep 2, 2003, 02:08 PM
The bluetooth mouse and keyboard are not likely to be standard equipment. It would add too much to the cost of the system, and many people don't need/don't care about a wireless solution. If you are interested in these items, wait till after Paris, and add them as a BTO option. I'm sure it will add like $50 - $100 to the overall cost.

macboy
Sep 2, 2003, 03:55 PM
Hmmm... maybe I'll wait until Expo to be on the safe side before ordering...

iGav
Sep 3, 2003, 07:27 AM
My black Pro Mouse died yesterday, I and just know that new Pro Keyboards are coming now because of this failure, it's called Karma and it ruins my life... :eek: :p :p

So I've had to order one of those nasty white Pro Mouse things.... :eek: :rolleyes:

Oh well, as soon as the new puppies are here, I'll drop the and buy one, then I'll keep the white one safely locked up for a rainy day... ;) :D