PDA

View Full Version : Is my iPod dead?

imLOST
Oct 16, 2007, 10:51 AM
I got a Macbook and a free iPod nano there about two weeks ago and my iPod is acting kinda funny.

When I was watching a video, it just stopped for no apparent reason and then about twenty seconds later the apple logo came up and it kinda just reset itself. This has happened about 3 or 4 times at this stage.

There have been occasions when it just won't even turn on. I have to bring it home and plug it in the comuter and let it "charge". However, I don't think that this is a case of a dead battery because I've never used it that much that the battery would go imo. Well, unless the batter only lasts about 2 or 3 hours.....

Right now, it's plugged in here beside me but it's not charging or turning on or anything. This is really strange. Any help?

PS: I stupidly got it engraved with a ":)" but surely that won't affect my refund if I do have to get one. It's not my fault it's dodgey...

Finlandboy
Oct 17, 2007, 04:45 PM
um, you may have already tried this, but try reseting it with the center button and menu button held at the same time for 6 seconds,..........

if that doesn't help (which i don't think it will, but worth a try) then restore your ipod on itunes, if that still doesn't work call apple, they'll help

hankolerd
Oct 17, 2007, 05:16 PM
yeah mines acted weird where it wouldnt charge. just flip the hold buttons a couple times, lastly to the off position. then hold the menu and center buttons for 5-10 seconds, if nothing happens after 5-10 seconds let off the buttons and then hold them down again for that long, sometimes you have to do the button pressing sequence a couple times before it will restart.....that SHOULD do it...no guarantees. get it to charge anyway, i don't know about the whole resetting itself.:apple:

bitninja
Oct 17, 2007, 05:51 PM
Yeah resetting it probably won't fix your problem, definitely try restoring your iPod with iTunes first and see if that fixes it.