PDA

View Full Version : Ipod Video Won't Connect To Computer

brsboarder
Oct 16, 2007, 11:12 PM
Well, I have a 30gb ipod video that all the sudden won't connect to a computer. I've tried different computers, pc, mac, and different usb wires, but it won't mount, or be recognized by any computer. It will charge if I put it into a speaker system, but won't truly turn off. When I turn it off, it dims, and says "charged". In addition I've tried the standard reset, but it doesn't help. It works to play music etc, but I have no clue how to fix it. I can't add, delete or do anything. help!

brsboarder
Oct 17, 2007, 09:22 AM
No one has any idea? Can I replace a part? Obviously its not the hard drive, so it must be the base connector? Help. I don't want to throw away a recently new ipod video

benjokazooie
Oct 18, 2007, 04:52 PM
do not fear you are not alone. my 30gb ipod video will not connect to my emac or my brand new macbook. i went on the apple forum and it seems the general consensus is that its an itunes issue when i downloaded the new one is when i started having problems (itunes 7.4.2). can anyone suggest anything.

ModifiedReality
Oct 18, 2007, 09:02 PM
I'd say revert a older version of Itunes but if that doesn't work, call apple customer service.

robPOD
Oct 19, 2007, 11:19 PM
Call apple customer service.