PDA

View Full Version : Stutterin internet video on ibook

Patmian212
Oct 17, 2007, 01:13 PM
Hey guys,

I seem to have a little problem. I have a 1.2ghz ibook with 768mb of ram running the newest version of panther. It can play .avi, .mpg and .wmv files fine and smooth in quicktime and vlc player. However whenever I go to lets say alluc.org, peekvid.com or sites like those to watch tv shows the video stutters. Its not a buffering issue because I even wait for it to buffer 100% before I press play but the video always stutters(even if its not in full screen). I use bother firefox and ssafari and there is no difference. . . Does anyone know what the problem could be or how I could fix it? I think an ATI Mobility Radeon 9200 32MB should be able to play videos using flashplayer jsut fine dont you?

QuarterSwede
Oct 17, 2007, 01:16 PM
Flash on OS X just plain sucks. It even runs slowly on my wife's MB. Some sites are much worse than others I'm afraid.

Patmian212
Oct 17, 2007, 01:19 PM
Wow thats not the answer I wanted hehe:( It just doesnt seem that complicated to watch a video on google video at a decent smooth frame rate. . . Why cant apple bring this up to scrap.

QuarterSwede
Oct 17, 2007, 01:25 PM
Why cant apple bring this up to scrap.
From what I understand of reading all the debating on this issue (search the forum) it's Adobe's fault not Apple's.