PDA

View Full Version : Dead Pixels and AppleCare

rhpenguin
Sep 5, 2003, 05:08 PM
I have an iBook that has developed some dead pixels and i was wondering if Applecare covered just a few dead pixels or would they just laugh at me...

And before anyone flames, i like my stuff to be perfect at all times.... this really is bothering me!

coolbreeze
Sep 5, 2003, 05:45 PM
Call and ask. I have one suck red pixel (from brand new) and I've learned to live with it. My only aggravation is when I eBay this iBook one day, I will have to disclose this small defect, which will in turn scare off some buyers. And that's a shame (the iMac I bought off of this forum in Feb for $1100...I sold on eBay for $1275!!).

Didn't mean to change the subject. Just ask Apple.

mactastic
Sep 5, 2003, 05:52 PM
Search the forums. There was an extensive discussion of apples policy regarding dead pixels recently. I'll post the link if I find it.

iJon
Sep 5, 2003, 06:17 PM
they will not fix it. try rubbing it softly with a cloth and see if it will become unstuck.

iJon

coolbreeze
Sep 6, 2003, 11:44 PM
"Some dead pixels..."

2,5,15? Makes a difference. I specifically have one. Hell will freeze over before Apple symphathizes with me. So how many is some? If it's less than, say, 8 or so, Apple will most likely tell you to get lost.