1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Dead Pixels and AppleCare

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by rhpenguin, Sep 5, 2003.

1. macrumors 6502a

rhpenguin

I have an iBook that has developed some dead pixels and i was wondering if Applecare covered just a few dead pixels or would they just laugh at me...

And before anyone flames, i like my stuff to be perfect at all times.... this really is bothering me!

2. macrumors 65816

Call and ask. I have one suck red pixel (from brand new) and I've learned to live with it. My only aggravation is when I eBay this iBook one day, I will have to disclose this small defect, which will in turn scare off some buyers. And that's a shame (the iMac I bought off of this forum in Feb for $1100...I sold on eBay for $1275!!).

Didn't mean to change the subject. Just ask Apple.

3. macrumors 68040

mactastic

Search the forums. There was an extensive discussion of apples policy regarding dead pixels recently. I'll post the link if I find it.

4. macrumors 604

iJon

they will not fix it. try rubbing it softly with a cloth and see if it will become unstuck.

iJon

5. macrumors 65816

"Some dead pixels..."

2,5,15? Makes a difference. I specifically have one. Hell will freeze over before Apple symphathizes with me. So how many is some? If it's less than, say, 8 or so, Apple will most likely tell you to get lost.