Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scem0

macrumors 604
Jul 16, 2002
back in NYC!
Originally posted by cc bcc
This is getting boring, Apple you can bring em on now.

That's how I feel. I am actually kind of suprised that apple hasn't even acknowledged that they have plans for a wireless keyboard and mouse even though it is pretty much out in the open.

And another thing that puzzles me is how MacBidouille says its still just a rumor at the end of that post. It seems clear as day to me that apple will be releasing a wireless keyboard and mouse. :confused:

scem0

Freg3000

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2002
New York
i doubt these new mice and keyboard will be all that spectacular. I mean, Apple would have been much more careful about the leaks in Panther if it was so revolutionary. But they didn't care if we all knew about them before hand.

Not typical Apple.

davidc2182

macrumors regular
Nov 8, 2001
Sin City
you know what would be cool?

It would be cool to have an Ipod and dock with bluetooth connectivity instead of firewire, (as long as the speed is up to par) and what would be even cooler would be to have the whole back of the iPod be a charging surface like linear induction chargin on the Sonicare toothbrushes, no port on the bottom or anything, maybe even blue tooth headset for it, call it a power pod or pro pod or something, and let the top of the G5 be the induction chargin source, or the palm rest of the laptop, come to think of it, they should do that with the laptop also....

ibookin'

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
Re: you know what would be cool?

Originally posted by davidc2182
It would be cool to have an Ipod and dock with bluetooth connectivity instead of firewire, (as long as the speed is up to par)

BlueTooth speeds are nowhere near what you get from even Firewire 400. But the the iPod with induction charging would be very nice.

This has been done with mice by modders. It's on http://www.afrotechmods.com

tizza

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2003
Brisbane, Australia
Originally posted by Freg3000
i doubt these new mice and keyboard will be all that spectacular. [snip]

Still I'm sure they'll look and function a lot better than the current offerings out there - maybe a metal grill mouse design :). The mouse had better be two buttons though if I'm going to go out and buy one!!

tny

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2003
Washington, DC
Re: you know what would be cool?

Originally posted by davidc2182
It would be cool to have an Ipod and dock with bluetooth connectivity instead of firewire (as long as the speed is up to par) maybe even blue tooth headset for it, call it a power pod or pro pod or something, and let the top of the G5 be the induction chargin source, or the palm rest of the laptop, come to think of it, they should do that with the laptop also....
The speed of Bluetooth is not high enough for either application. You don't want a Bluetooth headseat for music-quality headphones; telephone quality is ok.

madamimadam

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2002
I really can't get into these discussions... since when does adding features to an OS mean the company is going to make that product? Apple has added support for phones and PDAs to but never released one of those. Maybe they just want more people to make wireless products for Mac.

If they make a keyboard and mouse I will CERTAINLY buy it but I'll wait until they release it before I buy it. Obviously, though, they will go wireless at SOME stage.. it is just a natural progression... the question is just when.

czardmitri

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2003
SF
wireless mouse and keyboard

Can someone please tell me what all this excitement is about wireless mice and keyboards? Don't you need to be near a computer and be able to see the screen to use a mouse and keyboard, and therefore aren't they prime candidates for cabling? Are you going to carry your mouse along with you? These items aren't really roam worthy. It seems to me that going wireless on these is just a waste of batteries.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.