Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jefhatfield

Retired
Original poster
Jul 9, 2000
ok, now that you know i am a loving, accepting, religious, open minded person, i am going to get killed here for this one...

do any of you mac users lust for at least one pc in your household?

i for one, desperately want a vaio desktop with an athlon or a vaio laptop with athlon 4 or pentium 4 to go with my two macs;)

they look cool, almost mac like, and they are great multimedia units...almost as good as a mac

and you can go to kmart or ross or anywhere, buy a pc game, and off you go...so cool i thinks

britboy

macrumors 68030
Nov 4, 2001
Argentina
already got one :)

the first computer i owned myself i bought almost a year and a half ago, a compaq, and my fiancee has a pc laptop (can't remember which one
though, they all seem alike!). Bit by bit i'll wear her down 'till she agrees to switch to a mac laptop. Still though, i'll be keeping the desktop pc, just for gaming purposes. You get better performance that a games console, most of the games are cheaper, and upgrading is as simple as taking a screwdriver and a sledgehammer to it. Oh sorry, that last part wasn't meant to slip out :)

BTW: how many more macs &... threads are we going to have? I don't have a problem with them, there pretty good, but how many subjects can you vaguely relate to macs?

me hate windows

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2002
It is always nice to have 1 peecee, there might be a program that you want but it is only Windows compatible. Get one if you want, but DO NOT get a P4 laptop. They are bulky, hot running, 2.5 hour battery(max), and they are expensive. But the VAIO towers are nice.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
I have only one of two mac at my office, so I have plenty of access there and don't really need one at home. My wife has a Compaq laptop, so in a pinch I'll use that and when I do play games, I'm happy with what ever I can get on a Mac.

Maybe if we need to upgrade the Compaq in a few years we'll get something cooler.

mac15

macrumors 68040
Dec 29, 2001
I gonna get killed for this one to

I don't mind PCs either there cool....
any computer to me is cool, but macs are more fun and user friendly
If I didn't win my imac I probably would have went out and bought a PC
and never given the mac platform a chance

Like most people I just wanted a computer for e-mail, internet and games a mac didn't occur to me at the time.

But am I glad I won that comp because I would be here today having the time of my life

Peace out

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
actually....the dsl at home is connected to a pc....so there is one...personally I'm indifferent to the idea...it matters what I want to use more... ;)

at work we have a pc...it remains lonely...by itself in a room....doesn't get much use...acts as our webserver for the dsl with the entire network though...we needed it for certain pc formats which we can't do on Mac...

3rdpath

macrumors 68000
i admit it

i have one pc. didn't want to do it but there's some software thats only available for the pc that i need.

i don't like the box-it scares me-and it uses my fear to it's advantage....i try not to look directly at it.
some people think i'm paranoid but i know its planning something.
luckily its in another part of the house and it can't see what i'm typing. i think i hear something.
wait, it can't be

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:eek:

mac15

macrumors 68040
Dec 29, 2001
And I bet you just love the grey crap looking windows interface
and I bet microsoft and symnantec have a partnership going where microsoft just make viruses and symnantec fixes em
you never no in a microsoft world

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
well

as much as i'd like to play some more games than are available for mac, i realize that even the games i have for mac are too much. i recently got like 4 or 5 games for christmas through feb or so. and i've played all of... 2? civ 3 and giants: kabuto... both of those occupy more than enough of my time for gaming...

so i'd never say i have a LUST for pc..

but. then again, i have an xbox. so i guess that's just as bad/worse to some people.

i did however, buy tiger woods golf for pc and just used it on my roomie's pc or my girlfriend's... ha. what a joke that was. can't wait til links 2002 comes out...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.