PDA

View Full Version : Apple Seeds Mac OS X Leopard (9A581) to Developers

MacRumors
Oct 26, 2007, 06:41 PM
http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com)

With the launch of Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard (http://www.macrumors.com/2007/10/26/mac-os-x-leopard-launch-events/) to customers, Apple has finally seeded the final version of Mac OS X Leopard (Client and Server) to developers.

Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard (9A581) is now available to Select and Premier developers. Apple had last seeded (http://www.macrumors.com/2007/09/21/apple-seeds-mac-os-x-10-5-leopard-9a559/) build 9A559 to developers on September 21st, 2007.

Some developers had been critical of Apple withholding the final version of Leopard from developers. Keeping the final build of Leopard internal, however, did not prevent its leak in the days leading to its release.

Apple Leopard launch events are still taking place (http://forums.macrumors.com/forumdisplay.php?f=114) across the U.S.

Article Link (http://www.macrumors.com/2007/10/26/apple-seeds-mac-os-x-leopard-9a851-to-developers/)

psychofreak
Oct 26, 2007, 06:45 PM
Its odd that it didn't come earlier, especially considering that the build was pirated days ago...its a pity that so many apps don't work...

bigandy
Oct 26, 2007, 06:46 PM
i'm glad this has happened - faster fixes to the list of incompatible software (http://guides.macrumors.com/List%3AApplications_Not_Compatible_with_Leopard) :)

Willis
Oct 26, 2007, 06:48 PM
Now developers... hurry up and fix my broken Plug-ins!!

Im looking at you AcidSearch and HttpMail

boo! :(

Quillz
Oct 26, 2007, 06:52 PM
First time I've ever heard of any OS getting released to consumers before businesses/developers. A bit odd business model if you ask me, though I doubt it makes much difference in the long run.

crazedbytheheat
Oct 26, 2007, 06:58 PM
Grrrrr. I asked Apple about this and they basically told me they weren't telling when Leopard was going to be released. Being the early adopter that I am, I bought my version today. At least I got a t-shirt. :D On the flip side, I do have 4 computers to install on, so the Family pack was the more ethical choice.

Peace
Oct 26, 2007, 07:39 PM
http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com)

With the launch of Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard (http://www.macrumors.com/2007/10/26/mac-os-x-leopard-launch-events/) to customers, Apple has finally seeded the final version of Mac OS X Leopard (Client and Server) to developers.

Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard (9A581) is now available to Select and Premier developers. Apple had last seeded (http://www.macrumors.com/2007/09/21/apple-seeds-mac-os-x-10-5-leopard-9a559/) build 9A559 to developers on September 21st, 2007.

Some developers had been critical of Apple withholding the final version of Leopard from developers. Keeping the final build of Leopard internal, however, did not prevent its leak in the days leading to its release.

Apple Leopard launch events are still taking place (http://forums.macrumors.com/forumdisplay.php?f=114) across the U.S.

Article Link (http://www.macrumors.com/2007/10/26/apple-seeds-mac-os-x-leopard-9a851-to-developers/)

I Certainly hope Apple is understanding the concept of Developers needing the most up-to-date code to make apps better.

phillipjfry
Oct 26, 2007, 07:44 PM
I can't wait to see what developers make with the released GM

I wonder what can be had from coreanimation :confused:

Luap
Oct 26, 2007, 07:47 PM
It likely is not that different at all from the previously release beta build anyway.
You cant blame Apple for holding back on the final for a few days to developers, in order to reduce piracy.
Tiger was freely and easily available all over the net for well over a week (maybe 2) before it was released for sale. That must have had some impact on sales for sure. Which has been largely confirmed by early sales figures of Leopard compared to Tiger.

tmoney468
Oct 26, 2007, 08:04 PM
It's nice that it's still not available to student developers...at least Apple could have given us an answer as to when it would be made available.

xfiftyfour
Oct 26, 2007, 08:13 PM
It's nice that it's still not available to student developers...at least Apple could have given us an answer as to when it would be made available.
I was *so* hoping it would be, too.. :(

wishful thinking, I know.

AidenShaw
Oct 26, 2007, 08:15 PM
I Certainly hope Apple is understanding the concept of Developers needing the most up-to-date code to make apps better.

Clearly not.

They also seem to have missed the concept of testing the final bits before producing and shipping millions of them.

Sharkus
Oct 26, 2007, 08:29 PM
I have to say I am actually shocked that it's been released to us (devs) so early. I was fully expecting to have to wait until late next week for the seed to show up on ADC.

I've been reading threads on apple discussions and it does seem there are some issues with an upgrade from Tiger, which does not shock me as this was a known issue with some of the dev seeds.

Part of me is somewhat glad there is an issue such as this, as perhaps Apple should have seeded the GM to devs so we could find and help them to resolve the issues before it goes out to the end users, which I think would be better than having it go out and there be issues.

It's claimed they did not release GM to devs to prevent it being leaked, which I can somewhat understand, but I think I'd have risked it. If it is leaked then those running it will mention the issues and that is free testing, which is always handy. The irony of the situation is that they kept it internal and it was still leaked.

Alloye
Oct 26, 2007, 08:33 PM
It likely is not that different at all from the previously release beta build anyway.

I beg to differ. Three weeks and 22 builds is significant opportunity for multiple regressions to occur. Even a small change can have a big impact on software as complex as Leopard.

You cant blame Apple for holding back on the final for a few days to developers, in order to reduce piracy.

Neither Tiger nor Leopard were immune to early piracy despite Apple's efforts.

Tiger was freely and easily available all over the net for well over a week (maybe 2) before it was released for sale. That must have had some impact on sales for sure. Which has been largely confirmed by early sales figures of Leopard compared to Tiger.

Like Leopard, Tiger was not available on the ADC download site prior to launch day. The leak came from elsewhere. Withholding the final build is simply bad policy.

BKKbill
Oct 26, 2007, 08:37 PM
Seems to me this is a kick to the select and premier developers who do a lot of the debugging.

glowingstar
Oct 26, 2007, 08:49 PM
er....so, whatever happened to 10.4.11? :confused:

Gymnut
Oct 26, 2007, 08:55 PM

Check your e-mail: Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard, the sixth major release of Mac OS X, launched today.

A DVD set with Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard, Leopard Server and Xcode tools will be included in the ADC Monthly Mailing for November 2007, which will be shipped to you on October 30th. Worldwide shipments will be sent via DHL Worldmail and should arrive in approximately 3-10 business days.

If you have questions, please contact us.
http://developer.apple.com/contact/

Apple Developer Connection

I'm a Student ADC member as well.

benspratling
Oct 26, 2007, 09:03 PM
So now that Leopard is here, and I've got my Family Pack installed on two machines, I'm waiting for Time Machine to make my backups. Everything seemed to be going fine, until, zap my linksys router gets too tired to work anymore and my laptop lost the connection to the desktop where it was backing up. (Which it usually does after heavy use about once a week.) So once the router comes back on line I can right-click on the time machine icon and say "back up now." It pulls up a progress window and says "preparing" which it has been for about half an hour now. For about ten minutes, it was communicating with the desktop (I have activity monitor open on both) and they're sent/received plots matched each other, so I guess they were talking.) Then for another ten minutes my laptop was sending massive amounts of data, the G5 was receiving the same amount of data, but the G5 desktop wasn't writing it to disk. (Again, Activity monitor) Now, the progress window still says "Preparing" and the bar is still running, internet works on both computers (which does go through the router) but my laptop is writing more data than it's reading, and nothing is going over the wireless to the G5 where my backup disk is.

In the five minutes it's taken me to type this, the G5 has begun writing data to disk, but it's 9:01 and I clicked "Back up Now" at 8:36.

Is there a quicker way (quicker = < 10 minutes) to make the Time Machine start backing up when you want to? Or do you really just have to wait for the hourly backup, which seems to be what has happened?

Maybe Apple should have released this latest version of Leopard to their own developers...

Peace
Oct 26, 2007, 09:06 PM
So now that Leopard is here, and I've got my Family Pack installed on two machines, I'm waiting for Time Machine to make my backups. Everything seemed to be going fine, until, zap my linksys router gets too tired to work anymore and my laptop lost the connection to the desktop where it was backing up. (Which it usually does after heavy use about once a week.) So once the router comes back on line I can right-click on the time machine icon and say "back up now." It pulls up a progress window and says "preparing" which it has been for about half an hour now. For about ten minutes, it was communicating with the desktop (I have activity monitor open on both) and they're sent/received plots matched each other, so I guess they were talking.) Then for another ten minutes my laptop was sending massive amounts of data, the G5 was receiving the same amount of data, but the G5 desktop wasn't writing it to disk. (Again, Activity monitor) Now, the progress window still says "Preparing" and the bar is still running, internet works on both computers (which does go through the router) but my laptop is writing more data than it's reading, and nothing is going over the wireless to the G5 where my backup disk is.

In the five minutes it's taken me to type this, the G5 has begun writing data to disk, but it's 9:01 and I clicked "Back up Now" at 8:36.

Is there a quicker way (quicker = < 10 minutes) to make the Time Machine start backing up when you want to? Or do you really just have to wait for the hourly backup, which seems to be what has happened?

Maybe Apple should have released this latest version of Leopard to their own developers...

Backing up using Time Machine to another computer on your local network isn't a good idea.One really should have an external hard drive connected to your computer for Time Machine.

Now that Leopard GM in in the hands of most developers I'm quit sure any bugs left over from recent builds will be addressed pretty quick through 10.5.1.

Luap
Oct 26, 2007, 09:13 PM
I beg to differ. Three weeks and 22 builds is significant opportunity for multiple regressions to occur. Even a small change can have a big impact on software as complex as Leopard.

Neither Tiger nor Leopard were immune to early piracy despite Apple's efforts.

Like Leopard, Tiger was not available on the ADC download site prior to launch day. The leak came from elsewhere. Withholding the final build is simply bad policy.

Seems Apple believed otherwise. And who are we to argue!? Personally, I can understand and respect their choice. So I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that ;)

benspratling
Oct 26, 2007, 09:16 PM
Backing up using Time Machine to another computer on your local network isn't a good idea.One really should have an external hard drive connected to your computer for Time Machine.

Now that Leopard GM in in the hands of most developers I'm quit sure any bugs left over from recent builds will be addressed pretty quick through 10.5.1.

I don't have an external harddrive, but I have a G5 (old school) with more than half a terrabyte inside. Some 300 MB are free, so pardon me if I don't hop at the chance to buy more stuff...

I sure hope you're right about those bugs.

WindoraBug
Oct 26, 2007, 09:18 PM
ok so the update failed... When the installer stated up again it said i had to erase my HD... I canceled the install and choice the start up disk.. Then the computer restarted and the gray screen with the apple logo came up... And then nothing, the computer turned off.
Ever time I start the computer I get the gray screen with the apple logo and then the computer turns off...

overcast
Oct 26, 2007, 09:23 PM

....and why is it not a good idea? Just because Apple says you should use an external HDD, for the sole purpose that it's brainless for most of its brainless users?

overcast
Oct 26, 2007, 09:24 PM
ok so the update failed... When the installer stated up again it said i had to erase my HD... I canceled the install and choice the start up disk.. Then the computer restarted and the gray screen with the apple logo came up... And then nothing, the computer turned off.
Ever time I start the computer I get the gray screen with the apple logo and then the computer turns off...
Get another drive and install it on there, then mount your existing drive later and hope the data is still there and accessible. It's probably only the boot information that is no long available. This is why you make backups prior to doing a major system upgrade, this isn't rocket science.

tmoney468
Oct 26, 2007, 09:27 PM
Check your e-mail: Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard, the sixth major release of Mac OS X, launched today.

A DVD set with Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard, Leopard Server and Xcode tools will be included in the ADC Monthly Mailing for November 2007, which will be shipped to you on October 30th. Worldwide shipments will be sent via DHL Worldmail and should arrive in approximately 3-10 business days.

Haha I just got pwned by Apple...sure enough I just checked and I got that email. Well that's good to know, I was just feeling left out with all of the "Leopard is being delivered today" posts on this board. All in all that $99 membership saved me about $600 on my MBP and $129 on Leopard...definitely a good deal for me (and my membership ends November 28th so I just got in).

Alloye
Oct 26, 2007, 09:28 PM
Seems Apple believed otherwise. And who are we to argue!?

Apple is not infallible. I paid good money to participate in Leopard's development process and am entitled to my own opinion. In the end, I feel Apple made a bad call that benefited no one. I have already submitted my feedback on the issue and will call them to the carpet as soon as my ADC membership is up for renewal.

Personally, I can understand and respect their choice. So I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that ;)

Fair enough.

Zoboomafoo
Oct 26, 2007, 09:38 PM

I was literally on my way out the door when I checked my email and saw this very thing. And that was only because the student discount apparently went from $69 to $119, which I deemed not worth the wait. So now I wonder if that will apply to me as a Student Developer or not. Until then, I shall spend my 100 dollars on what every other college student spends it on. Beer!

Any word, fellow ASDCers, if this does apply to us?

akac
Oct 26, 2007, 10:19 PM
....and why is it not a good idea? Just because Apple says you should use an external HDD, for the sole purpose that it's brainless for most of its brainless users?

Time Machine must have a physical drive today. Or a Leopard File Share. Anybody using a hack or other method to use Time Machine over AFP is going to have problems. HFS+ had to be updated to make Time Machine work reliably. If those pieces aren't there because you are too cheap to ensure a good backup, then expect to have issues.

While I have emailed, called, and made myself a nuisance at Apple over their decision not to provide Leopard GM to devs on time, I do not believe in using hacks to get around limitations when the whole purpose of a backup is for it to be usable and so doing it wirelessly to a G5 if its not running Leopard will give you most likely an unusable backup.

benspratling
Oct 26, 2007, 10:27 PM
Ok now, figure this one out
at 10:07 PM, during the Time machine backup, my laptop lost the link to the desktop.
My G5 desktop lists my laptop as "shared" in the Finder.
But my laptop can't see my desktop. It's not in the finder sidebar. I can't get to it through "command-k"
How do I make a Time Machine backup when I can't even see other Leopard-Macs on the network?

I though Leopard was supposed to fix network problems?

BrainInAJar
Oct 26, 2007, 10:27 PM
Does anyone know where I can find the new ver1.1 ZFS kext? I see announcements for it all over the place, but I just installed leopard and it's read-only, and the r/w kext is nowhere to be found on developer.apple.com

typecase
Oct 26, 2007, 10:28 PM
I was *so* hoping it would be, too.. :(

wishful thinking, I know.

Me too. My student developer status expires tomorrow. I was hoping for free Leopard, especially in light of the greedy $116 "discounted" education version :mad:

daveschroeder
Oct 26, 2007, 10:28 PM
I was literally on my way out the door when I checked my email and saw this very thing. And that was only because the student discount apparently went from $69 to $119, which I deemed not worth the wait. So now I wonder if that will apply to me as a Student Developer or not. Until then, I shall spend my 100 dollars on what every other college student spends it on. Beer!

Any word, fellow ASDCers, if this does apply to us?

Actually, many educational institutions and stores are still selling Leopard - legitimately - for $69 to students, faculty, and staff. The change this time is what Apple sells it to individuals for directly, but educational institutions can still buy - and resell - for $69. That's exactly what we're doing at the University of Wisconsin - Madison, for example:

http://techstore.doit.wisc.edu/product.asp?login=P&itemnum=C48501

tfstone
Oct 26, 2007, 10:30 PM
the GM build is probably nearly identical to the last seed. and if you really wanted to have it i guess you knew where you could find it the last few days...

daveschroeder
Oct 26, 2007, 10:30 PM
Does anyone know where I can find the new ver1.1 ZFS kext? I see announcements for it all over the place, but I just installed leopard and it's read-only, and the r/w kext is nowhere to be found on developer.apple.com

The latest ZFS Beta Seed 1.1 is available to paid ADC members via the ADC Member Site.

daveschroeder
Oct 26, 2007, 10:33 PM
Time Machine must have a physical drive today. Or a Leopard File Share. Anybody using a hack or other method to use Time Machine over AFP is going to have problems. HFS+ had to be updated to make Time Machine work reliably. If those pieces aren't there because you are too cheap to ensure a good backup, then expect to have issues.

While I have emailed, called, and made myself a nuisance at Apple over their decision not to provide Leopard GM to devs on time, I do not believe in using hacks to get around limitations when the whole purpose of a backup is for it to be usable and so doing it wirelessly to a G5 if its not running Leopard will give you most likely an unusable backup.

Actually, you can use a read/write disk image on ANY network volume as a Time Machine volume. This is 100% technically supported, as the disk image effectively abstracts the share - and any other issues it may have that could be sources of problems - from Time Machine. Yes, some might consider this an ugly workaround, but it's a way to use Time Machine in a supported fashion on any network volume without a "hack".

Zoboomafoo
Oct 26, 2007, 11:25 PM
Actually, many educational institutions and stores are still selling Leopard - legitimately - for $69 to students, faculty, and staff. The change this time is what Apple sells it to individuals for directly, but educational institutions can still buy - and resell - for $69. That's exactly what we're doing at the University of Wisconsin - Madison, for example:

http://techstore.doit.wisc.edu/product.asp?login=P&itemnum=C48501

well that's cool. if only i weren't 2000 miles away from my school. :P

xfiftyfour
Oct 26, 2007, 11:41 PM
Me too. My student developer status expires tomorrow. I was hoping for free Leopard, especially in light of the greedy $116 "discounted" education version :mad:

I just got this email:

Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard, the sixth major release of Mac OS X, launched today.

Maybe you'll make the cut anyways? Good news for us student developers. I just BARELY make it in (November is my last mailing). :D

EDIT: Woops, sorry.. missed the post above that already had this email in it. I'm sleepy. :o

psychofreak
Oct 26, 2007, 11:45 PM
the GM build is probably nearly identical to the last seed. and if you really wanted to have it i guess you knew where you could find it the last few days...

Even the smallest changes to software as complex as OSX can make differences...

cohibadad
Oct 27, 2007, 12:48 AM
Even the smallest changes to software as complex as OSX can make differences...

nearly identical but significant improvements. Persistent failure to renew wireless connections automatically on restarts has been resolved. Keychain corruption seems to have been resolved also. Archive and install works significantly different also. If 9A559 had been GM the whining would have been explosive.

psychofreak
Oct 27, 2007, 12:49 AM
nearly identical but significant improvements. Persistent failure to renew wireless connections automatically on restarts has been resolved. Keychain corruption seems to have been resolved also. Archive and install works significantly different also. If 9A559 had been GM the whining would have been explosive.

Don't forget the new sidedock :)

daddymac76
Oct 27, 2007, 01:44 AM
Don't include the functionality if you can't make it work!! broken in the dev builds all along, broken in the final, fine work apple. You did this with 10.4 and mobile accounts and never really got it right, didn't think you could top yourself and break it completely with certain implementations, again great work.:confused::eek:

cdinca
Oct 27, 2007, 02:17 AM
Actually, you can use a read/write disk image on ANY network volume as a Time Machine volume. This is 100% technically supported, as the disk image effectively abstracts the share - and any other issues it may have that could be sources of problems - from Time Machine. Yes, some might consider this an ugly workaround, but it's a way to use Time Machine in a supported fashion on any network volume without a "hack".

I really have searched, and have not heard this before. Would you mind elaborating for me? Are you saying that I can create a read/write disk image on my buffalo NAS and use that to back up with TM?

SiliconAddict
Oct 27, 2007, 02:45 AM

Sure I can, because holding it back didn't do squat to reduce piracy. Something Apple and apparently you don't get is that the internet is like piss in a pool. Once its in there you aren't getting it out and all you need is one person to create a torrent and you are basically done. This is just another example of Apple's further progression of big business-izing themselves. The last 3 years has seen a marked decrease in the moral and ethical character of Apple. (This all really started just after Jobs's brush with cancer and I think it was a wakeup call for him that sent the man into a lets-grow-this-company-now-before-I'm-gone phase.)
At this point I'm borderline openly hostile towards Apple and _SOME_ of their business practices because in my eyes they are no better then Microsoft, or the IBM of old. Which I find ironic because Jobs loathed IBM. I guess the rosy glasses come off when you get older eh.

libertyterran
Oct 27, 2007, 02:53 AM
I just got this email:

Maybe you'll make the cut anyways? Good news for us student developers. I just BARELY make it in (November is my last mailing). :D

EDIT: Woops, sorry.. missed the post above that already had this email in it. I'm sleepy. :o
I can't believe this until check the email myself. And guess what? My ADC student membership expires on 02/11/2007. So ********* happy :D.

nja247
Oct 27, 2007, 03:24 AM

You're aware I hope that Leopard 9a581 was available on all the major Bittorrent sites since 22 Oct right? So how did this measure reduce piracy ??

irun5k
Oct 27, 2007, 04:51 AM
I'm starting to think that the only developers that Apple cares about are the ones sitting in cubicles on their own campus.

Java 1.6 is nowhere to be seen in Leopard- not even in beta form. Surely Steve Jobs realizes how many developers had started switching to Macbooks. Good Old Steve told us that he wanted to make OS X a premier Java environment. That was before he said it was crap (when asked about Java on the iPhone.) Apple has been very secretive about their plans and has never issued a public statement about the state of Java 6 on their OS.

There are a few million Java developers worldwide. Many of the largest companies have huge commitments to Java. A lot of this is internal development, apps that the casual MacRumors enthusiast will never see. Sometimes I think Apple is so caught up in the iGeneration stuff, they don't realize that before we can all iPlay and spend money on iDevices, we work. I guess at work Steve wants us to use Windows or Linux. Nevermind the fact that OS X is so close to filling the needs many of us have at work and many small to mid size companies are just looking for reasons to switch.

On one hand, Apple builds some of the best hardware and software around IMHO. In many areas there really is nobody better. But this dang elitist attitude kills me. And it also kills businesses.

IMHO, software developers are good people to have as customers and good customers to keep happy. Why? I bet software engineers get asked at least 10 times more than the ordinary person about what type of computer they recommend. We also get 10 times the solicitations for help with computers, which is why many of us recommend Apple. But hey- if I have to go back to Windows or Linux, I'll lose touch with the Apple community and it won't be something I am comfortable recommending.

Here's to hoping that Jobs bumps his head (lightly of course) and loses his God complex.

slackpacker
Oct 27, 2007, 08:20 AM
If you can't trust your developers... who can you trust

Geddi
Oct 27, 2007, 09:02 AM
I got the ADC Student mail aswell. But I'm disappointed that it's not available for download at my deveoper.apple.com. So I sent them an e-mail... Don't wanna wait 10 more days for it :mad:

suwandy
Oct 27, 2007, 09:51 AM

It's not awfully obvious to me yet, but I wonder how is Gold Master (GM) version differs from the one that we will buy from the stores, if there is any difference at all? What does it really mean actually?

sorry, a n00b in this ... :)

Thanks

twoodcc
Oct 27, 2007, 09:54 AM
glad they finally seeded. so do all select members get client and server?

benspratling
Oct 27, 2007, 11:06 AM
I really have searched, and have not heard this before. Would you mind elaborating for me? Are you saying that I can create a read/write disk image on my buffalo NAS and use that to back up with TM?

As best I understand it, and I'm the one having problems so maybe I'm not up to snuff, any drive that can be mounted can be a Time Machine backup disk. Officially, it's any external drive, or any drive on any Leopard machine on your network, and that's what I've got, but give it a shot, see if it works. Time Machine actually memorized how to get access to my network drive... Happy days if it works for you.

Steflinsky
Oct 27, 2007, 12:09 PM
Hello

J'ai installer le Salopard sur mon Mbp hier soire et en lorsque j ai lancé Vlc (non mis a jour) est ça à super planter grave tou le system.... j'ai du l éteindre par le bouton.

Je suis aller l'installer sur le mac mini d'un amis.Le mac mini (G4) ne voulait pas le dvd d'install... il le recracher au bout de 10 seconde alors j ai reinitialiser le firmaware (alp+pomme+o+f) apres il a reussi a demarrer avec mais quand j ai voulue selmectionner le volume, il ne reconnaissait pas le disque dure...alors j ai quitter le programme d'installation pour choisir le disque de demarrage et il la trouve a ce moment la ....

Bonjour

I have install Mac Os LEOPARD on my Mbp Yesterday, and when i'have launch Vlc ... the ystem was crash...

I have install Leopard on a mac mini from a friend .... and the mac mini no want to read the dvd... He eject it after 10 seconde... So , i have reset the firmware by the (alt+apple+o+f) combinaison.(and etc.... reset set defaults...bla bla..). And the Install was launch....

BUT when the install ask how HD i want to use.... NOTHING... for resolvt it... quit the installation and select the startup disque when they come...and come back to the installation without to reboot on the startupdisk... and the HD is HERE

Au cas ou ca aide quelqu'un

#plus

Modjo
Oct 27, 2007, 12:17 PM
Hello

J'ai intaller le Salopard sur mon Mbp hier soire et en lorsque j ai lancé Vlc (non mis a jour) est ca a super planter grave tou le system.... j'ai du l etindre par le bouton.

Je suis aller l'installer sur le mac mini d'un amis.Le mac mini ne voulait pas le dvd d'install... il le recracher au bout de 10 seconde alors j ai reinitialiser le firmaware (alp+pomme+o+f) apres il a reussi a demarrer avec mais quand j ai voulue selmectionner le volume, il ne reconnaissait pas le disque dure...alors j ai quitter le programme d'installation pour choisir le disque de demarrage et il la trouve a ce moment la ....

#plus

Dude, make an effort.
English isn't my native language either.

milo
Oct 27, 2007, 12:22 PM
"Keeping the final build of Leopard internal, however, did not prevent its leak in the days leading to its release."

True, but it held the leaks to within a couple days of release, as compared to past years where the GM has leaked far earlier, sometimes even a week or two early. If apple wanted to clamp down on leaks, this certainly got better results than when they've released it to developers in advance. If I were in their shoes, I'd hold the GM release again, at least hold it until the first copy hits the torrents.

I think the whining is way overblown on this, devs had the previous build to test apps on, and for them there's virtually no change in functionality that would make a difference to them. 99% of apps that ran fine on the last released beta will run fine on GM.

Kashchei
Oct 27, 2007, 12:26 PM
Hello

J'ai intaller le Salopard sur mon Mbp hier soire et en lorsque j ai lancé Vlc (non mis a jour) est ca a super planter grave tou le system.... j'ai du l etindre par le bouton.

Je suis aller l'installer sur le mac mini d'un amis.Le mac mini ne voulait pas le dvd d'install... il le recracher au bout de 10 seconde alors j ai reinitialiser le firmaware (alp+pomme+o+f) apres il a reussi a demarrer avec mais quand j ai voulue selmectionner le volume, il ne reconnaissait pas le disque dure...alors j ai quitter le programme d'installation pour choisir le disque de demarrage et il la trouve a ce moment la ....

#plus

Ce que vous avez écrit m'a beaucoup aidé, mais j'ai une question (je n'ai pas encore installé le nouveau chat, et, de plus en plus, j'ai peur de le faire). Quelle sorte de mini utlise votre ami? Je m'en demandais parce que j'ai acheté un mini 1.83 Ghz il y a un mois et je ne voulais pas avoir une telle experience!

Steflinsky
Oct 27, 2007, 12:31 PM
Dude, make an effort.
English isn't my native language either.

Pff en 2007 on peut pas se comprendre ...

I write very bad ;)

Steflinsky
Oct 27, 2007, 12:33 PM
Ce que vous avez écrit m'a beaucoup aidé, mais j'ai une question (je n'ai pas encore installé le nouveau chat, et, de plus en plus, j'ai peur de le faire). Quelle sorte de mini utlise votre ami? Je m'en demandais parce que j'ai acheté un mini 1.83 Ghz il y a un mois et je ne voulais pas avoir une telle experience!

C'est un mac mini G4 de 1,? (j'ai pas regardé)

Mais ne t'inquiet pas il y a toujours une solution a la chose moi ca ma mis 5 min a comprendre car j'ai eu des ancien mac mais ...en generale ca marche...

koobcamuk
Oct 27, 2007, 12:51 PM
Mange tout.

I'm considering the ADC membership next year.

I wonder how much I'll get off a MBP.

psychofreak
Oct 27, 2007, 12:54 PM
It's not awfully obvious to me yet, but I wonder how is Gold Master (GM) version differs from the one that we will buy from the stores, if there is any difference at all? What does it really mean actually?

sorry, a n00b in this ... :)

Thanks
The GM is the build chosen to be on retail disks :)

Kashchei
Oct 27, 2007, 01:01 PM
C'est un mac mini G4 de 1,? (j'ai pas regardé)

Mais ne t'inquiet pas il y a toujours une solution a la chose moi ca ma mis 5 min a comprendre car j'ai eu des ancien mac mais ...en generale ca marche...

Merci pour les renseignements, et je vous demande pardon de la mentalité des ricans!

suwandy
Oct 27, 2007, 05:44 PM
The GM is the build chosen to be on retail disks :)

thanks for your answer. :cool:

i think it's called build a981 or something along that. Will this be displayed as 'Build A981' on the 'about this mac' page, or will it display 'MAC OS X 10.5'?

Thanks,

Suwandy

benspratling
Oct 28, 2007, 12:16 AM
For those of you who bothered to wonder about my Time Machine issues on the network drive - the issue was the router. I got fed up with it, ran out and bought an Apple Wireless Router, now everything works fine, except my wallet is $179.99 + sales tax thinner.

Mitch1984
Oct 28, 2007, 05:16 PM
I think the 10.5 that they've seeded to developers will have the build number when you press About This Mac rather than version 10.5.

Am I right.

Also I imagine if you had the one seeded to develops then you wouldn't be able to update it by Software update.

I don't know, just guessing.

Alloye
Oct 28, 2007, 06:37 PM
I think the 10.5 that they've seeded to developers will have the build number when you press About This Mac rather than version 10.5.

Am I right.

There is no difference between the developer seed and what went out to retail. It'll say "Version 10.5" in the About This Mac window just like everyone else's copy.

Furthermore, anyone can access the build number by clicking the "Version 10.5" label. A second click will display the serial number of Mac it's running on. A third click takes you back to the beginning.

Also I imagine if you had the one seeded to develops then you wouldn't be able to update it by Software update.

I don't know, just guessing.

Again, there's no difference, so Software Update will work fine.

suwandy
Oct 28, 2007, 06:44 PM
There is no difference between the developer seed and what went out to retail. It'll say "Version 10.5" in the About This Mac window just like everyone else's copy.

Furthermore, anyone can access the build number by clicking the "Version 10.5" label. A second click will display the serial number of Mac it's running on. A third click takes you back to the beginning.

Again, there's no difference, so Software Update will work fine.

cool, that's really clear. cheers :)