PDA

View Full Version : iPhone in Canada on December 7th?

MacRumors
Oct 28, 2007, 11:28 PM
http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com)

BoyGeniusReport (http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2007/10/27/apple-iphone-launching-on-rogers-december-7th/) posts an image which supposedly represents a leaked flyer promoting the iPhone for launch on December 7th in Canada.

http://images.macrumors.com/article/2007/10/29/rogers2_300.jpg

The ad is for Rogers network, and claims that pre-orders start on November 20th.

Article Link (http://www.macrumors.com/iphone/2007/10/29/iphone-in-canada-on-december-7th/)

ventro
Oct 28, 2007, 11:40 PM
This has already been confirmed fake by multiple Rogers reps and the like. Way behind the ball, MRiPB.

11thIndian
Oct 29, 2007, 12:25 AM
This is getting ridiculous. Two iPhone Canada fakeouts in as many weeks.

Personally, with me having my old phone die and therefore having to pick up a new one, I'm happy to live without the iPhone for a bit so justify the money I just spent- but truthfully whenever it does get released I'll be all over it.

It's just maddening...

graymccarty
Oct 29, 2007, 12:39 AM
So fake it's not even funny..

When I read the title of the article I almost had a seizure.

Patiently awaiting the REAL announcement.....

KD7IWP
Oct 29, 2007, 01:30 AM
still no lowered data rates...

Darkroom
Oct 29, 2007, 02:57 AM
if apple/rogers sells the iphone for more than $399 in canada (or without an acceptable contract/plan), there are gonna be a whole lot of unlocked iPhones pop up in december...

BillyShears
Oct 29, 2007, 05:29 AM
This has already been confirmed fake by multiple Rogers reps and the like. Way behind the ball, MRiPB.

When the iPhone was announced, weren't Rogers reps saying it would be available in Canada at different times? Not sure I'd consider them reliable. But that doesn't really prove this is legit.

wiseguy
Oct 29, 2007, 07:14 AM
First the logo is wrong, the Rogers circle is on top without the name, also, this layout is so badly done graphically, we should see a full picture of the iPhone, and nothing is justified, meaning the text doesn't balance, left and right ending are not aligned with anything, I wouldn't hired the person who did this fake, very very bad design.

Orng
Oct 29, 2007, 07:32 AM
Doesn't look like a Rogers ad. Rogers likes to have professionals do their ads, this one looks like student work. First-year student work. It's off-brand and off-message. Too cluttered. Too ugly. The logo is separated from the Rogers name. The student probably got a "B-" for this.

Put it this way, Rogers, as much as I may dislike them, sends me a brochure for home phone service every six weeks or so, that makes me WANT a bright red 70s-style tabletop phone. This ad makes me want to look at something else.

Rogers wouldn't drop the ball like that.

Drumjim85
Oct 29, 2007, 08:35 AM
it also says pre order... Which jobs hasn't/won't do with the iPhone.

Tsuius
Oct 29, 2007, 09:33 AM
***FAKE***

There is no point to advertise the iPhone without data pricing.
Also I don't recall seeing Steve Jobs in Toronto or at Rogers headquarters announcing the iPhone.

jesteraver
Oct 29, 2007, 09:39 AM
If only the iPhone had HSDPA it could get 1GB of data for $65/month. You could use 33 MB a day of data. I know it is still expensive. Though it is better then the data plans Rogers has for EDGE.

themanfromvlad
Oct 29, 2007, 09:43 AM
Everyone reading this: The iPhone will not be coming to Canada for a long time. The Canadian cellphone market is just not mature enough right now, and is a virtual oligopoly.

The earliest we will see a carrier with an iPhone deal is before christmas 2008. And that only if there is a significant sea of change in the industry.

There's only one GSM provider in Canada (Rogers owns Fido) and Apple cannot recreate the bidding war it has in other countries.

If Apple were to release a CDMA iPhone (Anyone who thinks a CDMA version doesn't exist in a lab in Cupertino is clueless) for the Japan market, that might help start a bidding war between Rogers and Bell for Canadian rights.

If that doesn't happen, and Rogers is the only game in town, I think it would be more likely that Apple releases an unlocked iPhone for Canada at a higher price point.

Tsuius
Oct 29, 2007, 10:08 AM
Everyone reading this: The iPhone will not be coming to Canada for a long time. The Canadian cellphone market is just not mature enough right now, and is a virtual oligopoly.

The earliest we will see a carrier with an iPhone deal is before christmas 2008. And that only if there is a significant sea of change in the industry.

There's only one GSM provider in Canada (Rogers owns Fido) and Apple cannot recreate the bidding war it has in other countries.

If Apple were to release a CDMA iPhone (Anyone who thinks a CDMA version doesn't exist in a lab in Cupertino is clueless) for the Japan market, that might help start a bidding war between Rogers and Bell for Canadian rights.

If that doesn't happen, and Rogers is the only game in town, I think it would be more likely that Apple releases an unlocked iPhone for Canada at a higher price point.

I agree. CRTC has created a no competition zone in Canada for Rogers. If Fido was not owned by Rogers the iPhone would have been here in June.

jesteraver
Oct 29, 2007, 10:30 AM
I agree. CRTC has created a no competition zone in Canada for Rogers. If Fido was not owned by Rogers the iPhone would have been here in June.

I know what you mean. The CRTC is just BS crap, just helps the corporations. Quebecor (Videotron) wants to have them open the Frequencies for mobile phones, but Rogers is pissed about that.

Honestly **** the government body, the CRTC can not regulate ****.

slicecom
Oct 29, 2007, 10:47 AM
First the logo is wrong, the Rogers circle is on top without the name, also, this layout is so badly done graphically, we should see a full picture of the iPhone, and nothing is justified, meaning the text doesn't balance, left and right ending are not aligned with anything, I wouldn't hired the person who did this fake, very very bad design.

Agreed. If I had handed this in in the first semester of my program, I would have failed. Whoever made it did a horrible job.

Darkroom
Oct 29, 2007, 03:12 PM

Telus Mobility!!!!!! afterall, Telus is the most similar to Apple in regards to their marketing aesthetic... even their stores are galleryesque like Apple stores. down with Bell and Rogers!

Eric Lewis
Oct 29, 2007, 03:14 PM
Telus Mobility!!!!!! afterall, Telus is the most similar to Apple in regards to their marketing aesthetic... even their stores are galleryesque like Apple stores. down with Bell and Rogers!

if there was a CDMA then telus would win

there stores are apple with purple/green/white instead of white/silver

chuckles:)
Oct 29, 2007, 04:25 PM
I agree, the CRTC has ruined many canadian industries through regulation (Cellular, radio, telivision, WiMAX to name a few). The problem here isn't rogers, its the government supporting and ENFORCING monopolies.

monke
Oct 29, 2007, 05:21 PM
$499? What, is that before the 2 month price drop?

That's a joke. $499, yet our dollar is worth more. :rolleyes:

RafMac
Oct 29, 2007, 07:34 PM
First, The ad is a fake, as I design loyalty program coalition email ads for Rogers, as per Rogers specifications, you're not allowed to split their logo (rogers circle top right and rogers wordmark at bottom right), secondly this is not a Rogers style ad and typography and font sizes would not be approved by legal dept. Even, if someone tipped about Rogers iPhone release date, the ad would not look like this. Whoever designed this amateurish ad was probably tipped and wanted to jump the gun first.

Second, CRTC which stands for "Communism Radio and Telecommunications Commission", they simply tell what Canadians can watch and hear, and what we should have and pay for. This is BS democracy, in democracy you should be able to watch what you want. Instead we get communist monopoly!

HowEver
Oct 29, 2007, 08:00 PM
As Elaine said to Jerry, "Fake, fake, fake, fake. Fake!"

And annoying.

im_noahselby
Oct 29, 2007, 08:45 PM
http://www.canada.com/topics/technology/story.html?id=7ceeceb2-091a-40fb-ad3f-5403e785d1d0&k=46211

Rogers has already confirmed that this ad was fake. End of story...

jesteraver
Oct 29, 2007, 09:10 PM
There is another ad online now

jesteraver
Oct 29, 2007, 09:12 PM
First, The ad is a fake, as I design loyalty program coalition email ads for Rogers, as per Rogers specifications, you're not allowed to split their logo (rogers circle top right and rogers wordmark at bottom right), secondly this is not a Rogers style ad and typography and font sizes would not be approved by legal dept. Even, if someone tipped about Rogers iPhone release date, the ad would not look like this. Whoever designed this amateurish ad was probably tipped and wanted to jump the gun first.

Second, CRTC which stands for "Communism Radio and Telecommunications Commission", they simply tell what Canadians can watch and hear, and what we should have and pay for. This is BS democracy, in democracy you should be able to watch what you want. Instead we get communist monopoly!

**** I would rather have Directv in Canada then Bell Expressvu. Hopefully will change soon muhahahah god bless technology.

GRB
Oct 30, 2007, 08:00 PM
There is another ad online now

Which one is that?

elgruga
Oct 31, 2007, 12:06 PM
Uh?
I already have my iPhone running on Rogers, thanks.
I tried a small data plan, but soon realised it was a waste of cash - I just wait for a WiFI spot now.

I believe there are at least 10,000 iphones running in Canada, all on Rogers, all without Rogers 'approval'.

The iPhone in Canada, assuming a natural disdain for telling the Customs guys that you have one, costs $382 Canadian dollars!

Unlocking is free. Who needs Rogers to get an 'official' version?

wolfshades
Nov 1, 2007, 06:48 PM
We really have no need for the CRTC here anymore. Let the market dip and flow as it will - the right price will be found. Once Rogers' stranglehold is gone.

I'm pretty sure Stevie won't even consider the Canadian market for the iPhone unless and until one carrier (the only possible one being Rogers right now) can come up with a decent data rate.

Screw 'em. If you want one, go to the U.S. and get an unlocked iPhone. Or just continue using your Razr phone and grab an iPod Touch.

wiseguy
Nov 2, 2007, 11:17 AM
Fido is using Rogers Network
Videotron is using Rogers Network (without data)
Telus is using Bell Network

So forget Telus biding for iPhone, they would be squeezed by Bell.

Anyway, after talking to so many Rogers customer service employee, I found out the Voice and Data package at 90$... Half price for 3 months and data illimited during this period. After 3 months you can change for a cheaper Voice and Data plan at no cost.

So it means : 45$ + 6.95$ + .50$ for 350min. + N&W-E ill. after 9pm. for 3 months

MacinDoc
Nov 2, 2007, 12:07 PM
Actually, the $499 is the monthly fee for the Rogers voice/data plan... :rolleyes:

Stella
Nov 2, 2007, 12:25 PM
Fido is using Rogers Network
Videotron is using Rogers Network (without data)

Fido used to be great.. especially its regular promotions and data rates... until Rogers bought them out. What were the CRTC thinking of- reducing competition is a good thing?

Actually, the $499 is the monthly fee for the Rogers voice/data plan... :rolleyes:

What would be funny.. unfortunately its too close to reality!

queshy
Nov 5, 2007, 07:19 PM
I'm debating whether I should just get an iPod touch and keep my razr or go get an iPhone...but I don't feel like playing the cat and mouse game with apple vs. hackers, and always having to worry if the next update will brick my iPhone.

Fimo
Nov 5, 2007, 08:23 PM

hmmm, interesting, we could then have a 3G iPhone using Bell's EVDO and if there was an option for overseas GSM usage through the option of a SIM card ala the BB 8830 Bell that would seal the deal for me!

It would definitely also create some bidding war between Rogers and Bell if for the rights!

quigleybc
Nov 5, 2007, 10:32 PM
I'm debating whether I should just get an iPod touch and keep my razr or go get an iPhone...but I don't feel like playing the cat and mouse game with apple vs. hackers, and always having to worry if the next update will brick my iPhone.

ya me too.

I'm leaning towards just getting the iPhone and never updating unless positive that it'll be kosher.

MacTO
Nov 5, 2007, 11:10 PM
Is $499 the price Rogers might've thought of before the Loonie became this strong...? :confused:

Cheers. :apple:

Tim117
Nov 5, 2007, 11:50 PM

You remind me of Dwight.

mrwilmoth
Nov 6, 2007, 01:25 AM
$499 isnt that bad!

Nimiety
Nov 6, 2007, 07:06 PM
I just got off the phone with a Rogers rep who confirmed that they had gotten an internal memo advising that December was being targetted for the release of the iPhone. She also mentioned that she (and we) could expect another memo a little later in the month, around November 20th or so she said, as they would need time internally for training and customers would need time to preorder.

I went on to ask a few related things (you can get a service credit on a new phone if you spend enough per month and haven't gotten any credits recently, and of course that would only apply if you bought the phone at a Roger's store and not an Apple store), and wrapped it up by confirming back to her that she (they) had been informed the iPhone is being lined up for a December release and to expect more information this month.

The irony is this resounds very well with that original ad, which while debunked as being a final copy may have been a legitimate "early version for management review".

PS - there can be a difference between the ad and copy a marketing company puts together as a final proposal on a project and preliminary versions much earlier on in that process. My company recently put together a promotional video with the help of a marketing company, and I was able to watch (and often laugh) at the changes in the versions over the month that led up to the "final" version.

....Iiiiiiiinteresting....

colinmack
Nov 7, 2007, 11:20 AM
More family plans? :cool:

igglepuff
Nov 7, 2007, 04:02 PM
I just got off the phone with a Rogers rep who confirmed that they had gotten an internal memo advising that December was being targetted for the release of the iPhone. She also mentioned that she (and we) could expect another memo a little later in the month, around November 20th or so she said, as they would need time internally for training and customers would need time to preorder....

By no means am i calling shens on your information you received, though when I had asked a few days ago (was adjusting my plan because i needed more data for my treo) the rep told me they had not received any info (though, he may have been lower on the rogers food chain, or was just before they did). Here's hoping they actually follow through with what was reported to you from the rep and aroudn teh end of this month we can pre-order with rogers.. but who knows, rumors float around about everything from the molson contest 'screw up' where it had an iphone as a prive stating av. form rogers exclusivly jan 08 to the what we hear now. If it is true, im guessing they'll have a special plan for it as o2 did with their data, removing the 200mb cap for iphone users. .. time will tell i guess:)

Anyone else get any word similar, form an actual rogers rep when calling in?

Love
Nov 7, 2007, 04:14 PM
If TELUS got the iPhone, I would slit my wrists.

Telus is using Bell Network

Actually, you have that backwards. Bell only has a network in Calgary, Edmonton, and Vancouver. Other than that they use TELUS towers/network.

igglepuff
Nov 7, 2007, 04:15 PM
If TELUS got the iPhone, I would slit my wrists.

hahaha. i wish rogers werent nazis so we could have a real confrimation from them, evne if its a 'preorder for january' type thing D:

Love
Nov 7, 2007, 04:21 PM
hahaha. i wish rogers werent nazis so we could have a real confrimation from them, evne if its a 'preorder for january' type thing D:

I hate BASTARDS Mobility erm... TELUS. The network is just terrible. I live in Calgary and by friends on Rogers/Fido and Bell always get signal in spots my phone gets NO SERVICE. As soon as I walk In to my school, my phone beeps and says No Service! It's kind of creepy

bryanw
Nov 9, 2007, 07:07 PM
Came across this link since this morning. Surprised it hadn't shown up on page 2 yet. Looks like Xmas theme iPhone & accessories ad for Canadian store. No prices given. Clicking on buy now link leads you to:

Sorry..The item you have selected is currently not available from the Apple Store.

Please note that Apple cannot guarantee availability of any product.

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/canadastore.woa/wa/RSLID?nnmm=browse&mco=EE6A9B45&node=campaigns/holiday/iphone

igglepuff
Nov 9, 2007, 09:31 PM
heh, unfortunately all it is is a copy of another page, apple copies pages on their stores. Hence, you can replace canadastore with tiwainstore and it works there, also :( Here's hoping it is prepping though for it, i wouldn't mind a real play from rogers for it.. i guess well find out by end of the month

themanfromvlad
Nov 12, 2007, 01:28 PM

You're not forced to update...an iPhone running 1.0.2 is better than my old crappy samsung, let me tell ya...

Nimiety
Nov 12, 2007, 06:25 PM
Another interesting thing about a Canadian iphone...

As of just a few days ago, a search on the Apple website for "iphone" turned up no results, of course. As of right now, there are results, all of a sudden - widgets, accessories, even one of the guided tours.

Anyone else notice this?

RafMac
Nov 13, 2007, 06:28 PM
Yes, that's true it had no results before, but now we get accessories for iphone and ipod touch. Hopefully it'll launch soon, but these accessories are for ipod touch as iphone uses the same thing.

Raid
Nov 20, 2007, 09:01 AM
For what it's worth, I saw this clip in today's Metro:
With the iPhone expected to land in the lap of a key rival, Bell Canada is hoping to make its own splash by offering a competing touch-screen device. Bell is hoping to boost sales of its new HTC Touch smartphone this Christmas by offering voice subscribers the option of purchasing a $7 optional plan that adds unlimited access to e-mail and the internet. So if a rival company is releasing a product in time for the Christmas season to challenge the iPhone, does that mean Rogers will be making an announcement soon? Or is Rogers going to completely drop the ball and miss a big purchasing season? The saga continues...

P.S. Did you notice the $7 pricing strategy for unlimited email and internet? Maybe some good will come of all this.

goosnarrggh
Nov 20, 2007, 11:19 AM
Actually, you have that backwards. Bell only has a network in Calgary, Edmonton, and Vancouver. Other than that they use TELUS towers/network.

You're both wrong. Sort of.

Telus and Bell both started out providing regional cellular service independently in different parts of the country, along with several other regional carriers. Usually the only cellular service in a given area was established by the incumbent landline service provider for the area. I think Bell has incumbent service throughout much of Ontario.

As companies strived to provide nation-wide service, they entered into strategic partnerships to share each other's towers/network, so that only one company would need to invest in the infrastructure for any given new market, and both companies' customers could use the service equally.

In the Maritimes, for example, Aliant (and before them, NBTel, MT&T, IslandTel and NewTel) had been the only service provider in town until Rogers came along with its GSM network.

Every CDMA service provider that set up shop in the Maritimes (such as Bell Canada, Telus, Virgin Mobile, etc) reached agreements to lease network time from Aliant. Now, Bell Canada and Aliant have merged (they had always been closely associated under the infamous "Bell System"), and the Aliant branding has been expanded to cover all former Bell Canada cell phone accounts in the region, however, Bell Canada's "Bell Mobility" division has taken over control of the entire wireless network. But they still lease their CDMA network out to everybody else.

glennyboiwpg
Nov 21, 2007, 08:30 AM
I just spent $605 on an iphone (shipping from calafornia included) to get an unlocked iphone... They better not sell it in canada.

:(

igglepuff
Nov 21, 2007, 02:29 PM
I just spent $605 on an iphone (shipping from calafornia included) to get an unlocked iphone... They better not sell it in canada.

:(

heh don't worry on it. They aren't going to anytime soon, rogers' data prices are out of this world and everyone with their 'sources' seem to be completely wrong. people saying this is real, that is, well hear more around teh X date rogers reps got info on it seem to be pulling your leg. As much as i'd love it(to get a real unlimited plan for it) i don't see it anytime soon unfortunately

Billy Bob
Nov 23, 2007, 04:47 AM
http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com)

BoyGeniusReport (http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2007/10/27/apple-iphone-launching-on-rogers-december-7th/) posts an image which supposedly represents a leaked flyer promoting the iPhone for launch on December 7th in Canada.

http://images.macrumors.com/article/2007/10/29/rogers2_300.jpg

The ad is for Rogers network, and claims that pre-orders start on November 20th.

Article Link (http://www.macrumors.com/iphone/2007/10/29/iphone-in-canada-on-december-7th/)

Who cares I'm not supporting their rediculous manipulation of the market

RafMac
Nov 23, 2007, 12:17 PM
whether Rogers gets iPhone or not, they will have to compete with MaBell's $7 unlimited data plan or risk losing some customers. I bet if you called Rogers now they would match the deal or work something out to please and keep you.
At this point we should have iPhone either mid-December or January.

vanmacguy
Nov 23, 2007, 12:33 PM

ya me too.

I'm leaning towards just getting the iPhone and never updating unless positive that it'll be kosher.

Go and get one. It's a fantastic device. I bought mine here in Vancouver for 575 unlocked and it works great on Rogers I've had it for about 7 weeks and a buddy at work got one two weeks ago too. Sure I'd like a data plan but would rather keep my house, so I just use all the features when wi-fi is around.

Like others have said, there are a lot of reasons why we won't see it in Canada for along time. Apple would never release it here with data prices as high as they are and why would Rogers negotiate? I think they should, but they have absolutely no reason to. Rogers pushes Blackberry which is another Canadian company (RIM) and they make an absolute fortune on the data plans. If they released iPhone they'd have to drop data rates across the board which they won't do and if they released an iPhone only data plan, RIM would be major p1ssed. So it's not going to happen until someone forces their hand.

Get one, unlock it, use it where you can. It's still the best phone I've ever had. Screw Rogers and the Communist RTC.

Cheers.

RafMac
Dec 13, 2007, 07:44 AM
Too bad that apple and Rogers are missing out on Christmas rush sales on iphone now that unlimited data plans prices from $129-$199/mth are sliding down on a slippery slope amongst Bell, Telus, Rogers now to $7-25/mth.
This seems like it's prep time for iPhone arrival or simply they are trying to get apple's attention.:)

JonHimself
Dec 13, 2007, 01:10 PM
Too bad that apple and Rogers are missing out on Christmas rush sales on iphone now that unlimited data plans prices from $129-$199/mth are sliding down on a slippery slope amongst Bell, Telus, Rogers now to $7-25/mth.
This seems like it's prep time for iPhone arrival or simply they are trying to get apple's attention.:)

Other than bell's most recent data plan, have any of the three offered any unlimited plan at any price in the past year or so? I'm almost positive that none have even had the option for unlimited data (I think Fido's plan from a while back was the last one)

RafMac
Jan 2, 2008, 09:54 AM
Other than bell's most recent data plan, have any of the three offered any unlimited plan at any price in the past year or so? I'm almost positive that none have even had the option for unlimited data (I think Fido's plan from a while back was the last one)

I noticed that Rogers is offering Unlimited Data Plan for 15 bucks now! I got the offer ad slip with my Rogers Cable bill yesterday. This could be an indicator of Rogers iPhone on the horizon, possibly after MacWorld's Jan. 15 keynote. Signs indicate that 16GB or more iPhone version will be out since current iPod Touch has 16GB capacity.

If nothing for Canada after jan. 15, I'll drive to Buffalo or Pittsburg to buy one or get a friend from US ship me one.

klimegreen
Jan 3, 2008, 12:00 AM
I understand that Rogers won't do a flat-rate data plan for the iPhone (http://personafile.com/iPhone-apps.html)and Apple won't play because of this. Is this true?

igglepuff
Jan 3, 2008, 02:48 AM
I noticed that Rogers is offering Unlimited Data Plan for 15 bucks now! I got the offer ad slip with my Rogers Cable bill yesterday. This could be an indicator of Rogers iPhone on the horizon, possibly after MacWorld's Jan. 15 keynote. Signs indicate that 16GB or more iPhone version will be out since current iPod Touch has 16GB capacity.

If nothing for Canada after jan. 15, I'll drive to Buffalo or Pittsburg to buy one or get a friend from US ship me one.

Where did you get that from? very interested in unlimited data from rogers.. could you show us the advert you recieved? Are you sure this is for data, and now blackberry (already had unlimited).

RafMac
Jan 8, 2008, 10:32 AM
I got it from Rogers, but... I noticed the fine print. It's for emails only. It's similar offer to Telus I believe, but in the end Telus added Data to emails, I am sure Rogers has matched the offer as at time of printing and distributing by Rogers, Telus has already sweetened their offer long ago. Rogers tends to send ads with bills really late.

igglepuff
Jan 8, 2008, 11:58 PM
yea, figured. the best they said they could do for me was the $65(cdn) pc card plan to use for my phone, with $15 discount on it. I guess that isnt bad, seeing as someone screwed up and gave me a $15 discount already on my 20$ retention plan itself? heh

here's hoping they'll get the phoen soon so they ahve real plans

RafMac
Jan 9, 2008, 11:26 AM
yea, figured. the best they said they could do for me was the $65(cdn) pc card plan to use for my phone, with $15 discount on it. I guess that isnt bad, seeing as someone screwed up and gave me a $15 discount already on my 20$ retention plan itself? heh

here's hoping they'll get the phoen soon so they ahve real plans

Hey guess what, Rogers said it added a net of 183,300 cellphone subscribers during the period, down about 25 per cent from a year earlier. They are entering a volatile market and shareholders are not happy losing quarter of subscribers.

If Rogers had introduced the iPhone before Xmas and reduced their data plans they would have encountered massive new subscribers gains. Too bad for stubborn Rogers they missed the Xmas Rush boat.

iphoneCDN
Jan 11, 2008, 02:01 AM
Rogers really needs to re-evaluate how they train their CSRs, because the consistency between is non-existent! I have had so many different reps tell me different stories about my account and what is included. It's really frustrating.

I don't think the iPhone is coming to Canada anytime soon...you'd think they would promote it a bit to build some hype before releasing it...

RafMac
Jan 21, 2008, 01:24 PM
Rogers really needs to re-evaluate how they train their CSRs, because the consistency between is non-existent! I have had so many different reps tell me different stories about my account and what is included. It's really frustrating.

I don't think the iPhone is coming to Canada anytime soon...you'd think they would promote it a bit to build some hype before releasing it...

Rogers Sales Reps are so clueless when it comes to the iPhone. They keep saying there are problems with iPhone on their network as they don't work well and data compression is an issue, that's the reason they don't have iPhone yet.
I say that's bunch of crap as many of my friends have iPhone with Rogers and have not reported any problems except that visual voice mail feature not working as it's ATT/Apple feature.

Apple and Canadian consumers issues are ROGERS CHARGES TOO MUCH FOR DATA AND ITS PLANS.