PDA

View Full Version : iPod Touch connector

mooty
Oct 29, 2007, 07:46 AM
Is the iPod touch connector the same as all other iPod connectors? Ie the same as the nano and ipod?

Thanks,

RodThePlod
Oct 29, 2007, 08:40 AM
Is the iPod touch connector the same as all other iPod connectors? Ie the same as the nano and ipod?

Thanks,

Yup - they use the same connector. Be aware, though, that accessories which you may have used successfully with older iPods *may* not work with the touch even though the connector is the same...

Rod.

goldypoker
Oct 29, 2007, 01:41 PM
Yup - they use the same connector. Be aware, though, that accessories which you may have used successfully with older iPods *may* not work with the touch even though the connector is the same...
Rod.

Does this apply to chargers as well? I need to find a wall socket charger in for the touch in a bad way....

The most important accessory I am missing for my touch right now (in addition to a good carry case/skin!) is a wall mounted charger for when I travel and dont have easy access to a USB port.....

mmfy
Oct 29, 2007, 01:44 PM
Does this apply to chargers as well? I need to find a wall socket charger in for the touch in a bad way....

The most important accessory I am missing for my touch right now (in addition to a good carry case/skin!) is a wall mounted charger for when I travel and dont have easy access to a USB port.....

I'd like to knwo too - I have two wall chargers for the iPod and would really be a bit peeved if I have to buy a 3rd despite it fitting!

aidanpendragon
Oct 29, 2007, 01:49 PM
Can't say for certain, but I think the wall adaptor is unchanged. It's only video-out, etc., where Apple is trying to grind people for more $$$.

Ubuntu
Oct 29, 2007, 01:55 PM

I use the firewire charger from my iPod photo, works fine.

Of course the firewire cable won't work for transfers, but it works for charging. Just don't forget to press in the adapter when removing, unlike the iPod touch data cable.

mmfy
Oct 29, 2007, 02:47 PM
Can't say for certain, but I think the wall adaptor is unchanged. It's only video-out, etc., where Apple is trying to grind people for more $$$.

great..video-out not a biggy for me at all