PDA

View Full Version : how long to process Apple Education Loan?

buckuxc
Sep 10, 2003, 10:45 AM
hey all,

I've been in the market to buy a Powerbook for God knows how long. I'm among those that have been strung along in hopes of updated 15" PB's coming in. At least the wait has proved fruitful in that the iPods are now 40GB's and still the same price (this alone might have been worth the wait).

Anyway, with high hopes that the PB's will be updated at the Apple Expo in Paris, I want to be able to jump on purchasing one ASAP when they are announced. I will need to apply for an Apple Education loan though, so my question is: if I go ahead and "purchase" a 15" PB now it will take a probably at least a week to get the papers to me, signed and sent back to Apple, so will I be able to upgrade my order to the new 15" PB if it's available then?

Or should I just wait til they're announced before I make any move?

Thanks

sps

Ramsos
Sep 10, 2003, 12:40 PM
First of all it only takes about 30 seconds to find out weither or not you qualify. If you do you will be able to place your order that day(I know this because I have done it before). Secondly you can apply for the loan right now and buy what you want later, they give you up to 6 months to place your order after it is approved. Good luck-RAM:D

buckuxc
Sep 12, 2003, 07:09 AM
This is the information from Apple's site that I was referring to when I asked the question.

By Internet
1. After you have completed your order on the Apple Store Online or Apple Education Store Online, click on Check Out.
2. Select Apple Instant Loan as the payment method to proceed to the on-line application.
3. Complete the application, and upon approval, download the Apple Instant Loan documents via .PDF files. (Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader)
4. Print out the documents, read, sign and return them to Apple Instant Loan along with the required documentation.
5. Apple will process your order once the completed documents are received. If your signed Apple Instant Loan documents are not received within 30 days, your order will be canceled.

By Phone
1. Phone in your order by calling 800-MY-APPLE (800-692-7753). Your Apple Store sales agent can take your order and help you with the Apple Instant Loan application process. Within minutes, you can find out if you are approved and for what amount (up to $7,500 for students, up to $10,000 for consumers and educators).
2. Once you are pre-approved, your loan documents will be sent to you via Fed Ex.
3. Simply read the loan documents, sign and return them with any necessary documentation in the enclosed envelope. Your order will be processed once the completed documents are received. If your signed Apple Instant Loan documents are not received within 30 days, your order will be canceled.