PDA

View Full Version : Java on Leopard - How to install API?

firesong
Nov 2, 2007, 01:22 AM
Hi all,

I've been looking around and trying to figure out how to get the APIs in for Java 5 on OS X Leopard. I can't seem to be able to find how to do it. The "java_for_mac_os_x_10.5_documentation.dmg" file does not seem to include the API reference, or perhaps I might be looking at the wrong places?

As to why I would like it installed - it used to be installed on my Tiger rig, but I've just upgraded to Leopard. Am a student, and some places I go to do not have Wifi or internet access, so having the API with me is a huge bonus.

Appreciate any help, and thanks in advance!

psingh01
Nov 3, 2007, 08:46 PM
I'm sure you can just download them from java.sun.com. Nothing really needs to be installed, they are just html files.

jeremy.king
Nov 3, 2007, 09:06 PM
http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index_jdk5.jsp#docs

plinden
Nov 3, 2007, 09:06 PM
http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index_jdk5.jsp

Edit: uncanny, at exactly the same time.

Persifleur
Nov 4, 2007, 03:43 AM
After installing java_for_mac_os_x_10.5_documentation.dmg from the ADC website, I now have J2SE 5.0 and Java 1.4 API Reference in the sidebar of my documentation window (Help -> Documentation).

firesong
Nov 4, 2007, 06:56 PM
After installing java_for_mac_os_x_10.5_documentation.dmg from the ADC website, I now have J2SE 5.0 and Java 1.4 API Reference in the sidebar of my documentation window (Help -> Documentation).

Oh thanks! :D

I figured it was around somewhere since I found out Eclipse (which is what I mainly use, not XCode. :o) does show the document reference when you hover.

Why I thought it wasn't around was because I usually use Quicksilver to bring up the document, having aliased it to "API" in my previous tiger install - now it doesn't show anything, so I guess the quicksilver developer plugin is broken. :(

Here's the link (it's quite deep in), if anyone else might need it : file:///Developer/Documentation/DocSets/com.apple.ADC_Reference_Library.Java15APIReference.docset/Contents/Resources/Documents/documentation/Java/Reference/1.5.0/doc/api/index.html

Thanks all!