PDA

View Full Version : Where's the G5 Dualies???

Playfrsbee
Sep 15, 2003, 12:11 PM
Its offficially 1 week until the newest revised ship dates will pass, and still no reports of anyone on this board getting a Dual G5. What's happening here, any updates for anyone?

I spoke with someone @ Apple regarding my education purchase, and the sales person said that mine would ship between the 15th and the 22nd. We'll see.

On the bright side, I was able to convince them to refund the $80 difference between the new price of the 20" Cinema Display and the price when I purchased it--3 MONTHS AGO ($1170 vs. $1250).

Please, someone hit me with good news.

Ethan

wdlove
Sep 15, 2003, 01:43 PM
I was at my local Apple Store on Saturday. They were expecting the Dual G5 to begin shipping this week!

RandomDeadHead
Sep 15, 2003, 03:21 PM
Apple will ship them when they are damn well ready to be shiped.

All good things in all good time.

Waluigi
Sep 15, 2003, 03:35 PM
Mine is still shipping in 10 days, even though they charged me a week or two ago! As far as good news goes.....YOUR GETTING A G5, what more can you ask for?

-Waluigi

strangelogic
Sep 15, 2003, 04:14 PM
I'm just a little surprised that all of the 'rumor' sites don't have any rumors about what is causing the delay. It seems a non-event. Perhaps whatever caused the delay is old news?

Yet there are many people advocating a 'G5 Powerbook' --- they can't even get the desktop version out the door... I'm sure they will sell a G5 powerbook - in 12-15 months... (oops - I find a thread without a PB reference and soil it with one of my own!)