PDA

View Full Version : BT Mouse and Keyboard

MacMaelstrom
Sep 16, 2003, 06:40 AM
Well, BT Mice and Keyboards are outta tha bag. Only they're not an option yet for ordering new macs. So do we have to get a new Mac with wired keyboard, then pick a bluetooth one up extra? or is this to be an option?

AngryAngel
Sep 16, 2003, 07:09 AM
They seem to be an add-on accessory. You cannot substitute- so you end up paying for both wired and BT. But it's not so bad as I'd like to have a wired back-up for when the batteries go flat.

I can't see the point of a cordless keyboard, and I like two buttons + scroll wheel on my mice now.

Bear
Sep 16, 2003, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by AngryAngel
They seem to be an add-on accessory. You cannot substitute- so you end up paying for both wired and BT. But it's not so bad as I'd like to have a wired back-up for when the batteries go flat.

I can't see the point of a cordless keyboard, and I like two buttons + scroll wheel on my mice now.
The wireless keyboard makes sense for a laptop so you don't have to keep plugging it in.

On the mouse side, I agree with the 2 buttons w/scroll wheel.

tiny
Sep 16, 2003, 10:34 AM
When I ordered my G5 dual I asked about wireless kb/mouse options. They didn't know anything about what Apple was going to offer. I ordered the logitech combo. What I didn't realize at the time was that bluetooth gets built in to the motherboard... I don't like the idea of an external add-on... Now I wish I had ordered the BT module and waited for the KB/mouse to come out. I'm not too keen on the looks of the logitech stuff or the size of the mouse: too big), but it works well. My G5 is due OOB 10-22, ordered 8-10.

Kwyjibo
Sep 16, 2003, 11:19 AM
these options are very tempting for my bluetooth enfused 12" powerbook. I already have an ext KB but its wired....a wireless one would be much cooler but since i'm in college i don't exactly have the cash yet.

wdlove
Sep 16, 2003, 11:37 AM
I am looking forward to having the wireles keyboard, won't miss the wire at all. A battery charger will take care of the problem with battery life.

It seemed that when I checked the Apple store on ordering a G5, all that you would pay if the $69 for the keyboard. So it sounds like the G5 is Bluetoothe ready!

srobert
Sep 16, 2003, 01:18 PM
Anyone know waht that white piece of plastic is on the keyboard?

http://homepage.mac.com/srobert/.Pictures/keyboardright.jpg

Looks odd to me.

krhodus
Sep 16, 2003, 02:46 PM
The piece of plastic is on the keyboard is on the current emac keyboard. It seems to have no use, but I could be wrong.