PDA

View Full Version : ipod nano newbie

karamia
Nov 9, 2007, 01:49 PM
Hello all: I would love some help as I have just bought a nano and cannot seem to get going with it. I plugged it in to charge, which went fine. Then i went to itunes and downloaded that (so i thought). When i went to click on the itunes icon, i got a prompt that stated "please check your windows installer package...a dll required for this install to complete could not be run."

does this mean i cannot use itunes with windows 98? i did not get any disk with this nano. so i didn't think i needed any extra software to use it. am i supposed to first install a new operating system? Thank you, in advance, for any help...

kara

Tom B.
Nov 9, 2007, 01:59 PM
http://aycu19.webshots.com/image/33938/2002423627824346958_rs.jpg

There's your problem :(

http://www.apple.com/ipodnano/specs.html

karamia
Nov 9, 2007, 02:09 PM
thank you, Tom. i suspected as much. its not as though i didnt check before purchasing but a few people had told me that they had nanos and had successfully used it with win98 so i went ahead and got one. even the sales guy told me he had win98 and it was fine to use. well i hope its not too late to get winxp....thanks again, tom

iTeen
Nov 9, 2007, 02:11 PM
thank you, Tom. i suspected as much. its not as though i didnt check before purchasing but a few people had told me that they had nanos and had successfully used it with win98 so i went ahead and got one. even the sales guy told me he had win98 and it was fine to use. well i hope its not too late to get winxp....thanks again, tom:apple:Get a Mac.:apple:
your life will be so easy if you do.

Stampyhead
Nov 9, 2007, 02:28 PM
You're still using Windows 98?! :eek:

Welcome to 2007! Time for an upgrade I think...

Just kidding mate, just didn't realize people were still using Windows 98...

CarlsonCustoms
Nov 9, 2007, 05:29 PM
We still use Win98 at work on old 486 machines.. its pathetic.. but they are only for warehouse programs so they work fine for that.

but new nano and win98? get with the times man!

karamia
Nov 12, 2007, 10:14 AM
okay: so i installed winxp and d/led itunes. then i set up my playlists...but then, when i went to actually listen to my ipod.....NOTHING HAPPENED!!!:confused:

now, what the heck is wrong........? the ipod is showing my playlist fine but it isnt playing it.....yikes i checked volume setting.....its fine.....any ideas??:(