PDA

View Full Version : REALLY dense iTunes question

eclipse
Nov 9, 2007, 08:25 PM
Hi all,
I'm embarrassed to ask but... how do I quickly get the original URL of an iTunes podcast I found cool, so I can refer to it in my blog? There simply must be some quick click thingemiewhatsit for this.

:o:o

Sorry

chaos86
Nov 9, 2007, 09:21 PM
the (i) at the end of the description.

eclipse
Nov 9, 2007, 09:30 PM
That's interesting because Scientific American podcast "Science Talk" does this...

In this episode, TV essayist and radio host Mo Rocca talks about the science of comedy and vice versa; and journalist Corinna Wu reports on the annual meeting of the American Association for the Advancement of Science. Plus we'll test your knowledge about some recent science in the news. Websites mentioned on this episode include www.sirius.com; www.aaas.org; www.tinyurl.com/33x2ww

No ref to the actual podcast episode url though. Is the "i" a voluntary thing for subscribers to choose to put up?

eclipse
Nov 9, 2007, 09:31 PM
Ahah! Just noticed another podcast I get with the url under the heading... thanks. Might be a SCIAM idiosyncrasy. Thanks for the help.

chaos86
Nov 9, 2007, 09:32 PM
for me (itunes 7.4.2) it shows the title, then URL in a grey area at the top of the mini-window, then the full description written by the publisher.

chaos86
Nov 9, 2007, 09:32 PM
oh, use the (i) on the podcast itself, not on an epsiode.

Cameront9
Nov 9, 2007, 10:48 PM
If you want to link to the podcast in iTunes (i.E. have iTunes open when you click on it), you can just drag the podcast from the iTMS to your text/html editor and it should paste the link.

eclipse
Nov 9, 2007, 11:29 PM
Ohhohhhohhh.... sounds like what I want.

What exactly do you mean by iTMS... because I'm trying to drag this podcast from the iTunes window out to various text editors and NeoOffice and even stickies, and the url just isn't appearing.

Cameront9
Nov 9, 2007, 11:54 PM
Ohhohhhohhh.... sounds like what I want.

What exactly do you mean by iTMS... because I'm trying to drag this podcast from the iTunes window out to various text editors and NeoOffice and even stickies, and the url just isn't appearing.

iTMS==iTunes Store (Sorry, used to typing "Music" store!). If the podcast is on your computer obviosuly it won't link. Just find the podcast in the iTunes store.

I just tested this in text edit...drag the link from iTunes to the textedit window and it automatically creates a hyperlink.

Another way (easier, should have thought of this first): Right click on the podcast in the iTunes store and it will say "copy iTunes Store URL" You can select this to copy the URL and paste into whatever.

eclipse
Nov 10, 2007, 12:12 AM
Cheers... good stuff, easy peasy... I knew it was a :o:o:o:p sort of question. Few!