PDA

View Full Version : Apple's repair warranty on G4's

PieMac
Sep 16, 2003, 05:10 PM
I have a dual 1.25 on order to ship by the end of the month. I am curious...if all else fails with the local authorized repair service, does Apple not provide the option to ship the computer directly to them for repair? I realize that the G4 would be more of an expense to ship than a laptop, but I would think, at least as a last resort, that they would do this as part of the warranty service...especially if you've spent the extra money for Applecare.

Where I live we have an AIS store which is an Apple authorized repair facility, but I can tell you right now (for various reasons), they would be the last place I would want to take my G4 if it were ever in need of repair (keeping my fingers crossed here) and the closest Apple Store is 4 and a half hours away. What would the options be? Or do we have any as consumers?
:rolleyes:

TEG
Sep 16, 2003, 05:55 PM
You call AppleCare and they will direct you to a local store for repair. Also, the new version of AppleCare has an option for in home repair. If you indicate that you have had bad relations with a local Apple authorized store, and they can't come to fix it, they will pay for it to shipped to their facility in Texas.

TEG