Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Apr 12, 2001
iPhone 1.1.2 Firmware Officially Released in U.S.

Despite the download for iPhone 1.1.2 being available since Friday, Apple has just now pushed the update to iTunes, allowing users to upgrade their iPhones to the latest update without having to download the upgrade manually.

As noted before, the major updates in the iPhone 1.1.2 update include:

- TIFF Exploit patched (JailBreakMe.com no longer works).
- International keyboards
- Custom Ringtone section, iToner continues to work.

The UK/German iPhones launched on Friday and shipped with version 1.1.2 of the iPhone firmware.

Article Link

thevofl

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2006
Cool Beans

I tried to install it before but it didn't work for me. If there is one thing apple has taught me is not to piss them off by doing something not sanctioned by apple.

motorazr

macrumors 6502
1.1.2 issues....

Ok...I had sooooo many problems with 1.1.1, and I'm glad to see many of them fixed. There is one issue that is really bugging me with 1.1.2, though. My camera no longer woks. I get a message " There is not enough room to take additional pictures. Please delete some existing photos."

1. I have 3.3GB free
2. I have taken 6 pictures

In 1.1.1 I had a similar issue, but this was with the iTunes store telling me I didn't have enough space. I guess that saved me about $10, but I use my camera daily. Anyone else???

Thanks

Telp

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2007
Ok...I had sooooo many problems with 1.1.1, and I'm glad to see many of them fixed. There is one issue that is really bugging me with 1.1.2, though. My camera no longer woks. I get a message " There is not enough room to take additional pictures. Please delete some existing photos."

1. I have 3.3GB free
2. I have taken 6 pictures

In 1.1.1 I had a similar issue, but this was with the iTunes store telling me I didn't have enough space. I guess that saved me about $10, but I use my camera daily. Anyone else???

Thanks

Restore?

another perfect update

since apple can do no wrong, clearly breaking jailbreak was the way to go. those darn pesky 3rd party dev people trying to make a dime (or contribute to the global iphone community for free) off apple's amazing (and the world's greatest) phone. itoner was left obviously left unbroken since SJ, while appeasing the shareholders and record companies wants to appear tough on profits for apple and the music industry, secretly has nothing but beatles for his ringtones. another example of apple's perfection.

queshy

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2005
No reason for me to download this onto my iPod touch. I've already jail broken it, and I have the editable calendar...sorry apple!

JQW

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2006
New firmware for the 5G iPod too - version 1.2.2. There's no indication as to what it fixes other than 'bug fixes'.

It's rare for Apple to release new firmware for older iPods; previous fixes have mainly been whenever there's been a change to the iTunes DRM mechanism. Could the iTunes store be releasing some new type of content tomorrow?

mac-convert

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 2, 2006
Are we there yet?
:mad:This is a sorry firmware update... doesn't add much

That really depends on your perspective and expectations. There are many of us that have really been waiting on this. Also, keep in mind that it's only a maintenance release. You'll have to wait for 1.2 for significant functionality changes.

genshi

macrumors 6502a
After updating with this official iTunes pushed version on my unhacked iPhone, my Apple Bluetooth headset no longer shows up on my iPhone when charging using the dual dock. Even after restarting/ redocking both. Anyone else having this issue?

gr8tfly

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2006
~119W 34N
New firmware for the 5G iPod too - version 1.2.2. There's no indication as to what it fixes other than 'bug fixes'.

It's rare for Apple to release new firmware for older iPods; previous fixes have mainly been whenever there's been a change to the iTunes DRM mechanism. Could the iTunes store be releasing some new type of content tomorrow?

Probably support for ABR encoding.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.