PDA

View Full Version : Ipod Touch charging issues without computer

pariscarbon
Nov 14, 2007, 02:42 AM
My Ipod touch doesn't seem to charge unless plugged in to the computer.

I have bought a USB ipod charging cable that connects to an external USB charging power adaptor. Somehow it refuses to charge even with the original cable.

Anyone has similiar experience or have any insights to my nagging problem?

Thanks in advance

Phil A.
Nov 14, 2007, 03:30 AM

I have bought a USB ipod charging cable that connects to an external USB charging power adaptor. Somehow it refuses to charge even with the original cable.

Anyone has similiar experience or have any insights to my nagging problem?

Thanks in advance

What charger are you using? I charge my touch every night by plugging it into an Apple USB charger and using an old dock cable I had spare

dcv
Nov 14, 2007, 04:01 AM
...an external USB charging power adaptor...

Is it an Apple one or a third party product? Should work fine with any Apple iPod power adapter; you don't have to charge it via a Mac or PC. I use the FireWire cable & power adapter I got with an older iPod to charge mine.

pariscarbon
Nov 14, 2007, 11:12 AM
Is it an Apple one or a third party product? Should work fine with any Apple iPod power adapter; you don't have to charge it via a Mac or PC. I use the FireWire cable & power adapter I got with an older iPod to charge mine.

I'm using a 3rd party USB power adaptor. I uses it to charge all my handphones and other devices.

Am i the only one facing this problem?

MacNewbie03
Nov 14, 2007, 01:19 PM
Perhaps the touch doesn't like the 3rd party charger. I use an Apple USB charger I bought when I got my 1st gen nano.

KerryC
Nov 14, 2007, 05:32 PM

You need an Apple power adapter, not a third party one. A friend has the 80gb iPod Classic, which won't charge with her 3rd party USB power adapter that works with her 2nd gen nano, so she had to buy an Apple USB power adapter. (another example (along with video cables and docks) that Apple are tightening control over the accessories market.)

Kerry

tennez
Nov 14, 2007, 06:21 PM
i bought a third party charter in ebay and it doesn't work with mine touch, so be aware of this problem.