PDA

View Full Version : Calling all iPod collectors...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

MattyMac
Nov 14, 2007, 07:51 PM
As many of you probably are, I too am an iPod collector. It's hard to explain the feeling of getting a new iPod, eventhough you know there's no need for it:rolleyes:

...my iPhone is pretty much the only thing that gets use nowadays, but I still find myself trying to find a way to get the next one :D

Here's a thread to that you can creatively show your precious collection. I for one have my collection displayed as such...

CRAZYBUBBA
Nov 14, 2007, 08:09 PM
Those little stands are so cute, where did you buy them?

jarenado
Nov 14, 2007, 08:56 PM
so that is really cool, i am an aspiring ipod collector. Basically I just dont have the cash yet to buy a bunch of different ones. The only one you really need to work on is the original ipod. My buddy picked one up on ebay for about sixty bucks, the click wheel physically turns, its nuts!

taylorwilsdon
Nov 14, 2007, 09:01 PM
so that is really cool, i am an aspiring ipod collector. Basically I just dont have the cash yet to buy a bunch of different ones. The only one you really need to work on is the original ipod. My buddy picked one up on ebay for about sixty bucks, the click wheel physically turns, its nuts!

He has one its sealed in the box I believe.

MattyMac
Nov 14, 2007, 09:28 PM
Those little stands are so cute, where did you buy them?

ebayyyyyy!

Take a closer look at the pic ;)

greg555
Nov 14, 2007, 10:32 PM
Man you need to get some color in your collection! :)

There are people who collect every color of the Maglite flashlights (http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showpost.php?p=1797653&postcount=23). So there probably are people who have every color of iPod mini, shuffle and nano. And if there aren't, someone should start a collection right now :)

Cheers - Greg

IDANNY
Nov 15, 2007, 04:34 AM

I dont remember an ipod were the click wheel actual turned. Anyone have any pics? closer up, thats a cool collection.

MattyMac
Nov 15, 2007, 05:27 AM

There are people who collect every color of the Maglite flashlights (http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showpost.php?p=1797653&postcount=23). So there probably are people who have every color of iPod mini, shuffle and nano. And if there aren't, someone should start a collection right now :)

Cheers - Greg

The maglite collection is insane...haha very cool! I stick with the standard white or silver, the most original apple colors. I think adding color to my collection at this point would look a bit tacky.

I dont remember an ipod were the click wheel actual turned. Anyone have any pics? closer up, thats a cool collection.

Yeah the 1st generation which debuted October 23, 2001 had this innovative wheel which was replaced in 2002 with the even more innovative touch wheel.

dcv
Nov 15, 2007, 05:34 AM
I stick with the standard white or silver, the most original apple colors. I think adding color to my collection at this point would look a bit tacky.

I like that you're only collecting the white/silver models. Nice collection.

So what is in the box, is that a 1st or 2nd gen model? (I remember the physical scroll-wheel ones but I never saw the packaging they came in!)

Stampyhead
Nov 15, 2007, 08:42 AM
That's a pretty sweet collection. Looks like you still need a 2G silver Nano. You should grab a refurb from Apple's website while they're still $79.

MattyMac
Nov 15, 2007, 05:26 PM
I like that you're only collecting the white/silver models. Nice collection.

So what is in the box, is that a 1st or 2nd gen model? (I remember the physical scroll-wheel ones but I never saw the packaging they came in!)

Thanks!

Its a 1st Gen model. From the box, you can tell by the font of "iPod." No other iPod had that same font.

That's a pretty sweet collection. Looks like you still need a 2G silver Nano. You should grab a refurb from Apple's website while they're still $79.

Thanks to you too! I plan on buying the 2G iPod from the refurb store. That's my next purchase. Just haven't gotten around to purchasing it yet. Maybe tonight...:D

MattyMac
Nov 17, 2007, 11:46 AM
Am I seriously the only collector? I wanted to see some pics...even if you only have 1. I'm sure you display it proudly.

gkarris
Nov 17, 2007, 12:02 PM
Am I seriously the only collector? I wanted to see some pics...even if you only have 1. I'm sure you display it proudly.

Okay, I'll try to get you a pic - I only have 1 as I'm more of an old school "Apple Computer" collector....

I guess I can throw in my current iPods...

Tom B.
Nov 17, 2007, 12:12 PM
I have a fair few:

iPod 5th generation - 30GB (black)
iPod mini 2nd generation - 6GB (blue)
iPod nano 1st generation - 4GB (black)
iPod nano 2nd generation - 8GB (black)
iPod nano 3rd generation - 8GB (black)
iPod shuffle 1st generation - 1GB (white)
iPod shuffle 2nd generation - 1GB (green)

A third generation iPod, and an iPod touch/iPhone are on my wanted list. :D

MattyMac
Nov 17, 2007, 01:26 PM
Okay, I'll try to get you a pic - I only have 1 as I'm more of an old school "Apple Computer" collector....

I guess I can throw in my current iPods...
sweet

I have a fair few:

iPod 5th generation - 30GB (black)
iPod mini 2nd generation - 6GB (blue)
iPod nano 1st generation - 4GB (black)
iPod nano 2nd generation - 8GB (black)
iPod nano 3rd generation - 8GB (black)
iPod shuffle 1st generation - 1GB (white)
iPod shuffle 2nd generation - 1GB (green)

OK...where's the picture...;)

kwood
Nov 17, 2007, 04:09 PM
As many of you probably are, I too am an iPod collector. It's hard to explain the feeling of getting a new iPod, eventhough you know there's no need for it:rolleyes:

...my iPhone is pretty much the only thing that gets use nowadays, but I still find myself trying to find a way to get the next one :D

Here's a thread to that you can creatively show your precious collection. I for one have my collection displayed as such...

Weird... we have exactly the same collection....:eek::eek::eek::eek: .

http://att.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=91352&d=1195091486

Ok kidding, I don't collect iPods, but you wanted a picture.

Kamera RAWr
Nov 17, 2007, 04:18 PM
I've had quite a few iPods over the past years. Funny though, all I have now is an iPhone. I seem to keep selling iPods as I buy newer ones. I don't really need the money or anything, just sometimes someone wants to buy an iPod and can't afford to buy a new one or just doesn't want/need a brand new one... so I sell them my old one :)

P.S. A 1G iPod would be sweet to have though ;)

joemama2413
Nov 17, 2007, 04:51 PM
2nd Gen 10gb
3rd Gen 15gb
4th Gen 20gb
Nano 1st gen 8 gb
5th Gen 30gb
5.5 Gen 30gb
iPhone 8gb

btw the new ipods are the ugliest things ever.

MattyMac
Nov 17, 2007, 07:40 PM
Weird... we have exactly the same collection....:eek::eek::eek::eek: .

http://att.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=91352&d=1195091486

Ok kidding, I don't collect iPods, but you wanted a picture.

Word...that's crazy. What are the chances?!

I've had quite a few iPods over the past years. Funny though, all I have now is an iPhone. I seem to keep selling iPods as I buy newer ones. I don't really need the money or anything, just sometimes someone wants to buy an iPod and can't afford to buy a new one or just doesn't want/need a brand new one... so I sell them my old one :)

P.S. A 1G iPod would be sweet to have though ;)

Yeah the iPhone is the only one I use...but I definitely enjoy my collection!

xxstatic
Nov 18, 2007, 04:11 AM
I'll have to take a picture but I have a couple iPods........:p

MattyMac
Nov 18, 2007, 10:29 AM
I'll have to take a picture but I have a couple iPods........:p

wow! That is alot! You have three 3G ipods??? insane!

kuebby
Nov 18, 2007, 04:08 PM
I can't say I'm a collector but I do stay up-to-date on the iPods so I've had quite a few. After getting to use a 1G iPod in 2003(?) I knew I wanted an iPod. Here's what I've had over the years:

10GB 3G (HD failed after 1 year, replaced by Apple)
10GB 3G (HD failed after 3 months, out of warranty)
60GB photo (sold to buy 5G)
60GB 5G (sold due to non-use)
4GB 1G nano (lost)
30GB 5G (current, owned 15 months)
2GB 1G nano (current, owned 3 months)
16GB touch (returned due to being too expensive for me at the time)
8GB touch (couldn't resist it's allure, got a great deal, current, owned 1 month)

psychofreak
Nov 18, 2007, 04:21 PM
I wish I could call myself a collector, but I don't have the cash to upgrade from my 3G 15GB...

Stampyhead
Nov 18, 2007, 04:25 PM
I tried starting a collection at one point, but I ended up giving the iPods away to friends and family members who couldn't afford to buy them. Maybe someday I'll give it a try again.

TimJim
Nov 18, 2007, 04:27 PM
Nice collection.

xxstatic
Nov 18, 2007, 05:53 PM
wow! That is alot! You have three 3G ipods??? insane!

I tried to get them altogether today but I left my shuffle @ work and my daughter snagged my 2nd gen and took off this morning...

But here is what I have at home today...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/xxstatic/DSC01244.jpg

MattyMac
Nov 19, 2007, 05:39 PM
I tried to get them altogether today but I left my shuffle @ work and my daughter snagged my 2nd gen and took off this morning...

But here is what I have at home today...

Nice! Thanks for posting. What's up with the mini? It looks broken or disassembled on the bottom.

xxstatic
Nov 19, 2007, 11:42 PM
Nice! Thanks for posting. What's up with the mini? It looks broken or disassembled on the bottom.

I have it partially disassembled, it has been playing fine but for some strange reason the text will start to fade as I use it.:confused:
I have never seen this before so I took it apart and plan on swapping in a new battery and possibly a new lcd. I just have to get on the stick and order the parts.:)

SXR
Nov 20, 2007, 04:55 AM
Very nice collection indeed. I see you got the new Nano , did you ever play with that or just got it out of the box and put in on that stand? :)

rdowns
Nov 20, 2007, 05:01 AM
Anyone have one like this in their collection?

SXR
Nov 20, 2007, 05:28 AM
Wow , thats great. Very big , 1000 songs in your pocket. are that diamonds?

MattyMac
Nov 20, 2007, 07:47 PM
Very nice collection indeed. I see you got the new Nano , did you ever play with that or just got it out of the box and put in on that stand? :)
I did play with the new nano...only for a day though.

Is that made of cans...my company just competed in a CANstruction competition for charity. Looks like it could have been an entry.

rdowns
Nov 21, 2007, 05:53 PM
Is that made of cans...my company just competed in a CANstruction competition for charity. Looks like it could have been an entry.

It is. It was from the Long Island, NY competition. Sorry, can't find link.

MattyMac
Nov 21, 2007, 06:00 PM
It is. It was from the Long Island, NY competition. Sorry, can't find link.
Nice...I work in NY (Manhattan) and my company was involved. Unfortunately I didn't have time to participate...so I'm not exactly sure where it was held. I did see pics though and it looked like an awesome event!

On another note. I just received my 2GB 2G refurb silver nano today! When I get around to it I'll have to update my collection picture.

Where is everyone elses picture?!?!?!

Eric Lewis
Nov 21, 2007, 06:25 PM
where did u get those docks? i want some

MattyMac
Nov 21, 2007, 08:35 PM
where did u get those docks? i want some

Yeah they are awesome. The nanos fit perfectly in them because they are so slim. As for the bigger iPods, it just so happens that the prong part of the stand fits perfectly in the dock connector...exactly the right width and length! They must have been secretly made for iPods:)

Eric...also post a pic of your 13 iPods. It would be nice to see!

thejadedmonkey
Nov 24, 2007, 07:49 AM
If you wanna buy my used one off of me in a few weeks, let me know (PM) and we can talk. iPod, dock, and USB/Firewire cable... and good battery.

I have it partially disassembled, it has been playing fine but for some strange reason the text will start to fade as I use it.:confused:
I have never seen this before so I took it apart and plan on swapping in a new battery and possibly a new lcd. I just have to get on the stick and order the parts.:)

That happened to my friends mini too... but he was lazy and just got a new classic :p

TheSpaz
Nov 24, 2007, 11:23 AM
Here's my lineup:

10GB iPod 3rd Gen
1GB iPod Nano
30GB iPod 5th Gen (Black)
16GB iPod touch

My Mom has an iPod shuffle 1st Gen
My Brother has a 1GB Nano
My Dad uses both my 1GB Nano and my 10GB 3rd Gen (since I don't use them)

I use the 30GB 5th Gen for video only and the 16GB iPod touch for music and wifi stuff.

NC MacGuy
Nov 24, 2007, 12:14 PM
Three others MIA:

MattyMac
Nov 24, 2007, 03:26 PM
Three others MIA:

Very nice! You must love the new shuffle! Is that 3G nano modified with a black click wheel?

Everyone else follow in NC MacGuy's footsteps and post a pic!

kuebby
Nov 24, 2007, 08:21 PM
Very nice! You must love the new shuffle! Is that 3G nano modified with a black click wheel?

I think that's the regular click wheel but it looks off-colored because of the light.

MattyMac
Nov 24, 2007, 08:29 PM
I think that's the regular click wheel but it looks off-colored because of the light.

Ahh...ok it must be a black nano (standard with the black click wheel). I thought it was a silver nano with a black click wheel.

aquajet
Nov 24, 2007, 08:46 PM
I still have my 3G 20gb with the original box and accessories. It's on its third battery now. That's my only iPod however. :o

I would really like to find a nice 1G though.

Tom B.
Nov 25, 2007, 05:17 PM
http://aycu37.webshots.com/image/34356/2005309844537935854_rs.jpghttp://aycu40.webshots.com/image/35239/2005313238646427444_rs.jpghttp://aycu13.webshots.com/image/35932/2005306993431526112_rs.jpg

And here's my second favourite collection:
http://aycu28.webshots.com/image/36707/2005349442414465932_rs.jpg

:D

smwatson
Nov 25, 2007, 06:26 PM
Just the one 3G for me... Used almost every day for 3 years and still going strong... awesome stuff!

My favourite iPod design.. love the red backlit touch buttons :p

caj
Nov 25, 2007, 06:43 PM
the only iPods I have ever owned were a

1G 5gb physical wheel

and

16 iPod Touch :cool:

MattyMac
Nov 25, 2007, 08:47 PM
I still have my 3G 20gb with the original box and accessories. It's on its third battery now. That's my only iPod however. :o

I would really like to find a nice 1G though.

I think every apple fan should own a 1G. That spinning wheel amazes everyone!

http://aycu37.webshots.com/image/34356/2005309844537935854_rs.jpghttp://aycu40.webshots.com/image/35239/2005313238646427444_rs.jpghttp://aycu13.webshots.com/image/35932/2005306993431526112_rs.jpg

And here's my second favourite collection:
http://aycu28.webshots.com/image/36707/2005349442414465932_rs.jpg

:D

Thanks Tom! Nice collection. The gameboy collection is nice too! I have the original around somewhere too...awesome!

Just the one 3G for me... Used almost every day for 3 years and still going strong... awesome stuff!

My favourite iPod design.. love the red backlit touch buttons :p

The 3G and 1G are the two most amazing and unique iPods. I'm sure they will be sought after in the future.

the only iPods I have ever owned were a

1G 5gb physical wheel

and

16 iPod Touch :cool:

Thats a pretty drastic update! Any comparison pics?!?!

XxCH3AT3RxX
Nov 25, 2007, 09:27 PM
Man you guys are avid iPod collectors, haha.

I am getting a iPod Classic 80GB on Christmas. Will be my first iPod I have ever owned and I am hoping it will serve me well for years to come.

greg555
Nov 25, 2007, 10:48 PM

I am getting a iPod Classic 80GB on Christmas. Will be my first iPod I have ever owned and I am hoping it will serve me well for years to come.

I'm still on my first iPod (a 2nd gen mini) though I've order a 16GB CF card from newegg to upgrade it to 16GB. That should keep me going for another year or two :)

Greg

MattyMac
Nov 26, 2007, 06:27 PM

You'll be collecting soon enough ;)

I'm still on my first iPod (a 2nd gen mini) though I've order a 16GB CF card from newegg to upgrade it to 16GB. That should keep me going for another year or two :)

Greg

I wish I had the same will-power as you! With all of those beautiful new iPods out, you're still satisfied with what you have...that is awesome!

lucifix
Nov 27, 2007, 07:48 AM
Mat,

I am surprised you are still hanging on to the first gen iPod.
I do remember offering you a price for the iPod previously that was too low, but I finally managed to grab hold onto one of these. The thing is, I noticed that our iPod's packaging are different, care to explain why?

So many models are out there that it confuses me.
Pardon the heavy watermarking on the pictures, I have to prevent it from being stolen by scammers.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1277/1326864786_fdb1592443_o.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1032/1325970729_378c6fcee4_o.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1090/1326869624_8abeb4a637_o.jpg

Gerald

Tom B.
Nov 27, 2007, 01:21 PM
I noticed that our iPod's packaging are different, care to explain why?

His is a first generation iPod, and your is a second generation iPod.

This picture (not mine) shows all the (pre-2006) iPod boxes:
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/63/164505248_bb8f116b16_o.jpg

iLounge has an great article detailing the history of the first 3 generations of iPods here (http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/articles/comments/instant-expert-a-brief-history-of-ipod/).

SpookTheHamster
Nov 27, 2007, 01:33 PM
I absolutely love the 1G iPods, I wish there was a way to get a 5G inside a 1G.

I've had a few iPods, but always sold them as I've gone on.

My first was a 3G 15GB which got squashed, then I moved on to a 4G U2 iPod, and now I have a 5G 30GB and an iPhone.

Out of all of them, I think my favourite was the 3G. I liked the colour of the U2 iPod, but I never liked the back of it.

MattyMac
Nov 27, 2007, 07:03 PM
Matt,

I do remember offering you a price for the iPod previously that was too low, but I finally managed to grab hold onto one of these. The thing is, I noticed that our iPod's packaging are different, care to explain why?

Pardon the heavy watermarking on the pictures, I have to prevent it from being stolen by scammers.

Gerald

Gerald,

I don't want to burst your bubble, but yours is actually part of the second generation of iPods.

I did have that same iPod about a year ago sealed just like yours but ended up selling it then. I didn't know at first why the package was different either until a bit of research and help from my friends here on MR. You may have actually offered me something for that one back then. Dont get me wrong, it's still worth a pretty penny but isn't the ideal one for a collector (IMO). The one I have now, I've never offered up for sale. I will hang onto it for a good while. I've also had another 1G iPod one in mint condition, but with no packaging and recently sold it to springlakebob. Now I'm on the hunt for another one with no packaging so I can actually play with it!

A bit of an explanation:
When the second generation iPods came out in 2002, with the touch wheel, apple kept the 5GB scroll wheel iPod around, but put it in second generation packaging. Essentially its the same iPod, but a few things are different:

The first generation box doesn't say the storage capacity on it because there was only 1 iPod out at the time of the original, and it wasn't necessary. The same goes for the back of the physical iPod.

Also, the font is different both on the box and on the iPod itself. The first generation iPod font was a different type than the iPod's now and also yours. (sorry I don't know the name of the iPod font...) You can see by comparing my picture and yours.

One more thing, the first generation was never made for windows only for mac. The second generation of iPods came out with a choice between the two.

I hope I helped. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

lucifix
Nov 28, 2007, 08:42 AM
Hi Matt,

Thanks for the info. Do you mean you have an actual SEALED first gen iPod with you right now? That is cool if you did.

One thing I am still unsure of, is that I thought that instead of being gen 1, this iPod is gen 1.1, reason being that,

when the first ipod was introduced, it was gen 1, and also mac only.
then came along another ipod, same model same looks, same physical spedifications, but was windows compatible.

then came the second gen ipods that had the electronic scroll wheel, the one that does not move. I have read up so much on it and some websites seem to differentiate the generations by the physical scroll wheel.

there might be some ambiguity in the generation naming, but the one I have right now with me is definitely the second model of ipods introduced, and may or may not be the first generation of ipods.

by the way, i hope you don't mind me asking you but could you email me at geraldino DOT 10 AT gmail DOT com, the price that your ipod (the one in the picture) sold for?

Thanks for the help :)

Gerald

MattyMac
Nov 28, 2007, 11:14 AM
Check out the link above...posted by Tom B. It clears things up pretty well.

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the info. Do you mean you have an actual SEALED first gen iPod with you right now? That is cool if you did.

One thing I am still unsure of, is that I thought that instead of being gen 1, this iPod is gen 1.1, reason being that,

then came along another ipod, same model same looks, same physical spedifications, but was windows compatible.

then came the second gen ipods that had the electronic scroll wheel, the one that does not move. I have read up so much on it and some websites seem to differentiate the generations by the physical scroll wheel.

there might be some ambiguity in the generation naming, but the one I have right now with me is definitely the second model of ipods introduced, and may or may not be the first generation of ipods.

by the way, i hope you don't mind me asking you but could you email me at geraldino DOT 10 AT gmail DOT com, the price that your ipod (the one in the picture) sold for?

Gerald

MattyMac
Nov 28, 2007, 11:16 AM
Check out the link above...posted by Tom B. It clears things up pretty well.
Hi Matt,

Gerald

gkarris
Nov 28, 2007, 11:22 AM
Mat,

Gerald

Yours may actually be a second generation (or 1.1 generation) Windows one - hence the different package (says "Windows" on it).

Still need to get a pic of mine up...

gkarris
Nov 28, 2007, 11:29 PM
I have an old 3rd Gen 10Gig and a 5th Gen 60 Gig, but this one is my collectible one.

5Gig 1.1 Gen for Windows. I bought it on eBay back when the 3rd Gens were out. I thought I'd just buy an older one, but complete in box.

The couple that had this one won it in a contest. They had a Windows machine and thought they can use it, but found out you need FireWire. Back then, hardly any Windows PC's had FireWire, so it sat in the box. They decided to sell it, so they opened it up :mad: just to check it and posted it with "Buy It Now" for $125 shipped. :)

Good deal I thought. I got it, opened only the top part of the iPod's wrapper to hook it up to my iBook G3 at the time. It reformatted it for Mac and sync'ed.

Then, I thought, "you know, these might become collectible", put it back in the box, then bought a refurbished 3rd Gen 10Gig which just became available from Apple.

Everything is still unopened inside with the packaging/twist ties.

Good thing I did that... :p

NOTE: Had pics up but realized scammers may use them to post on eBay... will post after watermarking them...

Okay, here they are...

zirkle2007
Nov 28, 2007, 11:49 PM
Here's a picture of my small iPod collection. Really the Touch is all I use. I used to have the original black Nano, but it died and Apple took it back :(

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/5530/cimg1774ly4.th.jpg (http://img84.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cimg1774ly4.jpg)

Heh...after looking at them again. It was before DST switched that I even used the iPod or Nano...

greg555
Nov 29, 2007, 12:16 AM
I wish I had the same will-power as you! With all of those beautiful new iPods out, you're still satisfied with what you have...that is awesome!

Thanks. I have a limited budget for tech toys so I was holding out for 12 or 16GB before upgrading. And since Apple didn't deliver the size I wanted (in a nano) I decided to roll my own.

Cheers - Greg

MacDaddy.G5
Nov 29, 2007, 01:10 PM
Cool collection!...I will post my pictures of 2 shuffles and 1 iPod later tonight. All I ask is please don't laugh. ;)

davedecay
Nov 29, 2007, 10:21 PM
I don't collect, but I repair & sell to friends (and sometimes online).

Just got a 1st gen in the mail today, has the typical scratches but the screen is fine and it works. No box, sadly, but it did come with the AC charger & a white Apple FireWire cable.

I won't tell you how cheaply I got it. ;)

I need a logic board for a color "4th gen" (photo/color) if anyone has one of those to get rid of; not for me, but a friend's co-worker.

MacNewbie03
Nov 29, 2007, 11:37 PM
My "collection" is small, just a 16 GB Touch and a 1 gig White Nano. Since I got the Touch, I don't use the nano at all. I've got someone intrested in it but I was an idiot when I bought it and had it engraved with my name.:( Does anyone know how to get rid of the engraving in a way that will not destroy the back all together??

tangledweb16
Nov 30, 2007, 01:06 AM
Ok, over the past year and a half I've bought a lot of iPods (too many for my own good) and here they are in the order that I Bought them in.

Wow, bad sentence up there, but anyway.

iPod shuffle 2nd gen. silver (gave away)

iPod video 5.5 gen. 30Gb black (gave away)

iPod nano 2nd gen. 2GB silver

iPod nano 3rd gen. silver 4GB (gave away)

iPhone 4GB (stolen)

iPod nano 3rd gen. black 8GB

Well, there's my legacy.

eric55lv
Dec 1, 2007, 11:18 AM
these are the only ones i have:
iPod Nano 2G
iPod Nano 3G
Maybe for christmas iPod Touch 16gb

Dagless
Dec 1, 2007, 11:32 AM
I just have an 80gb 5.5G and a 2G Shuffle. Best of both right there :) high capacity against durability and "ease of use".

I've had a 3G and a Mini 2G. But sold them on. And a ROKR :D

A very nice collection you have too :)

GimmeSlack12
Dec 1, 2007, 11:37 AM
Hmm, no 1G 5gb iPod in there. I have one :D (no pics though).

MattyMac
Dec 1, 2007, 12:35 PM
Hmm, no 1G 5gb iPod in there. I have one :D (no pics though).

Nope the iPod is in there all sealed up with the other accesories. The original iPod box didn't come sealed in plastic. I could post pics if needed :D

Jecko024
Dec 1, 2007, 09:01 PM
My collection is ....

:apple: Touch 16GB
:apple: 5G 30GB
:apple: Photo 40GB
:apple: Shuffle 1GB
:apple: Nano 1G 2GB

SOLD:
:mad: 3G 40GB

and I must include...
:D Black Zune

May post a pic later .... if I don't forget to charge my battery

gkarris
Dec 3, 2007, 10:48 AM
I don't collect, but I repair & sell to friends (and sometimes online).

Just got a 1st gen in the mail today, has the typical scratches but the screen is fine and it works. No box, sadly, but it did come with the AC charger & a white Apple FireWire cable.

I won't tell you how cheaply I got it. ;)

I need a logic board for a color "4th gen" (photo/color) if anyone has one of those to get rid of; not for me, but a friend's co-worker.

My friend might still have his old 4th gen photo/color with a bad hard drive (it boots, but errors out after syncing a bunch of stuff).

PM me if interested...

teleromeo
Dec 3, 2007, 11:03 AM
just one and one sock

http://www.fotopauwels.be/intermactivity/ipod_sock.jpg

MattyMac
Dec 4, 2007, 06:14 PM
Very nice so far...however, there is no way I have the biggest current collection of iPods here. I remember reading about members with a whole bunch of iPods.

Keep the pics coming!

gkarris
Dec 8, 2007, 10:50 AM
One's for sale here...

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=398080

teflon
Dec 9, 2007, 07:10 PM
I'm an aspiring iPod collector I guess, only 3 so far :o. Wish I had the money to get every iPod that ever came out. Hopefully I can a 1G one before they're all gone.

MattyMac
Dec 9, 2007, 07:18 PM
One's for sale here...

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=398080

If you didn't notice...that's also mine :)

No, it's not the one pictured in this thread. I'm way too big of an iPod collector.

iCantwait
Dec 10, 2007, 06:18 AM
HAD,

20gb 4G
1G nano-white
(sold to buy new iPods, a regret after reading this thread)

HAVE,

10gb 1G (yes spinny wheel rocks)
2G Shuffle- original silver with old earbuds
16gb iPod touch (jailbroken, of-course, and smashed screen)

COMING,
8gb iPhone, to be unlocked onto Vodafone here in Australia
15days untill my iDay (xmas)

will photo collection when i get my iphone

but to pass the time, enjoy my stupidity

xUKHCx
Dec 10, 2007, 06:23 AM

How did you do that (seems like this is the first mention of it on MR)

iCantwait
Dec 10, 2007, 06:28 AM
How did you do that (seems like this is the first mention of it on MR)

it fell face first on to concrete!

MattyMac
Dec 10, 2007, 07:01 AM
Ouch that phota makes me cringe! That's an iPhone not the touch right? You said you smashed your touch's screen. I look forward to seeing your collection, don't worry about the 4g and 1g nano. If you wanted to start collecting, those are two ipod's that you can obtain relatively cheap.
HAD,

20gb 4G
1G nano-white
(sold to buy new iPods, a regret after reading this thread)

HAVE,

COMING,
8gb iPhone, to be unlocked onto Vodafone here in Australia
15days untill my iDay (xmas)

will photo collection when i get my iphone

but to pass the time, enjoy my stupidity

iCantwait
Dec 10, 2007, 07:46 AM
Ouch that phota makes me cringe! That's an iPhone not the touch right?
no thats my iPt, i get my iPhone for xmas (im not meant to know yet)

davedecay
Dec 10, 2007, 10:41 AM
At the present time I have, in working condition:

(3) 1st gen 5GB
(1) 2nd gen 20GB
(1) mini 4GB silver
(1) 5th gen 30GB white
(1) 1st gen nano 1GB black

plus a cigar box of parts. :eek:

MattyMac
Dec 10, 2007, 08:19 PM
no thats my iPt, i get my iPhone for xmas (im not meant to know yet)

For some reason I was thinking the bezel on the touch was all black.

iCantwait
Dec 10, 2007, 08:42 PM
For some reason I was thinking the bezel on the touch was all black.

it is

MattyMac
Dec 10, 2007, 09:07 PM
it is

I thought so, but in the pic for some reason, it looks brushed aluminum.

GSMiller
Dec 10, 2007, 10:38 PM
Here's my 5G 'Pod in her lovely black "pleather" dress ;)

I wouldn't mind havin' a new Nano and of course a Touch, but my wallet won't allow it.

Weezy F Baby
Dec 10, 2007, 10:44 PM

I wouldn't mind havin' a new Nano and of course a Touch, but my wallet won't allow it.

Haha! That's not really a collection. Everybody and their dog has one iPod!

MattyMac
Dec 11, 2007, 04:53 PM

Nice...but I can hardly enjoy the iPod picture with that HEAVY watermarking :rolleyes::)

GSMiller
Dec 11, 2007, 08:18 PM
Nice...but I can hardly enjoy the iPod picture with that HEAVY watermarking :rolleyes::)

I just don't want somebody passin' off my baby as their own :p

I'd hate to see it as a pic in an eBay posting.

iCantwait
Dec 12, 2007, 06:55 AM
also i will put in a pic of my dads 3G black nano, and brothers 4G 20gb (referb after the one i sold him broke)
all will be done when i get my iPhone

MattyMac
Dec 12, 2007, 07:21 PM
I just don't want somebody passin' off my baby as their own :p

I'd hate to see it as a pic in an eBay posting.

That is definitely understandable!

also i will put in a pic of my dads 3G black nano, and brothers 4G 20gb (referb after the one i sold him broke)
all will be done when i get my iPhone

Sounds like it will be a nice big iPod family picture!

iCantwait
Dec 13, 2007, 06:21 AM
Sounds like it will be a nice big iPod family picture!

yip, screw the humans, photo the fruit.

ok just got an idea, now officially copy-writing it, gonna put all iPods & iPhone into a bowl and photo a fruit bowl. :D ahh, the joys of modern art:p

yes i do actually expect it to be done before i do it

Tom B.
Dec 13, 2007, 02:05 PM
gonna put all iPods & iPhone into a bowl and photo a fruit bowl. :D ahh, the joys of modern art:p

yes i do actually expect it to be done before i do it

I don't think you can copyright putting Apples in a fruit bowl. ;)

davedecay
Dec 13, 2007, 11:41 PM
OK, snapped a few pix tonite.

Here are some of mine. The black video iPod is awaiting a new mobo.
The white video iPod in the Speck case has a black click wheel instead of gray because I like it better. The blue mini is really a silver one in a blue skin. And the 4 in the back are 3 1st gens, last one is 20gb 2nd gen.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/davedecay/fotos/8ipods.jpg

I'm not watermarking cuz I don't care if someone wants to steal it.

MattyMac
Dec 14, 2007, 11:51 PM
OK, snapped a few pix tonite.

Here are some of mine. The black video iPod is awaiting a new mobo.
The white video iPod in the Speck case has a black click wheel instead of gray because I like it better. The blue mini is really a silver one in a blue skin. And the 4 in the back are 3 1st gens, last one is 20gb 2nd gen.

I'm not watermarking cuz I don't care if someone wants to steal it.

Thanks...finally a very nice picture!

iCantwait
Dec 25, 2007, 06:36 AM
well i did it!!!!!!:D

MattyMac
Dec 25, 2007, 11:53 AM
well i did it!!!!!!:D

haha...Very Very Nice!

Merry Christmas!

student_trap
Dec 25, 2007, 07:23 PM
Hey guys, my collection is a little different: I am more specific, taking a keener interest in the third generation models, i mean i like all ipods, but have a particular love for the middle generation. I have to say that other than the shuffle and touch, i think the current generation is pretty ugly. Getting rid of the white i thought was a bad move, while the new nanos' clickwheels are far too close to the screen and just don't feel balanced (although i still plan to get one in the new year for their nike running benefits). Saying that though, full size and middle size ipods haven't been 'balanced' since the 4th gen ipods and ipod minis (both 1st and 2nd gen).

Anyway, my collection is:

3x 20gig 3G ipods
1x 20gig 4G ipod colour
1x 512meg 1G Shuffle
1x 1gig 2G Shuffle
1x 4gig 1G mini

As I said, a nano should be joining those fairly soon!

EDIT: Whoops forgot to add the photo...sorry its really bad quality, i took it on my phone!

iCantwait
Dec 26, 2007, 03:51 AM
swish, add an iPhone to that collection

Jecko024
Jan 15, 2008, 05:47 PM
My collection is ....

:apple: Touch 16GB
:apple: 5G 30GB
:apple: Photo 40GB
:apple: Shuffle 1GB
:apple: Nano 1G 2GB

SOLD:
:mad: 3G 40GB

and I must include...
:D Black Zune

May post a pic later .... if I don't forget to charge my battery

I have since added:

:apple: 2g Shuffle
:apple: And 2 more 5g Videos both black 30GB

Pizzer
Jan 15, 2008, 07:03 PM
The only ipod i'd want to own besides my current one is the very first ipod.. in box of course:)

MattyMac
Jan 19, 2008, 07:28 PM
The only ipod i'd want to own besides my current one is the very first ipod.. in box of course:)

Can't agree with you more...its a wonder.

displaced
Jan 19, 2008, 08:59 PM
Hehe. This thread inspired me to dig out my old 2G 20GB iPod and see if it worked.

Hooked up the Firewire cable (you kids today with yer fancy-schmancy 'dock' connectors!) - and yes, the FW port cover's still attached! It works fine still! Very strange to see a time-capsule of my music collection from 2005! I know some people end up getting lots of iPods through faults, repairs and replacements, but since getting my 2G iPod in 6 years ago, I'm still only on my 2nd (an iPod Colour with Clickwheel). That tells me it's time for an upgrade - 2G from 2002-2005 (3yrs), iPod Colour from 2005-2008 (also 3yrs!).

*opens iPod Touch page on apple.com and drools*

voyagerd
Mar 1, 2008, 02:56 AM
I still use my first generation 5gb ipod :(

LizKat
Mar 1, 2008, 08:08 AM

That is wild, thanks for posting it! Imagine if they made one from old rental fleet cars instead of cans... or from old taxis --> I could take a picture and finally have a yellow iPod without going to colorware.

Here is a picture of my first mini.

princealfie
Mar 18, 2008, 08:30 PM
I have tons of iPods but no pictures... but I luv them!

MattyMac
Mar 20, 2008, 06:26 PM
I have tons of iPods but no pictures... but I luv them!

Well post some pics!

queshy
Mar 20, 2008, 07:02 PM
Wow, those boxes bring back good memories...they're really trimmed them down. I remember back in the day I bought a 3G 20GB and it came with a remote, a carrying case, a dock, the iTunes CD, haha.

M!K
Mar 20, 2008, 07:12 PM

Cheers - Greg

lollll i wonder what's the point in collection flashlights? I mean... it doesn't do anything special. That's so funny!

M!K
Mar 20, 2008, 07:14 PM
Wow, those boxes bring back good memories...they're really trimmed them down. I remember back in the day I bought a 3G 20GB and it came with a remote, a carrying case, a dock, the iTunes CD, haha.

i would love actual iPods to come with the dock. Happily, my iPhone came with one.

MattyMac
Mar 20, 2008, 07:26 PM

Those were definitely the days...

speedyraf
Mar 21, 2008, 12:59 PM
Thanks for posting all the pictures, I never realized the variety of iPods. Can anyone point me to reliable web stores as I'm looking for a refurb or new iPod nano 2nd generation 8GB. I've been looking at the Apple store, but am curious about other possibilities. Thanks.

MattyMac
Mar 22, 2008, 06:04 PM
I've updated my collection photo as of today.

Here it is (also reflected in the first post!)

Show us yours!

iDAG
Mar 22, 2008, 06:10 PM

Show us yours!

It looks like you are just missing the newest iPod classic.

MattyMac
Mar 22, 2008, 06:18 PM
It looks like you are just missing the newest iPod classic.

You've got that right...but I'm working on it! Hopefully soon enough I'll have an 80gb silver classic.

queshy
Mar 23, 2008, 11:43 PM
Boy the way Glen Miller played
Songs that made the hit parade.
Guys like us we had it made,
Those were the days.

And you knew who you were then,
Girls were girls and men were men,
Mister we could use a man
Like Herbert Hoover again.

Didn't need no welfare state,
Everybody pulled his weight.
Gee our old LaSalle ran great.
Those were the days.

Ah, nostalgia...

brn2ski00
Mar 24, 2008, 12:36 PM

Show us yours!

Why the sealed iPod Touch?

brn2ski00
Mar 24, 2008, 12:37 PM
You've got that right...but I'm working on it! Hopefully soon enough I'll have an 80gb silver classic.

Aren't you missing the 2nd Generation too? I see the 1st and the 3rd, or is the 1st sealed?

01jamcon
Mar 24, 2008, 02:47 PM
My relatively small collection of 5 ipods I've gathered over the years. I must say, the obsession is growing on me. Next on my list: iPod 3G, a classic in my books.

iDAG
Mar 24, 2008, 05:37 PM
Here are my four iPods.

iPod 20GB 4g
iPod 30GB 5g Black
iPod nano 4GB 2g Blue
iPod touch 16GB

MattyMac
Mar 24, 2008, 05:52 PM
Why the sealed iPod Touch?

Never opened it! Don't feel the need I guess...

Aren't you missing the 2nd Generation too? I see the 1st and the 3rd, or is the 1st sealed?

No, the 2nd generation is the iPod that's displayed. The 1st Generation is the one inside the box. Sealed in the "Don't Steal Music Wrapper" with all the accessories sealed too!

My relatively small collection of 5 ipods I've gathered over the years. I must say, the obsessions is growing on me. Next on my list: iPod 3G, a classic in my books.

Very nice collection...I still need an iPod photo!

iDAG
Mar 24, 2008, 05:54 PM
Very nice collection...I still need an iPod photo!

Wouldn't that be the same thing as a fourth generation iPod?

MattyMac
Mar 24, 2008, 06:12 PM
Wouldn't that be the same thing as a fourth generation iPod?

It is, but I have the monochrome (black and white) 4th Generation. What I would really want to get is a 4th Generation U2 iPod Photo. That would be the best of both worlds....I'd have a special edition and an iPod photo all in one!

01jamcon
Mar 25, 2008, 02:13 AM
It is, but I have the monochrome (black and white) 4th Generation. What I would really want to get is a 4th Generation U2 iPod Photo. That would be the best of both worlds....I'd have a special edition and an iPod photo all in one!

Wouldn't that mess up your all white/silver scheme? Lol, oh yh, the iPhone already ruins it, but I guess thats forgivable. Thanks for the reply btw, its nice to see other people who collect these things, but your collection is much better. So far I got the mini for free and about $60 for the photo, but I know eventually I'll need to spend some real money if I ever want to get a 1G.

brn2ski00
Mar 25, 2008, 08:10 AM
Wouldn't that mess up your all white/silver scheme? Lol, oh yh, the iPhone already ruins it, but I guess thats forgivable. Thanks for the reply btw, its nice to see other people who collect these things, but your collection is much better. So far I got the mini for free and about $60 for the photo, but I know eventually I'll need to spend some real money if I ever want to get a 1G.

The longer you wait for the 1st Generation iPod, the higher the price will be :D

01jamcon
Mar 25, 2008, 04:13 PM
The longer you wait for the 1st Generation iPod, the higher the price will be :D

Lol, yh I know, but at the moment, I don't have upwards of $400 to spend on an OLD iPod.

GimmeSlack12
Mar 25, 2008, 04:38 PM
Lol, yh I know, but at the moment, I don't have upwards of $400 to spend on an OLD iPod.

I love my 1G iPod. Its not going anywhere.

MattyMac
Mar 25, 2008, 04:58 PM
I have a 1G iPod I'd be willing to sell. Its in good shape. I have the box.

how much?

maclover001
Mar 28, 2008, 07:40 PM
1G Mini - 4GB - Blue
2G Mini - 4GB - Silver
3G Nano - 8GB - (Product) RED
2G Shuffle - 1GB - Blue
1G Touch - 16GB

EB66
Mar 28, 2008, 07:43 PM
i would love to have an ipod collection like that

MattyMac
Mar 29, 2008, 05:49 PM
i would love to have an ipod collection like that
Why don't you start??? It's probably not a good habit though. It can get expensive sometimes.:rolleyes:

zackdank
Mar 31, 2008, 05:40 AM
sometimes!? I'd say every time a new iPod comes out i's expensive. nice that u have the money for it. unfortunately I only have the 4gb silver, and my boss gave it to me 4 xmas. otherwise I'd have no iPod, but I def. want more!! :D

siliconcowboy
Apr 24, 2008, 04:27 AM
Here's my collection. The picture isn't entirely complete as I have the box for the 3rd Gen, a 4th generation HP + Apple iPod as well as an original iPod shuffle packed away in storage. I'm waiting on an Apple 4th gen as well.

http://www.gnomelan.com/Devin/iPodCollection2.jpg

brn2ski00
Apr 24, 2008, 08:07 AM
I think we have a winner Folks! :D

Great Collection!

PowerFullMac
Apr 24, 2008, 08:51 AM
Does two iPods count as a collection?

Photomosaic12
Apr 24, 2008, 12:07 PM
My 4gb nano (http://theelectronicgeek.com/node/31) suits me well. Great collection by the way.

MattyMac
Apr 24, 2008, 07:31 PM
Here's my collection. The picture isn't entirely complete as I have the box for the 3rd Gen, a 4th generation HP + Apple iPod as well as an original iPod shuffle packed away in storage. I'm waiting on an Apple 4th gen as well.

Very very very nice collection!

digitalnicotine
Apr 24, 2008, 09:10 PM
I currently have 5.

iPod photo white 20 gig
Nano 1G black 1 gig
Nano 3G 8gig Product Red
Touch 16 gig
Shuffle silver 2 gig

I never thought of myself as a collector, and actually use all of these iPods at least a few times a week, but mainly my 3G Nano, and Touch (daily on both).

I just got the Shuffle for running, and kind of want a new Classic, but am holding off in case they get updated over the summer. I bought my iPod photo 3 days before the iPod video's came out, and was a bit irked (pre MR). :D

MattyMac
Apr 24, 2008, 10:42 PM

http://www.gnomelan.com/Devin/ipodCollection.jpg

Very very very nice collection!

:D Just realized that the 2G iPod in your pic is the one I just sold you!!!

Your collection is definitely sweeeeeeeet!

siliconcowboy
Apr 25, 2008, 06:13 AM
It certainly is. I thank you for the contribution and everyone for their nice words. I'm working on some writing around the collection and will update my picture from time to time. I just took that one real quick because I said I would in our e-mails =)

Dagless
Apr 25, 2008, 07:22 AM
I'm now at;

80gb 5.5G black (love the look)
1gb 2G Shuffle silver

That's it :p I miss my Mini and my girlfriends got my 15gb 3G iPod. Also used my mums 16gb iPod Touch whilst I was recovering from an arm injurt, them things are fantastic! Hoping for a 32gb iPhone next.

Managed to get my whole family in on the act. My sister has a 1G black Nano, 4gb. Pops has a silver 2G 4gb Nano. Mother has a 16gb iPod Touch and my bro has an 80gb 5.5G Black iPod like me.

MattyMac
Apr 26, 2008, 09:41 AM
It certainly is. I thank you for the contribution and everyone for their nice words. I'm working on some writing around the collection and will update my picture from time to time. I just took that one real quick because I said I would in our e-mails =)
Thanks for keeping your word...it livens the thread up quite a bit!

m-dogg
Apr 26, 2008, 11:00 AM
I currently have the following:

16 GB iPod Touch

Silver 1GB 2nd-gen shuffle

White 512MB 1st-gen shuffle

Pink 4GB 1st-gen mini (the wife's - practically brand new - she never really ever used it)

30GB 3rd-gen iPod (still works great - battery is slipping a bit, but still decent considering its age)

I also owned:

20GB 2nd-gen iPod (had for about 9 months when the headphone jack started shorting out...was able to trade in for the 3rd-gen listed above)

What I'm buying next (as soon as it comes out):

3G iPhone (which will hopefully also be 32GB)

I don't currently have a picture of all of them together...I'll try to post it here soon.

In addition to some other posters in this thread, I am a big fan of the 3rd-gen iPod and its touch controls. I never really fully replaced it until the Touch came out.

MattyMac
Apr 26, 2008, 05:56 PM
m-dogg you better get on that pic! Seems like you have a nice collection! The 1G and 3G iPods are the greatest!

PowerFullMac
Apr 27, 2008, 04:06 AM
Here is my "collection".

MattyMac
Apr 27, 2008, 10:54 AM
Here is my "collection".

Was this taken with an iPhone by any chance? If so, I think that would be included in your collection.

PowerFullMac
Apr 27, 2008, 11:26 AM
Was this taken with an iPhone by any chance? If so, I think that would be included in your collection.

Is that really iPhone camera quality? I took that on my Nokia 6230 that only has a VGA camera (0.3 megapixel)!

zap2
Apr 27, 2008, 11:32 AM

Is that really iPhone camera quality? I took that on my Nokia 6230 that only has a VGA camera (0.3 megapixel)!

No, its not...

cheekybobcat
Apr 27, 2008, 11:35 AM
I wouldn't consider myself a "collector" however I do indeed love my iPods. I wish I had more but I need the cash for other things...
My iPod Touch and Nano though suit me well and fulfill my day-to-day iPod needs :)

MattyMac
Apr 27, 2008, 02:00 PM

No iPhone quality is much better. Thought you may have had some dust on the lens or something.

PowerFullMac
Apr 28, 2008, 10:27 AM
No iPhone quality is much better. Thought you may have had some dust on the lens or something.

No, thats just the crappy camera, all though that black mark is in every photo I take, I think its some crap on the lens... Oh well.

PMB
Apr 28, 2008, 10:34 AM
My collection:
1 ipod mini
13rd gen ipod (15gig)
2 2nd gen nanos
1 ipod touch

siliconcowboy
Apr 30, 2008, 04:11 PM
Not entirely sure what happened to my original picture. My webhost was having some problems so maybe they restored to a backup or something, but alas a new picture as arrived.

The only iPod that is missing is the first generation shuffle. It's missing only because I lent it to my sister and don't really feel the need to have it back. The box is present though. All of these iPods are soon going to be protected with the invisible shield as I have one for every single generation.

All are functional and in reasonable to new condition. I even threw a iPod + HP in there to be complete.

The List:
1G - 5GB
2G - 10GB
3G - 15GB upgraded to 30GB (My First iPod, and dear to my heart)
4G - 20GB
4GHP - 40GB
5G - 30GB
5.5G - 30GB
5.5GU2 - 30GB

Mini 1G - 4GB
Mini 2G - 4GB

Nano 1G - 4GB
Nano 2G - 2GB

Shuffle 1G - 1GB
Shuffle 2G - 1GB

http://www.gnomelan.com/Devin/iPodCollection2.jpg
http://www.gnomelan.com/Devin/shields.jpg

MattyMac
May 2, 2008, 08:16 PM
Not entirely sure what happened to my original picture. My webhost was having some problems so maybe they restored to a backup or something, but alas a new picture as arrived.

The only iPod that is missing is the first generation shuffle. It's missing only because I lent it to my sister and don't really feel the need to have it back. The box is present though. All of these iPods are soon going to be protected with the invisible shield as I have one for every single generation.

All are functional and in reasonable to new condition. I even through a iPod + HP in there to be complete.

The List:
1G - 5GB
2G - 10GB
3G - 15GB upgraded to 30GB (My First iPod, and dear to my heart)
4G - 20GB
4GHP - 40GB
5G - 30GB
5.5G - 30GB
5.5GU2 - 30GB

Mini 1G - 4GB
Mini 2G - 4GB

Nano 1G - 4GB
Nano 2G - 2GB

Shuffle 1G - 1GB
Shuffle 2G - 1GB

Nice!

Schaller
Jun 3, 2008, 06:15 PM
My iPod-collection:

* iPod, 1st generation, model 8513, unopened (=original shrink wrapped)

* iPod, 2nd generation, model 8740, unopened

* iPod, 3th generation, model 9244, used

* iPod nano, 1st generation, model A005, used

* iPod, 5.5 generation, model A446, used

Poll: How many unopened first generation iPods are out there?

Please post a comment at: http://designclassics.wordpress.com/2008/04/23/poll_ipod_first_generation/

MattyMac
Jun 3, 2008, 08:52 PM
My iPod-collection:

* iPod, 1st generation, model 8513, unopened (=original shrink wrapped)

* iPod, 2nd generation, model 8740, unopened

* iPod, 3th generation, model 9244, used

* iPod nano, 1st generation, model A005, used

* iPod, 5.5 generation, model A446, used

Poll: How many unopened first generation iPods are out there?

Please post a comment at: http://designclassics.wordpress.com/2008/04/23/poll_ipod_first_generation/
Nice Schaller!

I have a brand new 1st generation...the box itself is not in the plastic wrap, however the iPod and all accessories and paperwork have never been opened! At least I know it's in there ;)

volsfan
Jun 6, 2008, 11:19 PM
i only have a touch currently but am probaly going to buy both gens of shuffles soon :):)

upsguy27
Jun 8, 2008, 10:44 PM
Just sold my iPhone... getting an iPod Classic tomorrow. I sold my iPhone cause I'm not on AT&T and I need more room :\

iCantwait
Jun 12, 2008, 05:08 AM
my collection has grown with the addition of 3 minis 1st gen (two 4gbs and one 8gb) and a dead 15gb 3G, and the 1st gen is gone to ebay for profit.

now where do i find out more about that black 3rd gen??

MattyMac
Jun 15, 2008, 09:24 PM
i only have a touch currently but am probaly going to buy both gens of shuffles soon :):)
I have an unused refurb 512mb first gen shuffle for sale if you're interested.

motti
Jun 16, 2008, 09:29 AM
I never thought of it as a collection, but here they are:
1G 5Gg M8541 (bought in January 2002 and still in use)
2G 1Gb Shuffle
8Gb iPod touch
1G iPod Mini (sold, will go to buyer tomorrow *sniff*
3G Nano product red

upsguy27
Jun 24, 2008, 05:50 PM
Just picked up another iPod Shuffle today. I love those little things :)

volsfan
Jun 29, 2008, 09:10 PM
I have an unused refurb 512mb first gen shuffle for sale if you're interested.

How much?

upsguy27
Sep 14, 2008, 09:09 PM
Figured I'd get this thread going again... here's my new collection as of toady. :D

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w24/upsguy272/DSC01844.jpg

Got the iPod touch Friday, and got the Nano 8GB today. :)

TheCheapGeek
Sep 15, 2008, 12:38 PM
My collection

4g 20GB
1G Black Nano 2GB
1G Shuffle 512MB
1G iPhone 8GB
2G Black iPhone 3G 8GB

This thread makes me wish i had saved the old packages, and not thrown away or sold older ipods.

I used to have in addition to the ones above.

3G 15GB
3G 20GB HP
4G 20 GB
1G touch 8GB

Packersfan27
Sep 20, 2008, 03:34 PM
Hey guys this is mine.

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb66/Packersfan27/Myipods004.jpg

I currently use the 2nd gen iPod Touch (in the black/red case) and the blue shuffle.

I gave the first gen iPod Touch (in the see-through red) to my dad and the first gen nano to my mom.

Also have the two pair of headphones I use at the top.

nl2134
Sep 20, 2008, 04:36 PM
1 3G iPod Classic 20GB (Broke after a year, out of warranty, gave it back to Apple for 10% off)

1 4G iPod Classic 20GB (Came free with iBook)

1 5G iPod Classic 60GB (Sold, waiting for 6G iPod)

1 1G iPod Shuffle 512mb (After my first iPod broke, bought it as a temporary replacement)

1 1G iPod Touch 16GB

Thinking about getting the Nano now for working out to replace my outdated Shuffle...

Currently, the Touch is my main player, and I use the Shuffle at the gym. That's all I have left.

aznguy2772
Sep 20, 2008, 04:59 PM
I currently have:
iPhone 1st gen 8 GB
iPod 5th gen Black 30 GB
iPod Shuffle 2nd gen Silver 1 GB

USED TO HAVE:
iPod 2nd gen 10 GB (Got rid of it quickly)
iPod 3rd gen 20 GB (Gave to my uncle)
iPod 5th gen White 30 GB (Don't know why I bought it, but I sold it soon after I got it)

WISHLIST:
16 GB iPod Nano Red
Next generation iPhone (I know it's coming...)

I-Bot
Sep 20, 2008, 07:25 PM
Current:
Ipod Shuffle (2G)
Ipod Video (5.5 G)

Wishlist:
Another Ipod Shuffle(2g), because I love them so much!

MattyMac
Sep 23, 2008, 08:32 PM
Figured I'd get this thread going again... here's my new collection as of toady. :D

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w24/upsguy272/DSC01844.jpg

Got the iPod touch Friday, and got the Nano 8GB today. :)

Very nice...the pic is sweet!

upsguy27
Sep 23, 2008, 09:02 PM
Very nice...the pic is sweet!

So, do you still have everything you had since your first post?

MattyMac
Sep 24, 2008, 06:19 PM
So, do you still have everything you had since your first post?

I do still have everything plus a few more. I added a 2G nano, iPod photo, and of course iPhone 3G.

donga
Sep 24, 2008, 06:59 PM
what in the world do you guys do with all your ipods?

MattyMac
Sep 24, 2008, 09:46 PM
what in the world do you guys do with all your ipods?

Nothing...it does seem quite odd.

Just a collection.

01jamcon
Sep 27, 2008, 07:23 AM
A few updates to the previous collection: another iPod shuffle 512mb and an iPhone 3G.

However, the mini died completely following my dissection, although the metal shell remains intact. The shuffle on the right is my old one that snapped in half at the USB connector, hence making it unable to charge, but apart from a few hairline cracks, its still mostly ok, it even still plays music. The iPod touch is borrowed from a friend. The 2G shuffle now belongs to my mum, the photo is used as backup, and the new 1G shuffle is used when I don't want to take my iPhone.

On a slightly disgusting note, I've included a picture comparing the used and unused lanyard cords on the shuffles. I can't believe how yellow it went, and I promise I do shower everyday, *honest*.

gan6660
Sep 27, 2008, 01:01 PM
I have:
1g shuffle 1gb
1g nano 4gb
2g nano 2gb
3g nano 4gb
5.5g video 30gb (white)
1g touch 8gb

Have Had:
1g nano 2gb went through the wash
5g video 30gb took back for xbox 360
5.5g video (black) sold for LG Dare

JBROCKS
Sep 27, 2008, 06:43 PM

3/21/08 EDIT: Some of you expressed interest in the stands my iPods are displayed on. I have some of these for sale if you see this thread: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=446018

3/22/08 EDIT: I've added a pic of my collection up to date and removed the previous picture.
WOW WOW WOW Dude that is sick!!! sooooooooooo cool what is ur celection worth????????? let me know!!!!:):):):):):)

MattyMac
Oct 1, 2008, 08:41 PM
WOW WOW WOW Dude that is sick!!! sooooooooooo cool what is ur celection worth????????? let me know!!!!:):):):):):)

I guess it's worth whatever someone is willing to pay.

Can't really tell if you're being overly sarcastic though...or just really nice!

someone28624
Oct 1, 2008, 11:21 PM
His is a first generation iPod, and your is a second generation iPod.

This picture (not mine) shows all the (pre-2006) iPod boxes:
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/63/164505248_bb8f116b16_o.jpg

iLounge has an great article detailing the history of the first 3 generations of iPods here (http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/articles/comments/instant-expert-a-brief-history-of-ipod/).

Wow, the boxes have gotten a lot smaller. Guess they include less too.

iCantwait
Oct 2, 2008, 02:49 AM
have the 5gb ipod box!!!!
just need to get the iPod now!

MattyMac
Oct 2, 2008, 06:42 PM
have the 5gb ipod box!!!!
just need to get the iPod now!

I've got one for you...but it doesn't work :rolleyes:

gan6660
Oct 6, 2008, 04:30 PM
I updated my collection:
now have:

1g shuffle
2g shuffle (silver)
1g black nano 4gb
2g silver nano 2gb
3g silver nano 4gb
5.5g white video
1g touch 8gb

have had:
1g nano 2gb went through the wash
5g black video retuned for xbox 360
5.5g black video sold for LG Dare

oldG3mac
Oct 7, 2008, 12:14 PM
Hey there, I have been trying to reach you via email;
mine: alternativefueler@yahoo.com aka: oldG3mac & 80G iPod:apple:

3/21/08 EDIT: Some of you expressed interest in the stands my iPods are displayed on. I have some of these for sale if you see this thread: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=446018

3/22/08 EDIT: I've added a pic of my collection up to date and removed the previous picture.

4DThinker
Oct 7, 2008, 06:05 PM
Very impressive collections! My iPods number only 3 (or 5 if you count the ones I bought for my wife), but as I search for the perfect pocket media player my total collection is now at 15 (I think).

What you need to add is a photo of the headphones and charging cables you got with all those iPods. ;) I'm personally curious to know if any of the early earbuds still work.

Well done, regardless!

Sehnsucht
Oct 8, 2008, 02:15 AM
OK...just out of curiosity...if I were to somehow locate the original, first-ever iPod with FireWire 400, still sealed in the box, could I connect it to my iMac running OS X 10.5.5 and actually load music on it? I'm not sure about iTunes since that didn't come out until later if I do recall correctly. :apple:

Ivan P
Oct 8, 2008, 02:57 AM
OK...just out of curiosity...if I were to somehow locate the original, first-ever iPod with FireWire 400, still sealed in the box, could I connect it to my iMac running OS X 10.5.5 and actually load music on it? I'm not sure about iTunes since that didn't come out until later if I do recall correctly. :apple:

There's no reason why it shouldn't work.

iTunes was first released in early 2001, months before the first iPod; it needs at least iTunes 2.0.

Orocker
Oct 8, 2008, 03:29 AM
Glad I'm not alone! :D My friends think I'm crazy for having so many...

Current (Pictured):
iPod 2g 20GB
iPod 3g 40GB
iPod 4g 20GB
Shuffle 1g 512 MB
Nano 1g 2GB
Nano 3g 8GB
Nano 4g 16GB
iPhone 16GB

Have had:
iPod 4g 20GB (sold :(, first :apple: product ever)
iPod 5g 30GB White (broken)
Nano 1g 2GB White (stolen)
Nano 2g 4GB Blue (stolen)
Nano 3g 4GB Silver (stolen)
iPod Touch 1g 16GB (stolen)

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn201/shyguy2788/DSCF0108.jpg

gan6660
Oct 8, 2008, 02:18 PM
[QUOTE=Orocker;6369855]Glad I'm not alone! :D My friends think I'm crazy for having so many...

Current (Pictured):
iPod 2g 20GB
iPod 3g 40GB
iPod 4g 20GB
Shuffle 1g 512 MB
Nano 1g 2GB
Nano 3g 8GB
Nano 4g 16GB
iPhone 16GB

Have had:
iPod 4g 20GB (sold :(, first :apple: product ever)
iPod 5g 30GB White (broken)
Nano 1g 2GB White (stolen)
Nano 2g 4GB Blue (stolen)
Nano 3g 4GB Silver (stolen)
iPod Touch 1g 16GB (stolen)

Where do you bring you iPods that so many get stolen?

AmericanOutlaw
Oct 9, 2008, 01:34 AM
would anyone be interested in getting a Original Ipod Gen3 10gb?

Orocker
Oct 9, 2008, 02:57 AM
Where do you bring you iPods that so many get stolen?

College... in the ghetto. They just disappeared out of my desk one day. Oh and my bi*** ex-girlfriend took my 2g nano... :mad:

siliconcowboy
Oct 9, 2008, 06:17 AM

I can confirm that first gens still work properly. I occasionally take mine out and use it for the fun of it. The mechanical scroll wheel is the best. Personally though if you had one still sealed in the box I'd leave it there, those things fetch a serious premium. You'd be better off getting a gently used one eBay. That's where mine came from. I polished it up and put an InvisibleSHIELD on it.

iCantwait
Oct 11, 2008, 07:00 PM
I've got one for you...but it doesn't work :rolleyes:

yes please:D what kind of dosn't work?

iCantwait
Oct 11, 2008, 07:07 PM
OK, after a bit of ebay

2x 10gb 2nd Gen
15gb 3rd gen
20gb 4th gen (B&W)
a mini or two (in pieces, will eventually make 16gb or 32gb)
20gb 4th gen (colour)
1gb Shuffle 2G (original silver, with old headphones)
8gb nano (fat)
16gb nano
4gb iPhone
16gb iPhone 3G

And the everything in the 5gb box accept the iPod (mattymac pm me:D) and an original 1st gen store poster.

I will post pics soon

thespyglass
Oct 21, 2008, 06:24 AM
Wicked pictures, guys! I only have my little 2G Mini and the new Nano. Ah well, we've all gotta start somewhere ;)

student_trap
Oct 22, 2008, 07:46 PM
just a little update, here is where my collection stands atm, for some reason my 120gig classic isn't in the photo...weird!:confused:

MattyMac
Oct 25, 2008, 09:46 AM
just a little update, here is where my collection stands atm, for some reason my 120gig classic isn't in the photo...weird!:confused:

Very nice! You better update your photo with the classic though!

Hrududu
Oct 25, 2008, 11:51 AM
I'm more of a Mac than iPod collector, but I'll upload mine. Unfortunately the 4th gen got lost last christmas on a road trip.

MattyMac
Oct 25, 2008, 11:54 AM
I'm more of a Mac than iPod collector, but I'll upload mine. Unfortunately the 4th gen got lost last christmas on a road trip.

Nice logo!

tremlock
Nov 18, 2008, 10:05 PM
pictured : 3rd gen 10GB, 2nd gen mini 6GB, 2nd gen mini 4GB[green], 2nd gen mini 4GB[silver], 1st gen nano 2GB, 2nd gen Nano 2gb, 3rd gen nano 4GB, 2nd gen shuffles 1GB

not pictured, iPhone 3G, Nano 2gb, iPod Touch 2g 16GB, iPod 3rd gen 30 GB

I-Bot
Nov 24, 2008, 04:02 PM
I Own 3.....just look at my sig to see which ones.....

cl0wnzee
Feb 6, 2009, 02:37 PM
I have:
iPhone 3G (16GB, black)
iPod nano 4G (16GB, purple)
iPod nano 1G (2GB, black) half screen is broken and my cousin is using it

Hopely soon:
iPod mini 2G (6GB, silver) probably I'll gonna get it on monday (for 10$^^) have just to change the battery
iPod shuffle 2G

-cl0wnzee

TheSpaz
Feb 6, 2009, 03:08 PM
My iPods:
iPhone 3G (16GB) White
Original iPhone (4GB)
1st Gen iPod touch (16GB)
iPod Classic (120GB) Silver
1st Gen iPod Nano (2GB)
5th Gen iPod (30GB) Black
3rd Gen iPod (10GB) Still works like new!

My Mom has:
1st Gen iPod Nano (2GB)
1st Gen iPod Shuffle (512MB)

My Brother has:
3rd Gen iPod Nano (8GB)
iPhone 3G (8GB) Black

Mr. Giver '94
Feb 20, 2009, 11:13 PM
I'll post pics later but I have

Original iPod 5GB
2G iPod 20GB
4G iPod 40GB
4G iPod Photo (color screen) 60GB
5.5G iPod 30GB Black
1G iPod Touch 8GB
2G Shuffle Silver 1GB
2G Shuffle Blue 2GB (current version)
4G iPod Nano 16GB Product (RED)
iPhone 3G 16GB Black
iPod Classic 120GB Black

I feel like I should start a game of iPod Jenga....LOL

MattyMac
Mar 21, 2009, 09:37 PM
pictured : 3rd gen 10GB, 2nd gen mini 6GB, 2nd gen mini 4GB[green], 2nd gen mini 4GB[silver], 1st gen nano 2GB, 2nd gen Nano 2gb, 3rd gen nano 4GB, 2nd gen shuffles 1GB

not pictured, iPhone 3G, Nano 2gb, iPod Touch 2g 16GB, iPod 3rd gen 30 GB

Sweeeet...but why so many shuffles and minis???

kwabo
Mar 29, 2009, 08:45 AM
Hi, are the clear stands still for sale and can you let me know how much it would cost to ship them to the UK?

Thanks!:)

yoppie
Mar 29, 2009, 09:02 AM
I'm not an iPod collector but here's my list.

In My Possession:
3G iPod 20GB - White
1G iPod nano 2GB - Black
2G iPod shuffle 2GB - Silver
3G iPod shuffle 4GB - Black
1G iPhone 8GB

On A Delivery Truck:
6G iPod classic 120GB - Black

No Longer Have/Given To Family Member
1G iPod shuffle 1GB - White

MacbookAlum1536
Mar 29, 2009, 12:17 PM
My Family Collection:
iPhone 3G (Mom's)
iPhone 3G (Dad's)*
iPhone 2G (sisters)*
iPod Touch 1G With Skin (Mine)
iPod Touch 1G (sisters)*
iPod Video White (mine)
iPod Video White (Sisters)*
iPod Nano 2G (Dads)
iPod Mini Blue (Sisters old/Mine Now)
iPod Mini Silver (Dads)
iPod Shuffle 2G Blue (Mine)
iPod Shuffle 2G Green (Dads)
iPod Shuffle 2G Pink (Mom's) *Not pictured

Benguitar
Mar 29, 2009, 12:44 PM
I personally am not an iPod collector, I only upgrade to a new one when I need to or when Apple convinces me that it is worth it.

I have-

1 iPhone 3G 16 GB
1 iPhone 8 GB
1 iPod Shuffle Silver 3rd Gen

I used to have-

1 iPod 20 GB White (gave to friend in Colorado)
1 iPod Classic 160 GB, HD died 1 month after I got it. Took it to Apple, paid them the difference ($50.00) got my first iPhone 8 GB. :D

MattyMac
Apr 2, 2009, 05:58 PM
Hi, are the clear stands still for sale and can you let me know how much it would cost to ship them to the UK?

Thanks!:)
Sent you an email!

My Family Collection:
iPhone 3G (Mom's)
iPhone 3G (Dad's)*
iPhone 2G (sisters)*
iPod Touch 1G With Skin (Mine)
iPod Touch 1G (sisters)*
iPod Video White (mine)
iPod Video White (Sisters)*
iPod Nano 2G (Dads)
iPod Mini Blue (Sisters old/Mine Now)
iPod Mini Silver (Dads)
iPod Shuffle 2G Blue (Mine)
iPod Shuffle 2G Green (Dads)
iPod Shuffle 2G Pink (Mom's) *Not pictured

Wow! Very Festive!

SactoGuy18
Apr 3, 2009, 06:41 AM
I may start a collection soon. I have an 3G iPod nano (8 GB) now and may get a 4G iPod nano (16 GB) this coming weekend and might even get whatever replaces the iPod classic this fall. :)

PH3DOGS
Apr 13, 2009, 07:25 PM
Would You Like To Collect A Gucci Ipod 30g

gan6660
Apr 13, 2009, 07:33 PM
Would You Like To Collect A Gucci Ipod 30g

Whats a "Gucci iPod?" pics?

PH3DOGS
Apr 13, 2009, 07:41 PM
The Ipod Was Make Special For Guicci Promotions When They Open Their Store In Japan - Only 1100 Were Given Away

PH3DOGS
Apr 13, 2009, 08:05 PM
Whats a "Gucci iPod?" pics?

IT WAS A PROMOTION FOR GUCCI WHEN THEY OPENED THEIR STORE IN JAPAN. THEY HAD 1100 ABOUT TO GIVE OUT.

James Cole
Apr 13, 2009, 08:10 PM
ok thats a bit weird...

iCantwait
Apr 21, 2009, 06:27 AM
i now have two 5GB iPods and a Prototype 1st gen iPhone

YanniDepp
Apr 21, 2009, 07:40 AM
p=1797653&postcount=23[/url]). So there probably are people who have every color of iPod mini, shuffle and nano. And if there aren't, someone should start a collection right now :)

I'm getting there! I have the following iPod Minis:

Silver 4GB (1st Gen)
Silver 4GB (1st Gen)
Green 4GB (1st Gen)
Pink 8GB (2nd Gen) - was 6GB, but replaced it with an 8GB CompactFlash card
Silver 4GB (2nd Gen)

...in addition to an original shuffle (1GB), a black 5.5 gen iPod Video, an 8GB iPod Touch (2nd Gen), and a 16GB iPod Nano (4th Gen)

puma1552
Apr 21, 2009, 07:58 AM
I've got:

Black 30 gig 5th gen video
White 30 gig 5.5 gen video
Silver 4 gig 2nd gen mini
Silver 6 gig 2nd gen mini
Green 16 gig 4th gen nano
Silver 120 gig 6.5 gen classic
32 gig 1st gen ipod touch
White 16 gig iphone 3G

w00t

yorkshire
May 6, 2009, 03:25 PM
What I would give to have a first generation iPod...

MattyMac
May 6, 2009, 09:41 PM
What I would give to have a first generation iPod...

Ive got one for sale here..
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=691920

MTI
May 6, 2009, 10:22 PM
I'm still using my 1G 5GB iPod . . the only one I've ever owned. I remember when I bought it that it was "Apple only" and pre-iTunes for Windows so I bought software that would sync it on a PC, along with the original iTrip FM modulator.

Click wheel and firewire, baby! :D

siliconcowboy
May 7, 2009, 06:07 AM
Click wheel and firewire, baby!

Technically the click wheel didn't appear until the Mini or 4th generation iPod *whistles* I'm not obsessed. Really.

SactoGuy18
May 7, 2009, 06:43 AM
I should have a picture of my 3G iPod nano (8 GB teal blue case) and 4G iPod nano (16 GB blue case) soon. :)

iheijoushin
May 7, 2009, 10:57 AM
I've got a 20GB 2nd Gen (First Touch Wheel) in very good condition that I just can't get myself to throw out. The unit powers on but battery life seems awfully short. FYI, It's laser engraved with my name and email.

Any aspiring collectors want it? You pay for shipping and its yours. I think I even have the box somewhere.

Email me if you're interested. :)

bozz2006
May 7, 2009, 03:21 PM
I've got a 20GB 2nd Gen (First Touch Wheel) in very good condition that I just can't get myself to throw out. The unit powers on but battery life seems awfully short. FYI, It's laser engraved with my name and email.

Any aspiring collectors want it? You pay for shipping and its yours. I think I even have the box somewhere.

Email me if you're interested. :)

I emailed ya!

VirtualNsanity
Jun 26, 2009, 12:07 PM
I have just recently started my collection, but have a few questions about what you do with yours.

How often do you charge (and deplete?) the battery on them?

When you purchase them, do you only go for the complete box units, or have you ever bought an item that is just the iPod itself?

How do you stop yourself from wanting to buy them ALL?

siliconcowboy
Jun 27, 2009, 07:39 AM
In an ideal world I'd charge the battery once a month and let them run occasionally... in actuality I probably do it every 2-3.

I am pretty particular and am only interested if the item has it's complete box. This unfortunately raises the prices of collecting quite a bit. Especially for the older ones =)

I do a pretty poor job of not buying them all... but what I do do a pretty decent job of is staying a generation behind. So in September when they release new iPods I'll be looking on the Apple discounts page at the old generation models. You have to watch though, this backfires sometimes. Especially with the Nano's they seem to be pretty good about making sure they don't have many of them left by the time they release new ones.

I haven't posted a picture for a while, I'll try to do that this weekend (after which I'll charge them since you reminded me of it :))

gan6660
Jun 27, 2009, 09:04 AM
I have a 2nd gen 10gb in pretty good condition if anyones interested?

mannix87
Jun 28, 2009, 02:00 AM
my collection so far:

1) 3rd Gen 20GB white
2) mini iPod 4GB (gave to my sister)
3) iPod w/ photo 40GB (finally died 2 months ago)
4) 5G iPod w/ Video 60GB (still using this)
5) 1st gen iPod nano 1GB (gave to my nephew)
6) 2nd gen iPod nano 2GB
7) iPod Classic 120GB
8) iPod Touch 2nd Gen 8GB (w/ OS3)

YanniDepp
Jun 28, 2009, 07:35 AM
As you can see, I like ipod minis. And my camera phone is terrible.

The shadow on the left of the image is from my mac mini, and the silver mini at the bottom isn't scraped, it's just the image.

http://www.maylene.co.uk/ipods.jpg

VirtualNsanity
Jul 4, 2009, 10:20 PM
Anybody have any hints or tips on preserving the boxes?

I just bought a 1st generation iPod Nano in GREAT shape, but the box has a few dings on it and is a little bent on the edge.

I want to flatten this out and get it looking as new as possible, but I don't want to damage it in the process.

Any advice on this type of thing?

pol0001
Jul 5, 2009, 07:31 AM
Usually owned only one or to at the same time:

- 1G iPod Mini 4GB (sold it to a friend)
- white iPod Video 30GB (drowned in the bathtub)
- black iPod Video 30GB (dog of my neighbors tried to eat it)
- iPod Classic 80GB (sold)
- 3G iPod shuffle (sold)
- 1G iPod Touch 8GB (gave it to a friend)
- iPhone 2G (gave it to a friend)
- 4G iPod Nano 8GB (sold)
- iPhone 3G 8GB
- iPod Classic 120GB

I replaced the iPod Nano with a new iPod Classic, as I was tiered of always choosing what playlists to take with me. (I use my iPhone 3G mostly for Podcasts. That Navigon App is taking up a lot of space. :eek:)

VirtualNsanity
Jul 6, 2009, 12:26 AM
I just got my hands on a 1st generation iPod Nano and it is still in the shrink wrap.

Should I keep it wrapped up, or should I take it out and display the iPod itself.

Personally, I like the latter option, but is this just like old school action figures and it will ruin resale value?

iKitz
Jul 8, 2009, 12:21 AM
- 3g iPod nano 8GB
- iPod vdo 30GB
:cool:

cl0wnzee
Jul 26, 2009, 10:42 AM
In Use:
iPhone 3G 16GB; Black (one year in use)
iPod Classic 120GB; Black (bought it thursday)

Others:
iPod Mini 2G 6GB; Silver (audio jack doesn't work after battery replacement)
iPod Nano 2G 1GB; White (apart in all parts)
iPod Nano 2G 4GB; Black (apart in all parts)
iPod Nano 4G 16GB; Purple (Stolen :-( )

Hopelly soon:
iPod shuffle 2G (dunno which color)
iPod 3G (like the buttons)

alysssalyn
Aug 2, 2009, 07:36 PM
I'm missing in the picture below my Orange Nano-Chromatic, because my boyfriends got it. And 1st Gen White Nano, and 5th gen Black Classic (at the bf's as well)

the classic in this photo is on the custom made slip cover i made for it so i didn't want to scratch it by setting it on the grey metal platform i used for this photo.

6th & 3rd Gen Classic's
2nd Gen Mini
2nd Gen Shuffle
2nd Gen Touch (8 gig)
(NOT PICTURED: 4th & 1st Gen Nano, 5th Gen Classic, 2nd Gen Touch [16 gig upgrade-coming in the mail {got it free from my rewards Citi Card}])
http://i29.tinypic.com/11liv08.jpg

BlackiBook
Aug 6, 2009, 12:44 AM
I just recently found my old iPod 1g mini and I fell in love all over again! This is the only one I have ever kept! I usually sell them off when I get a new one!

I had the 1g when it came out, then got the 3g, and bought the mini. Decided to buy the 30gb video and put the mini in a drawer... Bought the 160 gig classic and ended up losing/letting it get stolen and moved onto the touch...

The touch has now gone into the drawer and the Mini is my primary music player!! :D

Ivan P
Aug 6, 2009, 12:52 AM
1G iPod nano (black, 1GB)
5.5G iPod video (white, 30GB)
5.5G iPod video (Apple-provided, in-warranty replacement)
1G iPod touch (8GB)
1G iPod touch (Apple-provided, in-warranty replacement)
4G iPod nano (silver, 8GB)
2G iPod touch (16GB)
2G iPod touch (Apple-provided, in-warranty replacement)
2G iPod touch (32GB)
iPhone 3GS (black, 16GB)

Haven't had much luck in regards to having to get replacements, almost 50% of my new iPods have failed on me within the first year, yet I always go back to Apple anyway :cool:

Lukeyboy01
Aug 6, 2009, 01:45 PM
1G iPod nano (black, 1GB)
5.5G iPod video (white, 30GB)
5.5G iPod video (Apple-provided, in-warranty replacement)
1G iPod touch (8GB)
1G iPod touch (Apple-provided, in-warranty replacement)
4G iPod nano (silver, 8GB)
2G iPod touch (16GB)
2G iPod touch (Apple-provided, in-warranty replacement)
2G iPod touch (32GB)
iPhone 3GS (black, 16GB)

Haven't had much luck in regards to having to get replacements, almost 50% of my new iPods have failed on me within the first year, yet I always go back to Apple anyway :cool:

Id be pissed if my ipod ever broke (not that i own one anymore.. but the one i did own broke lol but i did it.) i still got a replacment tho. and hae
now sold for 122

iPodcollector
Aug 11, 2009, 01:51 PM
Found this thread on google, thank god Im not the only nerd collecting ipods:-)

My collection, currently consist of the following.

1st Gen iPod 10GB (3 ea)
2nd Gen iPod 5GB
2nd Gen iPod 20GB (2 ea)
3rd Gen iPod 30GB
4th Gen iPod U2
5th Gen iPod U2
2nd Gen iPod Touch 32GB
1st Gen iPhone 8GB

I am also waiting for 2 original 5gb ipods, 1 1st gen ipod with box, 2 3rd gen ipods with box, and one 4th ipod color.

Im an idiot, I know. Was hoping to sell some of these locally to earn some $$.:o

Picture below. Btw, none are in mint condition, they have all been used, but all are working (except the 5th gen U2, which is mint).:)

sammy2066
Aug 11, 2009, 01:54 PM
I've owned ...

3G iPod 30GB
iPod Mini 4GB
4G iPod Photo 40GB
1G iPod Nano 4GB
2G iPod Nano 8GB
2x 5G iPod Video (30GB)
1G iPod Touch

gan6660
Aug 11, 2009, 03:07 PM
Found this thread on google, thank god Im not the only nerd collecting ipods:-)

My collection, currently consist of the following.

1st Gen iPod 10GB (3 ea)
2nd Gen iPod 5GB
2nd Gen iPod 20GB (2 ea)
3rd Gen iPod 30GB
4th Gen iPod U2
5th Gen iPod U2
2nd Gen iPod Touch 32GB
1st Gen iPhone 8GB

I am also waiting for 2 original 5gb ipods, 1 1st gen ipod with box, 2 3rd gen ipods with box, and one 4th ipod color.

Im an idiot, I know. Was hoping to sell some of these locally to earn some $$.:o

Picture below. Btw, none are in mint condition, they have all been used, but all are working (except the 5th gen U2, which is mint).:)

The first gen ipod was only available in 5gb and the 2nd gen was never available in 5gb?

iPodcollector
Aug 11, 2009, 04:03 PM
The first gen ipod was only available in 5gb and the 2nd gen was never available in 5gb?

Incorrect.

The First generation ipod consisted of the 5GB scrollwheel, launched in october 2001. In march 2002, a 10GB version was added, also a 1st generation ipod.

In june 2002, the 2nd generation was launched, consisting of a 10GB & a 20GB touchwheel version. In addition, the 5GB scrollwheel version was relaunched, retaining the scrollwheel. All 5GB scrollwheel ipods, made after june 2002, are 2nd generation ipods:-)

You can verify this either by checking your ipods serialnumber. Third digit indicates year, third & fourth digit indicates week of production. Most ipod 5GB scrollwheel found on ebay are actually 2nd generation models!

Check this link (http://www.chipmunk.nl/klantenservice/applemodel.html) if you want to know which version you have.

Also, if you want to know more about the ipod models, check this link. (http://www.everyipod.com/ipod-faq/ipod-nano-mini-shuffle-apple-model-numbers.html)

MattyMac
Aug 29, 2009, 10:27 PM
This is correct!

Incorrect.

The First generation ipod consisted of the 5GB scrollwheel, launched in october 2001. In march 2002, a 10GB version was added, also a 1st generation ipod.

In june 2002, the 2nd generation was launched, consisting of a 10GB & a 20GB touchwheel version. In addition, the 5GB scrollwheel version was relaunched, retaining the scrollwheel. All 5GB scrollwheel ipods, made after june 2002, are 2nd generation ipods:-)

You can verify this either by checking your ipods serialnumber. Third digit indicates year, third & fourth digit indicates week of production. Most ipod 5GB scrollwheel found on ebay are actually 2nd generation models!

Check this link (http://www.chipmunk.nl/klantenservice/applemodel.html) if you want to know which version you have.

Also, if you want to know more about the ipod models, check this link. (http://www.everyipod.com/ipod-faq/ipod-nano-mini-shuffle-apple-model-numbers.html)

siliconcowboy
Sep 14, 2009, 10:18 PM
Well it's time to update the picture.

http://www.gnomelan.com/Devin/iPodCollection3.jpg

1G iPod 5GB Firewire, no Size on back.
2G iPod 10GB Firewire
3G iPod 15GB w/ Self 30GB Upgrade
4G iPod 20GB
4G HP+iPod 20GB
4G iPod Photo 40GB
5G iPod 30GB Sealed
5.5G iPod 30GB Sealed
5.5G U2 iPod Sealed
1G iPod Mini 4GB - Never used but not Sealed
2G iPod Mini 4GB
1G iPod Nano 4GB
2G iPod Nano 2GB Sealed
3G iPod Nano 4GB Sealed
4G iPod Nano 8GB Sealed
1G iPod Shuffle 1GB (Not pictured, you can see the small corner of the box)
2G iPod Shuffle 1GB
3G iPod Shuffle 4GB
1G iPod Touch 16GB - Primary Daily Player
2G iPod Touch 8GB - Sealed

Yeah... I know I have a little bit of a problem. All of the iPods still work and I use a few depending upon my mood. The 1st gen touch is by far my primary player, I suspect I will use it until the battery fails to hold a good charge or it gets a worthwhile upgrade. Other than that I use the 1G iPod for a stroll down memory lane occasionally, the 1G Nano or the 2G shuffle.

Sorry the picture is a little fuzzy, the lighting in my apartment is atrocious and I didn't feel like getting my LED lamp out of my car.

iPodcollector
Sep 20, 2009, 02:52 PM
Hi,
Im still fresh to the forums, and have not posted 5 posts yet, thus no possibility of PM to others.

Im interested in these stands that Mattymac has, but am unable to contact him.

Mattymac: how can I get a hold of these stands (if you still sell them):)?

MattyMac
Sep 20, 2009, 05:05 PM
Hi,
Im still fresh to the forums, and have not posted 5 posts yet, thus no possibility of PM to others.

Im interested in these stands that Mattymac has, but am unable to contact him.

Mattymac: how can I get a hold of these stands (if you still sell them):)?
Hey iPodcollector...I do still have the stands available. Make a couple more posts (you already have 3) and PM me and I will give you my email address.

tnisatard
Sep 20, 2009, 08:46 PM
man thats cool, i cant believe you guys keep it

i usually sell off my ipods

ipod mini blue 6gb
ipod video 30gb
ipod touch 8gb 1g
ipod nano 8gb 3g
iphone 8gb 3G

i sold my mini, video and touch

i want to upgrade, all my mac products are outdated :(

broke college student ftl

sarahc
Nov 10, 2009, 05:14 PM
I am also interested in purchasing 8 ipod stands in the clear. How can I do this? Thanks....

melissa23
Nov 10, 2009, 05:26 PM
I don't collect iPods- I've never actually had one as I used a CD walkman, then my iPhone- but I've wanted one of the gold ones since they came out..it was a very long time ago, they had a matte gold coloured model. I think it was a mini.