PDA

View Full Version : Apple's Black Friday Promo: Ready. Set. Shop.

MacRumors
Nov 20, 2007, 01:28 AM
http://images.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com/2007/11/20/apples-black-friday-promo-ready-set-shop/)

Apple sent out promotional emails to customers tonight confirming their plans for a Black Friday sale on November 23.
http://images.macrumors.com/article/2007/11/20/readyset_300.png (#)Shopping event is available only at the Apple Online Store (http://store.apple.com) on November 23 from 12:01 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. PST and at Apple Retail Stores (http://www.apple.com/retail/). Check your local Apple Retail Store for special hours. Sale prices are limited to stock on hand and while supplies last.
Historically, Apple's Black Friday sale discounts have been modest (old price lists (http://guides.macrumors.com/Black_Friday)). The exact discounts will not officially be announced prior to the sale day.

Article Link: Apple's Black Friday Promo: Ready. Set. Shop. (http://www.macrumors.com/2007/11/20/apples-black-friday-promo-ready-set-shop/)

djstarrock
Nov 20, 2007, 01:33 AM
Is this in the UK as well.

Marky_Mark
Nov 20, 2007, 01:36 AM
Nope. US only:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=4513593&postcount=1

arn
Nov 20, 2007, 01:38 AM
Nope. US only:

Looks like last year was U.S. and Canada.

arn

djstarrock
Nov 20, 2007, 01:38 AM
Dam. I wanted a cheaper iPod.

lazyrighteye
Nov 20, 2007, 01:39 AM
In Black Friday's past, has this proven a new product indicator?
Regardless, discounts = good.

Marky_Mark
Nov 20, 2007, 01:42 AM

January sales it is then. :)

odyssey924
Nov 20, 2007, 01:48 AM
iPhone: only $199! :D

MacFly123
Nov 20, 2007, 01:50 AM
Tablet with removable keyboard. I think I'll have to wait

Not that this thread is very specific anyway, but why aren't all the Apple computers shipping with the new iMac keyboard too? Anyone know what they have done in the past when introducing a new keyboard or mouse??? You think they will switch to the new ones after the next revisions?? Any insight people?

kajitox
Nov 20, 2007, 01:51 AM
Hoping for a decent discount on the mighty mouse/new keyboard :D

David G.
Nov 20, 2007, 01:56 AM
MacBook, here I come!:)

aznkid25
Nov 20, 2007, 02:09 AM
I usually get emails from Apple, but I haven't received one regarding black friday yet. Can anyone post a copy of it on here? I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

Eidorian
Nov 20, 2007, 02:11 AM
I usually get emails from Apple, but I haven't received one regarding black friday yet. Can anyone post a copy of it on here? I would really appreciate it. Thanks.You're not missing much.

http://att.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=91788&d=1195540841

queshy
Nov 20, 2007, 02:11 AM
Where does it say it's in Canada, too?

samh004
Nov 20, 2007, 02:21 AM
So the big question, will the iPhone be discounted ;)

I like your avatar :p

TurboSC
Nov 20, 2007, 02:25 AM
If the iPhone sees a discount, there's going to be another big buzz generated...

It would be a smart move for seasonal sales, I have a feeling they're going to do something unexpected, since this year sees the launch of the iPhone / iPod Touch, which is a pretty big leap for Apple...

I'm excited.

Pandaboots
Nov 20, 2007, 02:40 AM
So the big question, will the iPhone be discounted ;)

I would assume that the items pictured in the promotion to resemble a shopping bag would be indicative of the items that would be on sale this Friday. Unfortunately, I can't see an iPhone in that picture.

andy721
Nov 20, 2007, 02:44 AM
I dont care if this is a true holiday or not, but I'm not complaining about the price drops. Hopefully its a bit more then 100bucks but I wish to much.:mad:

Detektiv-Pinky
Nov 20, 2007, 02:45 AM

Last year the German Apple Online Store had a similar promo event running (one day only!). It was not much advertised (as there is no Black Friday shopping frenzy in Germany) - I happened to stumble about it by chance.

I would guess that they will do it again for their loyal European customers, so keep watching the Apple Online Store on and around the 23rd...

tingly
Nov 20, 2007, 02:54 AM
seems like the UK had one Dec. 1 last year

Wayfarer
Nov 20, 2007, 02:58 AM
I want mah aluminum keyboard! :eek:

CavemanUK
Nov 20, 2007, 03:04 AM
Looks like last year was U.S. and Canada.

arn

Last year they did do an offer in UK (althought might not have been on the same day). A buddy of mine bought a MacBook through the offer and got about 10% off.

billystlyes
Nov 20, 2007, 03:07 AM
Who would ever imagine that they would have another Black Friday sale this year. Thanks for the head's up! :rolleyes:

Chopper9
Nov 20, 2007, 03:13 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3B48b Safari/419.3)

doesnt say ANYTHING about a sale... Or sale prices. Just extended hours.

Eidorian
Nov 20, 2007, 03:14 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3B48b Safari/419.3)

doesnt say ANYTHING about a sale... Or sale prices. Just extended hours.Given the previous years we do expect sale prices though.

samh004
Nov 20, 2007, 03:54 AM
I would assume that the items pictured in the promotion to resemble a shopping bag would be indicative of the items that would be on sale this Friday. Unfortunately, I can't see an iPhone in that picture.

True, but I see two mice, which seems a little odd, with only one style of keyboard...

Clancycoop
Nov 20, 2007, 03:55 AM
It is fun to wish, want, dream... but Apple doesn't need to knock 25% off the price of the iPhone to sell it.

Yes, I know they knocked of 1/3 the price previously, but that was it.

If you look at previous years sale prices, they are not earth shattering. Keep in mind that you can't combine deals either, so if you are a student wanting a Macbook, you probably won't get any deal better than you already can.

We will see 10% off here and there, and discounts when buying software at the time of purchase etc.

Or get your hopes up and picture yourself walking in with $600 and walking out with a new tablet/touch/updated MBP/with SSD and a cheese grater instead of an optical drive... I don't care.

California
Nov 20, 2007, 04:22 AM
Guys, what is this site all about?

Is it legit? 100 bucks off things in the Applestore?

http://www.mac-discounts.com/

rdowns
Nov 20, 2007, 04:34 AM
Guys, what is this site all about?

Is it legit? 100 bucks off things in the Applestore?

http://www.mac-discounts.com/

Come on, you know better. :rolleyes:

thworple
Nov 20, 2007, 04:42 AM
seems like the UK had one Dec. 1 last year

Yeah, we had one last year - usually falls a week or two behind the US one though.

This is the banner from last years email - suspect we Brits might receive a new one in the next week or so....

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/2424/picture1yk3.th.png (http://img254.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture1yk3.png)

snipes
Nov 20, 2007, 05:04 AM

This image is now displayed on the main Apple store page for the Canadian site.

BKKbill
Nov 20, 2007, 05:21 AM
I want mah aluminum keyboard! :eek:

Got mine and loving it.

Bear
Nov 20, 2007, 05:46 AM
doesnt say ANYTHING about a sale... Or sale prices. Just extended hours.The small print under the image in the email mentions the sale prices:

Shopping event is available only at the Apple Online Store on November 23 from 12:01 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. PST and at Apple Retail Stores. Check your local Apple Retail Store for special hours. Sale prices are limited to stock on hand and while supplies last.

Some products or promotions are not available outside the U.S.

nlivo
Nov 20, 2007, 05:48 AM
what the hell is the item in the bottom-right-hand corner of the "shopping bag"?? I just can't figure it out.

joeridgway
Nov 20, 2007, 05:52 AM
what the hell is the item in the bottom-right-hand corner of the "shopping bag"?? I just can't figure it out.

I think its a shuffle. correct me if im wrong.

twoodcc
Nov 20, 2007, 06:03 AM
i'm sure the discounts won't be that great, especially online. :rolleyes:

SciTeach
Nov 20, 2007, 06:47 AM
It will probably the same discounts (which isn't much), different year. I will be surprised if :apple: does anything spectacular.

I'll still check the sales though:p

genova35
Nov 20, 2007, 06:59 AM
Does anybody know if the discounts online will be the same as at the store.

akadmon
Nov 20, 2007, 07:01 AM
If it's any indication of what to expect, Circuit City is running a 2-day 5% off sale on iPods.

Meh.

Mac21ND
Nov 20, 2007, 07:05 AM

That's just what I was thinking when I saw the image in my email. They typically only discount home or consumer level items - all of which are pictured. Things like iPods, iMacs, and associated accessories.

Mac21ND
Nov 20, 2007, 07:06 AM
Does anybody know if the discounts online will be the same as at the store.

They have been in the past. Typically a certain dollar amount off Friday only - at least that's what I can remember.

pilotError
Nov 20, 2007, 07:07 AM
I still have to use my iPhone rebate coupons. Maybe I'll go get the kids a little something for the Holidays...

Teddy's
Nov 20, 2007, 07:10 AM

Weird, I thought this sale is in Canada on Boxing Day (day after Christmas)

Mac21ND
Nov 20, 2007, 07:10 AM
If it's any indication of what to expect, Circuit City is running a 2-day 5% off sale on iPods.

Meh.

I'm willing to bet Circuit City is eating that 5% off. Apple insist in certain prices and sales on iPods usually have to come out of the retailers bottom line. CC's trying to gain an edge over Best Buy, Walmart, Target, etc; who also sell iPods.

notjustjay
Nov 20, 2007, 07:29 AM

Nope, I don't think Apple Canada does anything specific for Boxing Day/Week (although resellers, like Future Shop, Best Buy, etc. might). I figure the US machine is gearing up for their big ol' Black Friday event, and it's easy to give Canada the "me too" treatment.

Lots of good stuff in the refurb store as of this morning.

Surely
Nov 20, 2007, 08:07 AM

No, this sale is everyday in Canada. Well sorta ;)

The only catch: you have to drive to an Apple Store in the US to buy something.

I bought a new SR MacBook two weeks ago in Buffalo, NY, when the dollar was around $1.08 US, and I saved over $300 CAD off of the Canadian Store price!:D

KindredMAC
Nov 20, 2007, 08:23 AM
Holy cow... do we have a lot of newbies in here this year for Thanksgiving?

Everyone that has been following the Apple Store for the last few years looks forward to Black Friday for the sales, albeit nothing too crazy, but still a nice discount to be able to warrant purchasing an Apple wireless keyboard and mouse that any other time of the year might seem a little too high.

Plus they always drop the MacBooks(iBooks in the past) and the iMacs by $101.

Last year my wife got me the BT keyboard, BT mighty mouse and COD 2. It was great to know that she got them at the discount!

This year I'm hoping for the following:
Leopard for $99
.Mac for the usual Black Friday $68
iLife for $49

Anyways, you can bet that I'm going to be waking up early, going to the Apple Store, making my shopping cart and then calling in my wife to hit "Purchase" and then MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ME FROM MY WIFE!!!!

rjphoto
Nov 20, 2007, 09:02 AM
Even 10% (or 5% for that matter) is good if it's on something you were going to buy anyway.

I'm planning on being at the shopping center early anyway... why not make the Apple Store the first stop...

SciTeach
Nov 20, 2007, 09:03 AM
Plus they always drop the MacBooks(iBooks in the past) and the iMacs by $101.

Good for those who don't get educational discounts already.....
Now if they COMBINED them:eek:

This year I'm hoping for the following:
Leopard for $99
.Mac for the usual Black Friday $68
iLife for $49

I might consider getting the .Mac (finally) at that price. It will be interesting to see what software they do put on discount. Maybe games games under $30:D:rolleyes:

dona83
Nov 20, 2007, 09:13 AM
They had the Black Friday sale in Canada last year as well, I picked up .Mac for $98 ($41 off) and iPod Radio remote for $48 ($11 off). Other notable discounts were $111 off the MacBook and iMac, $21 off iPod Nano, $31 off iPod. We don't know what this year's discounts will be though. They're modest discounts but an awesome gesture on Apple's part because they're the only retailer that offers anything of this sort in Canada. I may be flocking down to the states after work to do a bit of shopping.

djpanos
Nov 20, 2007, 09:15 AM
Offer applies for Canada too, I just received an email. :D

lunarworks
Nov 20, 2007, 09:16 AM

Gee, I wonder what the Canadian sale will be like...
Prices only moderately higher than the regular US price?

I'm gonna be in the states this weekend for Thanksgiving. If I can get a good deal there, I'm going with it.

number9
Nov 20, 2007, 09:40 AM
My father just told me that through his company's corporate employee purchasing program, Apple sent out an email with a link to their Apple store page.

The email says they are special 1-day discounts available Friday only. These might be a good indication of the normal retail discounts. here are some examples:

iPod nano 4GB: $140.00
iPod nano 8GB: $187.00
iPod classic 80GB/160GB: $234.00/$328.00
iPod Touch 8GB/16GB: $281.00/$375.00
iPhone: no discount, still $399
Mac mini from $536
iMac from $1,127
Mac Pro from $2,299
Macbook from $1,033
Macbook Pro from $1,839
Wireless mighty mouse $63
Wireless Apple Keyboard $73
Apple TV from $281

Haven't really looked at the non-apple prices, but the apple discounts, especially the iPod ones, seem ok, and if applicable to the normal retail discounts, would be worth buying them online or making a trip to an Apple store if you had planned on getting something anyway.

notjustjay
Nov 20, 2007, 09:46 AM
Gee, I wonder what the Canadian sale will be like...
Prices only moderately higher than the regular US price?

Yeah. Even "Prices at Par!" would be considered a pretty good sale.

whiteyanderson
Nov 20, 2007, 09:48 AM
wow. i just bought my wife a 20" iMac for xmas last night online from apple store. i was worried that if they had a friday sale they might run low on stock so i pulled the trigger early just in case. what do you think the chances are that apple would credit me the difference? any little bit helps.

ps- we will be totally MS free in our house! :)

ironring2006
Nov 20, 2007, 09:50 AM
My father just told me that through his company's corporate employee purchasing program, Apple sent out an email with a link to their Apple store page.

The email says they are special 1-day discounts available Friday only. These might be a good indication of the normal retail discounts. here are some examples:

Mac mini from $536
iMac from $1,127
Mac Pro from $2,299
Macbook from $1,033
Macbook Pro from $1,839
Apple TV from $281

Haven't really looked at the non-apple prices, but the apple discounts, especially the iPod ones, seem ok, and if applicable to the normal retail discounts, would be worth buying them online or making a trip to an Apple store if you had planned on getting something anyway.

I was kind of hoping to use this sale to finally pick up the new wireless keyboard that I've been pining for, but it that is the discount price, it still doesn't beat the edu discount. I've also been holding out for a Mini, but the refurb prices are still the best deal.

ironring2006
Nov 20, 2007, 09:53 AM
wow. i just bought my wife a 20" iMac for xmas last night online from apple store. i was worried that if they had a friday sale they might run low on stock so i pulled the trigger early just in case. what do you think the chances are that apple would credit me the difference? any little bit helps.

ps- we will be totally MS free in our house! :)
If it hasn't shipped yet, I would cancel your order if you can. I highly doubt they will be low on stock and if you order on Friday you'll still get it in plenty of time for Christmas.

jayhawk11
Nov 20, 2007, 09:56 AM

Mac mini from $536
iMac from $1,127
Mac Pro from $2,299
Macbook from $1,033
Macbook Pro from $1,839
Apple TV from $281

I don't know who your dad works for, but those are the standard everyday prices through the Best Buy employee purchase site. The touch has been $281/$375 since launch. So I don't know if he's actually getting a deal there.

whiteyanderson
If it hasn't shipped yet, I would cancel your order if you can. I highly doubt they will be low on stock and if you order on Friday you'll still get it in plenty of time for Christmas.

already shipped, i like to get my xmas shopping done as early as possible and recover from the hit to my checking account as fast as i can. oh well, still i'll call them and see if i can get a partial refund or maybe a store credit. i've spent about $4500 on apple computer gear in the last 6 months which may help my argument.

Eärendil
Hey now Mexico has its own apple store, and the prices are about the same as in the us. besides, theresr this weird contest in order to win a new macbook or an ipod nano.

the good thing is that almost no one knows there is an online apple store in mexico (because it opened yesterday)...... so lets hope i get the macbook.

: )

Chupa Chupa
Anyone know if you buy today or tomorrow if they will do a price adjust on Friday?

jeff^d
Nov 20, 2007, 09:57 AM
Does anyone know if the Black Friday discounts will be in addition to the existing Apple discounts (Education, Government, etc)? I'm planning to buy a MacBook Pro either this Friday, or in January pending the update.

If January, I'll either buy the updated version, or the discounted old version, depending on the magnitude of the upgrade. I know it's only ~2 more months, but wow, I'm anxious. This'll be my first Mac, been looking for 4+ years :)

ziwi
Nov 20, 2007, 10:13 AM

Mac mini from $536
iMac from $1,127
Mac Pro from $2,299
Macbook from $1,033
Macbook Pro from $1,839
Apple TV from $281

Nothing special hee these are the regualr company discounts...now if by some chance they were lower than that on Friday then it is a decent deal...

minik
Nov 20, 2007, 10:50 AM
Anyone know if you buy today or tomorrow if they will do a price adjust on Friday?

I don't think so.

Polo2883
Nov 20, 2007, 10:59 AM
If this years black friday deal is the same off as last year and they allow me to get it with the student discount I would be the first in the store. But from what I have read they didn't do that last year.

Right now I have it back ordered through Amazon for 1399.99 after rebates
If I went to the apple store it would cost be 1399 + tax

If the black friday day allows to be combined with the student discount then the cost of the black macbook would be 1298 + tax. (given if its the same discount as last year.)

johnmcboston
Nov 20, 2007, 11:26 AM

Hmmm. When is a discount not a discount? S spot check on something that might interest me. the 8GB nanos are $179 on amazon, no tax, no shipping. SO were this the store sale price, it's no great sale...

KindredMAC
Nov 20, 2007, 11:29 AM
i've spent about $4500 on apple computer gear in the last 6 months which may help my argument.
Don't bet on that. That's small potatoes in the graphic business and for some others on here. That amount is how much a graphic designer would spend on a good mac pro and a 30" cinema display.

shuffles
Nov 20, 2007, 11:38 AM
Hey, im from ireland and i got an email as well from apple about the sale on friday. Does this mean the irish store will get the sale as well or did they just send me an email because im on their mailing list?

mwp98223
Nov 20, 2007, 11:40 AM
I was kind of hoping to use this sale to finally pick up the new wireless keyboard that I've been pining for, but it that is the discount price, it still doesn't beat the edu discount. I've also been holding out for a Mini, but the refurb prices are still the best deal.

I don't see and EDU discount for the keyboard. Is that in your campus store?

uNext
Nov 20, 2007, 11:43 AM
already shipped, i like to get my xmas shopping done as early as possible and recover from the hit to my checking account as fast as i can. oh well, still i'll call them and see if i can get a partial refund or maybe a store credit. i've spent about $4500 on apple computer gear in the last 6 months which may help my argument.

I doubt you will get any type of refund.
I have spent like 19k on apple gear this year and they
completely denied me a refund for the diffrence on the iphone back when it was lowered i missed the deadline by 1 day and my local store did not budge. keep in mind i pay with a credit card so it can be recorded they saw m yaccount and all the purchases and still did not help the cause.

JimAtLaw
Nov 20, 2007, 11:48 AM
Now if only they'd announce the Penryn units today or tomorrow, in time for the sale...

primadiva
Nov 20, 2007, 11:50 AM
Have not seen this in any of the responses (tho admittedly, have still not gotten to the end.) Not sure if they will combine this w/ Black Friday or not, but here's another way to get a discount IF you're spendin over $1k, which is easy to do ... :D

it's thru Apple Biz

primadiva
Nov 20, 2007, 12:23 PM
Went by the apple store in NYC on Sunday, manager denied that there would be a sale... then they send this out! When I asked about previous years, she in the whole time she's worked there, which was since it opened, they never did anything more than $10 off .mac or the like. Humph

Antares
Nov 20, 2007, 12:40 PM
I can't wait to see what kind of deals Apple has on Friday! :)

macenforcer
Nov 20, 2007, 12:46 PM
LAME! Macconnection has better deals everyday.

Polo2883
Nov 20, 2007, 12:49 PM
macconnection also has taxes where macmall and amazon dont

ironring2006
Nov 20, 2007, 01:47 PM
I don't see and EDU discount for the keyboard. Is that in your campus store?

Yeah, through my campus Uni store (here in Canada) I see $71 CAD for the wireless keyboard (regular $79).

HowEver
Nov 20, 2007, 02:22 PM
Bring on the infinitesimal Canadian discounts!

Thrawn
Nov 20, 2007, 02:52 PM
Does anyone know if apple ressellers will have the Black Friday discount?

aaquib
Nov 20, 2007, 02:59 PM
Man, I hope they have an 8gb iPod Touch on sale. $280 and Ill have to think about it, but $250 and Im in line.

jeremytehjerk
Nov 20, 2007, 03:36 PM
My guess is that the iPod touch sees a discount or package or something front page worthy of their thanksgiving store but iPhone will be nothing or very small, or the minimal amount off to even be considered a discount.

the iPhone has been overachieving since they put the big price cut on it and has become the new 'phone to have' in probably every demographic. whereas the ipod touch seems to be way underachieving for the level of commercials advertising apple has done trying to make it seem like a big new, must have change to their ipod line. getting some more of the ipod touchs out there would certainly not hurt apple in making sure this product stays differentiated from the iPhone cause right now I hear the word iPhone probably a half dozen times a day and never hear anyone mention the iPod touch.

pkearn95
Nov 20, 2007, 04:47 PM
The email and website say to see a store (like a physical one) for price details. Has anyone been into one today??

I'm sure any deal won't be that great. In MA you still have to pay tax and you could just drive to NH and save money that way which is what I did for my iPhone. So if there is any kind of deal I'm sure (at least here in MA) it will just come out to not paying taxes which still isn't that all that bad a deal, but no different than taking a little trip to NH.

brew4
Nov 20, 2007, 05:03 PM
Can anyone say if the Black Friday discounts in the past have been combinable with or better than the regular education discounts on laptops (I'm thinking about MacBook or MBP)? I'm at the point of buying something and want to know whether or not to bother. There is no way I'm actually going to go to a store on Friday because I just can't deal with the crowds, but I would consider buying on-line that day (or before).

alljunks
Nov 20, 2007, 05:17 PM
hope to see some big savings like every other retailer doing..

layzntired
Nov 20, 2007, 05:56 PM
Can anyone say if the Black Friday discounts in the past have been combinable with or better than the regular education discounts on laptops (I'm thinking about MacBook or MBP)? I'm at the point of buying something and want to know whether or not to bother. There is no way I'm actually going to go to a store on Friday because I just can't deal with the crowds, but I would consider buying on-line that day (or before).

This is the same dilemma I'm facing. I went to the store to try to have them give more info, but they wouldn't give me any additional info. They said -- with it being so close why don't you just wait for the sales on Friday.

So I guess I have the same question... does anyone know if there will be any additional discounts on top of the education discount?

macenforcer
Nov 20, 2007, 06:07 PM
macconnection also has taxes where macmall and amazon dont

Only because you live in their state. No taxes for me.

happydude
Nov 20, 2007, 06:54 PM
just convinced sister and best friend to buy an imac and now with the black friday promotion, good timing!! apple, where's my commission?!:rolleyes:

happydude
Nov 20, 2007, 06:58 PM
Tablet with removable keyboard. I think I'll have to wait

waiting . . . waiting . . . waiting . . .

ivan1234
Nov 20, 2007, 07:37 PM
I wonder if there is a similar promo for Canadians?

MacBlackBook22
Nov 20, 2007, 07:46 PM

I am in Canada and I got the apple email and it said at the bottom that some items are not available outside of Canada so it was specific to Canadian apple customers :apple::apple::apple:

MacBlackBook22
Nov 20, 2007, 07:48 PM
Yeah, through my campus Uni store (here in Canada) I see $71 CAD for the wireless keyboard (regular $79).

That has always been the educational price in Canada I got mine at that price last month when they finally started shipping them out.

joejoejoe
Nov 20, 2007, 10:39 PM
HELLO TARGET AD

GoCubsGo
Nov 20, 2007, 10:54 PM
No
Nope. US only:

Right because in the UK the whole pilgrim + discover + America = fighting for food or whatever doesn't register.
I was in the UK this time last year and I happily had fish and chips for supper. :)

MacinDoc
Nov 20, 2007, 10:59 PM
I'm ready.

macken
Nov 21, 2007, 12:12 AM
I posted this elsewhere on MacRumors and I think this is relevant to the discussion. Of course, this EPP email seems to be contradicted by the general apple email sent out to many apple customers (including me) in the last 24 hours. Perhaps the combination of discounts only applies to the online stores (and not in Brick and Mortar locations)?

Black Friday and EPP Store
The government agency I work yesterday (Thursday 11/15) posted an Apple flyer on our intranet site for the Black Friday sale starting at 12:01 am PST to 11:59 pm on Friday 11/23. The flyer said that the sale would be "Online Only" and according to our HR folks you can combine the traditional EPP discount and the black friday savings. No specifics were given on product discounts but I would expect they would be similar to last year's discounts posted above.

queshy
Nov 21, 2007, 12:29 AM
Nice, it is in Canada, too, I Just got the email!

~David
Nov 21, 2007, 12:35 AM
I swear to God... If the new MacBook goes on sale for any more than $100, I'm going to be furious.

BiikeMike
Nov 21, 2007, 01:03 AM
HELLO TARGET AD

Yeah, no kidding!

I think black Friday is the most ridiculous thing ever. I can't stand going into any store between Thanksgiving and Christmas!

I'll be at the top of a mountain, skiing, away from stores and cell phones on Friday if anyone needs me...:D

Loudwater
Nov 21, 2007, 03:27 AM
I need iWork and a Mighty Mouse (maybe), but I don't see they will give me too much discount on those. I'll check it on Friday anyways...

California
Nov 21, 2007, 04:45 AM
Come on, you know better. :rolleyes:

Actually i misread the ad. So I didn't know better...

idesign245
Nov 21, 2007, 07:58 AM
Someone already asked this question but no one answered them, so I'll try it...

Does anyone know if you can get the sale on top of the educational discount, or gift cards?

I was planning on buying my iMac on the 1st of December, but if I can get an additional $100 the price with the educational discount, my $100 gift card and my 10% off card, I'll be laughing!

macridah
Nov 21, 2007, 09:16 AM
Can you get whatever discount on the online store, too? or just at an Apple store.

I want to get an iPod Touch with engraving ...

nvbrit
Nov 21, 2007, 11:28 AM

It's US only becuase there is no Thanksgiving in the UK, thus no 'Black Friday' in the UK. THe after Christmas January sales are the big sale time in the UK

idesign245
Nov 21, 2007, 11:31 AM
It's US only becuase there is no Thanksgiving in the UK, thus no 'Black Friday' in the UK. THe after Christmas January sales are the big sale time in the UK

Its not US only... we're having it up in Canada too and our Thanksgiving was in October.

As for combining the educational discount with the sales discount, I phoned my local Apple store and its a no go. They wouldn't tell me what the discounts on iMacs are going to be, if any.

layzntired
Nov 21, 2007, 11:58 AM
Its not US only... we're having it up in Canada too and our Thanksgiving was in October.

As for combining the educational discount with the sales discount, I phoned my local Apple store and its a no go. They wouldn't tell me what the discounts on iMacs are going to be, if any.

I can't believe were two days away and there haven't been any 'leaks'. You'd think by now there'd be something?

Wouldn't you want to generate a buzz for more sales? Does Apple think that it's not worth the investment to give more info so people can start prepping up and/or saving for that? The brick and mortar stores have already released most of their ads for Black Friday.

:confused:

Gizwald
Nov 21, 2007, 01:48 PM
Why would Apple have a sale on Buy Nothing Day (http://adbusters.org/metas/eco/bnd/)? That makes no sense. What good is a sale if nobody can buy anything?

idesign245
Nov 21, 2007, 01:51 PM
Why would Apple have a sale on Buy Nothing Day (http://adbusters.org/metas/eco/bnd/)? That makes no sense. What good is a sale if nobody can buy anything?

Its not like the buy nothing day is mandatory...

TurboSC
Nov 21, 2007, 03:00 PM
I'm just waiting patiently for Apple to release a damn catalog or list of what's going on sale... I have nothing to spend my money on :(

minik
Nov 21, 2007, 05:57 PM

I take this as a joke.

dparkinson
Nov 21, 2007, 09:11 PM
I'm just waiting patiently for Apple to release a damn catalog or list of what's going on sale... I have nothing to spend my money on :(

Me too. Best Buy already released their list, but no apple things in it. Does anyone know if the apple discount prices for black friday apply to the apple mini store inside Best Buys?

tennez
Nov 21, 2007, 09:27 PM
I dont think so...

Thertel88
Nov 22, 2007, 12:29 AM
Either there will be big sales OR the iPhone will be discounted because Apple usually doesnt keep the black friday products a secret

dr427
Nov 22, 2007, 10:19 AM
Compusa Ad might be indicitive of what to expect on iMac's and Books. They show regular prices with a disclaimer "Before 5% discount", so I would guess if Compusa is going to do a 5% off Apple is going to do the same. My hypothesis anyways. :rolleyes:

PaulinMaryland
Nov 22, 2007, 10:33 AM

Canucks have Thanksgiving? What have you got to be thankful for? You're not Amurrrcans! Never mind, I just answered my own question. :)

Chupa Chupa
Nov 22, 2007, 12:45 PM

doesnt say ANYTHING about a sale... Or sale prices. Just extended hours.

"Don't Miss Our One-Day Shopping Event."

I think a reasonable person can infer from the ad + past history that there will be special pricing. Extended hours alone do not make for an "event."

lord patton
Nov 22, 2007, 12:56 PM
iWork and AEBS are mine if the price is right... maybe I could hope for $25 off total...

...maybe I'll stay home.

TurboSC
Nov 22, 2007, 02:17 PM
hahah maybe it's finally time to use that $100 gift card from my iPhone :P

zerocustom1989
Nov 22, 2007, 08:15 PM
Will the online store also have the discounted prices?

Also, are the mighty mice decent mice? i may get one of those if it's discounted.

dannyar
Nov 22, 2007, 08:35 PM
i hope its worthwhile my time

pup975
Nov 22, 2007, 08:57 PM
Someone already asked this question but no one answered them, so I'll try it...

Does anyone know if you can get the sale on top of the educational discount, or gift cards?

I was planning on buying my iMac on the 1st of December, but if I can get an additional $100 the price with the educational discount, my $100 gift card and my 10% off card, I'll be laughing!

Last year you could not get both the education discount and the BF discount. I'm assuming it will be the same this year.

uNext
Nov 22, 2007, 10:58 PM
BLack friday should be national free tax day....if you guys havent noticed yet the sale price is minus the tax most of the times, but during checkout when tax is added it almost goes back regular price without the tax...companies just play circles around sheeps..and if you dont understand what i just said....then wise up...but thats their whole intention.

I doubt apple will have anything worth me buying i mean, this is the ocmpany that never drop their prices on computers even if the hardware is extremely cheap and outdated they still charge you retail for last years harwdware today:rolleyes:

Ilife 08, iwork 08 etc i know many places you can get them at "BLACK FRIDAY SALE PRICE" Throught the year..... is all a scam....
L

dbernie41
Nov 22, 2007, 11:06 PM
It's 12:06 and the website hasnt changed.

johnmcboston
Nov 22, 2007, 11:06 PM
BLack friday should be national free tax day....if you guys havent noticed yet the sale price is minus the tax most of the times, but during checkout when tax is added it almost goes back regular price without the tax...companies just play circles around sheeps..and if you dont understand what i just said....then wise up...but thats their whole intention.

their intention is to get us spending money on things we don't need, and thanking them for it...

flopticalcube
Nov 22, 2007, 11:08 PM

PST, not EST.

nakile
Nov 22, 2007, 11:09 PM
It's still 9:00 in California. ;)

~David
Nov 22, 2007, 11:09 PM

It says at the bottom of the site:

"*Shopping event is available only at the Apple Online Store on Friday, November 23, 2007, from 12:01 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. PST and at Apple Retail Stores. Check your local Apple Retail Store for special hours. Sale prices are available while supplies last."

That means 3:01AM EST ;)

dbernie41
Nov 22, 2007, 11:10 PM
wow... screw pacific time. I want to buy my MBP and sleep.

Guess I will watch a movie or something. See you guys at 3!

davidd2324
Nov 22, 2007, 11:19 PM
wow i wish i would of known this i would of taken a much needed nap. setting my alarm clock for 2:50 am lol

reemas
Nov 22, 2007, 11:39 PM
will the store have different items / sales than the online site? (like overstock store items?) was this done last year?

Onishenko
Nov 22, 2007, 11:39 PM
hmmm.... 2 hrs. and 20 min more? Do I go to bed and try in the morning or stay up?

I think I'm leaning towards the first choice. Here's hoping for a more than $100 off an iMac.

iCube
Nov 22, 2007, 11:41 PM
I'm on the East Coast and did the same at 12:01!!

Alright, it's prediction time!

I'm thinking discounts on iPod Touch and Mac Mini :rolleyes:

Hopefully, then I'll buy one of each!

tingly
Nov 22, 2007, 11:47 PM
It started about 40 minutes early last year.

iCube
Nov 22, 2007, 11:57 PM
I have tried to use Windows Media Player and I threw up.

That is the best signature in cyberspace!!! ;)

pacohaas
Nov 23, 2007, 12:05 AM

1. Stores could care less what you pay for taxes. They have to turn around and hand that to the taxing body(state and/or county). Saying that they are just trying to circumvent taxes is ignorant.

2. If you haven't noticed, taxes vary by location and some states don't even have sales tax which would make your "national free tax day" pretty lame in those states.

A deal is a deal. If you were thinking about a new purchase, this may just tip the scales and you have at least some satisfaction at getting a better deal than another day this season.

dbernie41
Nov 23, 2007, 12:08 AM
im hoping for discounts on MBP since the MB's were just updated and the pros will be in not tooooo long... and hopefully a discount on final cut studio cuz thats what i need!

arn
Nov 23, 2007, 12:15 AM
nyc's apple store is reportedly open and selling. anyone there?

arn

4God
Nov 23, 2007, 12:34 AM
nyc's apple store is reportedly open and selling. anyone there?

arn

I was wondering the same thing. I hope there's better deals than last year. If anybody's at the NYC store, please post the deals. :)

Deefuzz
Nov 23, 2007, 12:40 AM
Well looks like the online store just went down, got the whole "be back soon" message.

CKtoph
Nov 23, 2007, 12:42 AM
I just got off the phone with someone at the NYC - 5th Avenue store.

- The Black Friday promotions are going from Midnight to Midnight (EST).
- And iPhones are NOT on sale this year due to the recent price drop...

tingly
Nov 23, 2007, 12:42 AM
Last year it took around 20 minutes to come back up, then no discounts appeared til around 11:20.

mrkramer
Nov 23, 2007, 01:02 AM
I hope that there is a good deal on the minis that I can afford, since I want one of those.

iliketomac
Nov 23, 2007, 01:10 AM
I just got off the phone with someone at the NYC - 5th Avenue store.
- The Black Friday promotions are going from Midnight to Midnight (EST).
- And iPhones are NOT on sale this year due to the recent price drop...

Just got off the phone with someone also at the Apple Store on Fifth Ave. - New York, (212) 336-1440.

Bummer, this is like last year... only the MacBooks and Imacs are on sale with up to $101 off (cannot combine with edu discount according to him). iPod Touch and iPhone are NOT on sale. Only the Nanos and Classics - minimal too - up to 10% off. :( He also said the Airport Extreme BS and Express are both on sale too... Just call that number and dial extension 5 so you get a live person right away... and you can ask him for more prices on sale.

steinlager
Nov 23, 2007, 01:14 AM
What other accessories are on sale? I'm thinking of getting a Magsafe Airline Adapter.. hopefully that'll go down maybe 5 or 10. Is that possible?

I'm a new Mac converter and have no idea how these sales work.

ceiph
Nov 23, 2007, 01:15 AM
aww that sounds mediocre... ah well a wireless keyboard could make me getting no sleep worth it

zerocustom1989
Nov 23, 2007, 01:22 AM
Are mighty Mice on sale?

Zwhaler
Nov 23, 2007, 01:36 AM
Store down. Who else is going to buy tons of stuff tomorrow? I know I am

aaquib
Nov 23, 2007, 01:50 AM
Just got off the phone with someone also at the Apple Store on Fifth Ave. - New York, (212) 336-1440.

Bummer, this is like last year... only the MacBooks and Imacs are on sale with up to $101 off (cannot combine with edu discount according to him). iPod Touch and iPhone are NOT on sale. Only the Nanos and Classics - minimal too - up to 10% off. :( He also said the Airport Extreme BS and Express are both on sale too... Just call that number and dial extension 5 so you get a live person right away... and you can ask him for more prices on sale.

No sales on iPod Touch?!!? Aw, wtf man! I don't know why Apple ever puts it on sale, I mean, it's already pretty overpriced.

dbernie41
Nov 23, 2007, 02:04 AM

It better be more than stuff than that.

ceiph
Nov 23, 2007, 02:06 AM
ok apple its pastmidnight and im sleepy!

dbernie41
Nov 23, 2007, 02:07 AM
NOW its 12:06 PST and I just woke up and every minute i sit here with supposively disappointing sale items is making me ready to hop back into bed.

tricil
Nov 23, 2007, 02:08 AM

for realz....

macbookguy
Nov 23, 2007, 02:09 AM
Maybe they're trying to make up for last year's 40-minute-early goof :p

TurboSC
Nov 23, 2007, 02:10 AM
store's down for updating. much excitement is building. :D:D:D

zerocustom1989
Nov 23, 2007, 02:10 AM
bah, the guy that was supposed to hit the switch probably fell asleep.

seamuskrat
Nov 23, 2007, 02:11 AM
did the webmaster fall asleep?

dbernie41
Nov 23, 2007, 02:12 AM
well im going to go lay down for 10 minutes... hope i get back up!

aaquib
bah, the guy that was supposed to hit the switch probably fell asleep.

Lol! Dam, it's 3:12am EST and I am TIRED. Please, Apple, make it worthwhile!

paintballer
Ugh, I can't wait. I'm probably going to buy a maxxed out MacBook. Its twelve minutes late though. :/

kutrack1
uggg enough waiting its 2:15 here and i have to work open for black friday at my job in like 3 hours

rogXue
Nov 23, 2007, 02:13 AM

It's past 2am here....

Galaxius
Nov 23, 2007, 02:13 AM
Shame on Apple being a few minutes late :P

Loudwater
Nov 23, 2007, 02:14 AM
Store's being updated... (Canada)

ceiph
Nov 23, 2007, 02:14 AM
oh if this was a brick and mortar store you know wed be pushing in by now with out lil riot.... hehe

tricil
Nov 23, 2007, 02:16 AM

lol, yes.

macbookguy
Nov 23, 2007, 02:16 AM
I'm giving 'em 'till 3:30 (EST). After that, I need sleep... got to drive up to Detroit in the morning... errr... later in the morning ;-)

TheBonk
Nov 23, 2007, 02:17 AM

I betcha Steve's gonna fire him. :p

mms6f
The flyer says 12:01am PST....

it's 12:17am PST.....

why is the online store still down?!

pjarvi
Damn, the Turkey must've made him sleepy. Note to Apple: hire a vegetarian webmaster.

dbernie41
Nov 23, 2007, 02:18 AM
bed time for me. it was still be friday when i wake up so im just gonna go to bed. hope they have some good stuff!

vwcruisn
zzzzzzz

CKtoph
All reports from the NYC store are pretty disappointing so far. You can get a better price with an education discount which isn't too hard to find a friend that's eligible if you aren't already.

I was also hoping for a big one-day rush sale on iPhones. Oh well...I'll probably end up buying the phone anyway :p

bov
Nov 23, 2007, 02:19 AM
they better give us something good for all this waiting.. sheesh

kutrack1
Nov 23, 2007, 02:20 AM
i would buy the phone in a heartbeat tonight if i wasnt so concerned with getting it to work with t-mobile. i have a friend who has done it successfully but i dunno its a big risk imo.

reemas
Nov 23, 2007, 02:20 AM
you can probably buy these SALE items year round at amazon.com and not pay tax and it'll cost less than it will tonight on apple.

i bet the webmaster is doing us all a favor anyways.

thewildleo
Nov 23, 2007, 02:22 AM
man...its 320 am est and nothing yet

if the edu discount cannot be combined then is this deal still better than the edu discount only ?

vwcruisn
"12:01?"

DonWilson
:22 and counting.............

CKtoph
Nov 23, 2007, 02:23 AM
i would buy the phone in a heartbeat tonight if i wasnt so concerned with getting it to work with t-mobile. i have a friend who has done it successfully but i dunno its a big risk imo.

I agree. I already have AT&T, but I'm really torn about jailbreaking it. For the most part it seems relatively safe to jailbreak for apps, but I'm still worried about bricking it.

Anyway, sucks for Apple though, I might've even been convinced enough to buy both an iPhone and a Macbook Pro if the sales were decent enough and worth the trouble.

EDIT/ADDED:

man...its 320 am est and nothing yet

if the edu discount cannot be combined then is this deal still better than the edu discount only ?

My affiliation with a university can get me a MacBook Pro (15-inch 2.2GHz Core 2 Duo) at a $260 discount which is a ton better than the rumors of $100 off =/

jonswan
Nov 23, 2007, 02:26 AM
Ready steady shop - or not, in Japan, as this offer does not apply here. What a crock.

Galaxius
Nov 23, 2007, 02:26 AM
Maybe they forgot to set it to daylights saving time so it'll happen at 1:01 pst :p

aaquib
Nov 23, 2007, 02:27 AM
I think Apple will open the Store at 12;40pst to make up for last year's embarassment.

steinlager
Nov 23, 2007, 02:27 AM
Maybe they forgot to set it to daylights saving time so it'll happen at 1:01 pst :p

i really hope i don't have to wait another hour.

macbookguy
Nov 23, 2007, 02:28 AM
:22 and counting.............

Well... at least it's not one of those doorbuster deals where the first X number of customers get something free or a bigger discount...

I'm headed off to bed now with visions of iPods dancing in my head. Perhaps Apple miscalculated midnight PST and accidently hit for Alaskan time... ;-)

Nite all :-)

TurboSC
Nov 23, 2007, 02:28 AM
I think Apple will open the Store at 12;40pst to make up for last year's embarassment.

sneaky Apple. You're losing valuable monies. I think if they wanted to be clever ike that they would have put 12:41am on the flyer to get a few smiles.

DonWilson
Nov 23, 2007, 02:30 AM
sneaky Apple. You're losing valuable monies. I think if they wanted to be clever ike that they would have put 12:41am on the flyer to get a few smiles.

:D

thewildleo
Nov 23, 2007, 02:30 AM
the anticipation makes it seem better eh

CKtoph
Nov 23, 2007, 02:31 AM
This is bad...

I don't even own an actual mac yet other than a new generation iPod, yet I'm already obsessed about getting a new phone and a Macbook Pro :p

The mac-obsession has fully sunk in me-thinks.

aaquib
Nov 23, 2007, 02:32 AM
OMG Im going to be really pissed it there are no Touch's on sale. 31 minutes later, and no sign of the Store coming back. Sheesh, they should atleast tell us the sales prior to the sale starting, so we know if it's a waste of our time our not.

thewildleo
Nov 23, 2007, 02:32 AM
is their entire online shopping system centralized ?

CKtoph
Nov 23, 2007, 02:33 AM
OMG Im going to be really pissed it there are no Touch's on sale. 31 minutes later, and no sign of the Store coming back. Sheesh, they should atleast tell us the sales prior to the sale starting, so we know if it's a waste of our time our not.

Word from NYC is that iPod touch and iPhone are both not on sale this year. I don't know if it's plausible to think that they'd offer anything different online :(

kutrack1
Nov 23, 2007, 02:34 AM
I agree. I already have AT&T, but I'm really torn about jailbreaking it. For the most part it seems relatively safe to jailbreak for apps, but I'm still worried about bricking it.

Anyway, sucks for Apple though, I might've even been convinced enough to buy both an iPhone and a Macbook Pro if the sales were decent enough and worth the trouble.

EDIT/ADDED:

My affiliation with a university can get me a MacBook Pro (15-inch 2.2GHz Core 2 Duo) at a $260 discount which is a ton better than the rumors of $100 off =/

so you would be jailbreaking it just to ad apps?

i just dont want to spend $400 and one small thing go wrong and i have a useless 400 item. I also have grown to like t-mobile a lot more than when i had sprint so spending $200 to get out of the t-mobile contract to go to AT&T doesnt seem smart either lol.

DonWilson
Nov 23, 2007, 02:35 AM
Just made my first BF purchase.... Apple, you could've had that $41.05 ;)

TurboSC
Nov 23, 2007, 02:36 AM

the smart thing for Apple to do is to create more media buzz by putting the iPhone and iPod Touch on sale for Black Friday. This will generate enough buzz to start a shopping frenzy.

DonWilson
Nov 23, 2007, 02:37 AM
Wow...... :36.....

CKtoph
so you would be jailbreaking it just to ad apps?

i just dont want to spend $400 and one small thing go wrong and i have a useless 400 item. I also have grown to like t-mobile a lot more than when i had sprint so spending $200 to get out of the t-mobile contract to go to AT&T doesnt seem smart either lol.

Yea, overall doesn't seem worth the risk to even bother jailbreaking it I guess. Only thing is that I can't seem to find a report of someone bricking their phone from only jailbreaking. All the people who have had problems so far seem to have gotten it from unlocking the phone to use with other networks.

I guess I'm just trying to find a justification to convince myself it'll be ok :p

Galaxius
the smart thing for Apple to do is to create more media buzz by putting the iPhone and iPod Touch on sale for Black Friday. This will generate enough buzz to start a shopping frenzy.

As well as more lawsuits :p.

If they go 40 minutes later to counteract last year then 4 minutes, otherwise I think it'll be at 1:01pst.

kutrack1
Nov 23, 2007, 02:38 AM
im hardcore thinking about the touch because of what was discussed above about the iphone and tmobile, but i dont need the touch really with my macbook for internet, i dunno but i need to replace my aging 30GB.

whynot83706
Nov 23, 2007, 02:39 AM
On average how long is store down when they are doing updates like this....?

kutrack1
Nov 23, 2007, 02:39 AM
Yea, overall doesn't seem worth the risk to even bother jailbreaking it I guess. Only thing is that I can't seem to find a report of someone bricking their phone from only jailbreaking. All the people who have had problems so far seem to have gotten it from unlocking the phone to use with other networks.

I guess I'm just trying to find a justification to convince myself it'll be ok :p

see but since you already have the provider wait a few months then they are going to open up for more 3rd party applications anyways if i have been hearing the buzz correctly. so then you could add 3rd party things without the worry.

seamuskrat
Nov 23, 2007, 02:40 AM
1. Steve is there doing very Santa like price cuts.
2. Oddly making up last years 40 minutes

ceiph
apple is breaking my heart by killing my sleep!

TurboSC
On average how long is store down when they are doing updates like this....?

someone with knowledge please answer this man's question! :D

aaquib
**** this, Ill be back at 4. Good advertising Apple, you cheap loafts!

kutrack1
Nov 23, 2007, 02:41 AM

honestly i dont think anyone knows its all a guessing game. they might just be behind on changing the scripts on the website. there is a lot more that probably needs to be changed on a website like that with multiple discounts that most people think it just takes time.

ceiph

the store has been down for almost an hour and half.... last year it was down 20 min...

seamuskrat
OK, so not the 40 minute thing

TheBonk
Nov 23, 2007, 02:42 AM
Store is up, don't see discounted prices...

DonWilson
Its Up!

CKtoph
Store is up at 3:41am EST.

(Hilarious, they really did decide to make up for opening 40 minutes early last year. ROFL!)

pjarvi
Store's up

Galaxius
Whoops theres a link on the side

MacAngel40
store is up!

TurboSC
Nov 23, 2007, 02:43 AM
Its Up!! Ahh

thewildleo
nothing extraordinary

DonWilson
Wow, that was disappointing...

No Touches, iPhones on sale. No Pros. Mediocre as last year.

rogXue
wow that's not a kick in the crotch... these sales suck. thanks for wasting an hour of my sleep for this crap apple...

tingly
Nov 23, 2007, 02:44 AM
Earlier this year for one of the product intros, they had a really long pause between the end of the press event/keynote and the store coming back. It was really buggy, so they had to take it down again for awhile. Wonder if it's a similar thing, maybe a more complex system like someone said above.

ceiph
Nov 23, 2007, 02:44 AM
wow that's not a kick in the crotch... these sales suck. thanks for wasting an hour of my sleep for this crap apple...

2nd!

CKtoph
Nov 23, 2007, 02:45 AM
The sale is pretty much identical to last year's Black Friday sale. $31 off iPod nano, $101 off Macbooks, etc.

:rolleyes: Noone else noticed the opening at :41? Coincidence? I think not!

TurboSC
very disappointing... yikes... Prepare for backlash in 3..2..

tricil
hahah it DID take 40 minutes

kutrack1
Nov 23, 2007, 02:46 AM
its up!!!!!!

aznkid25
Nov 23, 2007, 02:47 AM
If people are looking for a discounted ipod touch, its $10 at circuit city.

whynot83706
Nov 23, 2007, 02:47 AM
the store has been down for almost an hour and half.... last year it was down 20 min...

Thanks.....this may not be such a bad category to tract....how long was Apple Store down...lol

uNext
Nov 23, 2007, 02:48 AM
Like i figured...if it wasnt for apples awesome design i would so hate this company...

feel sorry for the people braking night to be disappointed by this lame sale.

move on nothing to see......

whynot83706
Nov 23, 2007, 02:48 AM
honestly i dont think anyone knows its all a guessing game. they might just be behind on changing the scripts on the website. there is a lot more that probably needs to be changed on a website like that with multiple discounts that most people think it just takes time.

BUt this is something they have been preparing for the some time now....its not like they are starting now....

arn
Nov 23, 2007, 02:50 AM
New story on Apple discounts, and other Mac discounts available.

http://www.macrumors.com/2007/11/21/apple-and-others-black-friday-2007-sales-prices-and-links/

arn

whynot83706
Nov 23, 2007, 02:50 AM
Wow, that was disappointing...

No Touches, iPhones on sale. No Pros. Mediocre as last year.

WoW and I did wait this long to see.......jack

paintballer
Nov 23, 2007, 02:53 AM
You save more with the education discount. :(

surferchick2
Nov 23, 2007, 02:55 AM
oops.

surferchick2
Nov 23, 2007, 02:58 AM
I wanted an iphone (which i didn't have high hopes for going on sale anyway), but also some shuffles for gifts, and possibly a macbook. I set my alarm for this and not even a few bucks for the effort. Luckily I didn't drive the hour to the retail store. :rolleyes:

pjarvi
Nov 23, 2007, 02:59 AM
Ordered: iLife'08, iWork'08, and an iPod Shuffle, all of which were on sale for less than Amazon.

surferchick2
Nov 23, 2007, 03:00 AM
Ordered: iLife'08, iWork'08, and an iPod Shuffle, all of which were on sale for less than Amazon.

My page shows 79.00 for the shuffle. Isn't that the normal price?

whynot83706
Nov 23, 2007, 03:03 AM
$100 rebate for the Office 2004....that is not bad deal at all...will this work if I purchase Office Online?

pjarvi
Nov 23, 2007, 03:05 AM
My page shows 79.00 for the shuffle. Isn't that the normal price?

They apply the discount in the shopping cart.

surferchick2
Nov 23, 2007, 03:12 AM
erm..nevermind.

Loudwater
Nov 23, 2007, 03:15 AM
Not much a big difference. Still higher than the education prices. So I'll skip this... Have fun shopping today guys!

whynot83706
Nov 23, 2007, 03:19 AM
OK I am still seeing We'll be back soon........what the hell...I am using Safari and I am still seeing that. I did try to go to the Apple Store over my iPhone and PC and it woks fine, but with my MAc Safari i cant...I did ever restart my system....

JamSandwich
Nov 23, 2007, 03:20 AM
So before I make a purchase, is the 2.4GHz 20" iMac worth $200 and change more than the 2.0?

whynot83706
Nov 23, 2007, 03:23 AM
So before I make a purchase, is the 2.4GHz 20" iMac worth $200 and change more than the 2.0?

Yes

surferchick2
Nov 23, 2007, 03:26 AM
You may want to check to see if the discount applies on top of your corporate/education discount. I almost purchased it since it's a better price than what we get, but I just happened to checked our company website and the amount is subtracted off of our price.

tingly
Nov 23, 2007, 03:32 AM
I'd been planning on stacking the black friday macbook discount and the apple business store $100 amex discount. d'oh! oh well.

idesign245
Nov 23, 2007, 05:16 AM
interesting... Us Canadians are getting a bigger discount than the American store. $111 off the 24" iMac compared to $101.

dbernie41
Nov 23, 2007, 09:51 AM
disappointed

tingly
Nov 23, 2007, 01:14 PM
I tried to stack with a phone order to see if they had some leeway, but the guy said, "no stacking."

None Such
Nov 23, 2007, 03:37 PM
I was wanting an AirPort Extreme Base Station. $158, better than $179. I haven't calculated the tax but taking that into account I think it will still come up a little cheaper than Amazon. :) Nothing great, but something.

tingly
Nov 24, 2007, 02:45 AM
The sale ran 40 minutes long, I imagine to make up for starting 40 minutes late.