Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mindflux

macrumors 68000
Oct 20, 2007
Austin
Yep. Maybe some "Tivo" like features for the AppleTV. That'd be pretty banging, even more so if it took Cable Cards and coaxial input :p

JesterJJZ

macrumors 68020
Jul 21, 2004
I personally find the AppleTV pointless without cablebox/DVR functionality.

bc008

macrumors 68000
Aug 6, 2007
Michigan
sorry, you cant buy nbc shows, but you can download em for free!

syncing back to computer and putting shows on your ipod would be the best, although i would buy a 160 GB in a heartbeat even if it couldnt sync back

aswitcher

macrumors 603
Oct 8, 2003
Canberra OZ
For me the best development I think they should do is

AppleTV + Mac Mini + AEB = In AppleTV size, and Mac Mini height. For Mac mini price.

technocoy

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2002
Raleigh, NC
I'm hoping when they do this they do it right....

It needs to support not only cable card but IP TV as well as the possible inclusion of a way to use it with satellite networks with HD.

The only way I would accept otherwise is if apple starts giving me HD downloads in at LEAST 720p and gives me a way to get my NBC fix on.

I would love to see a DVR option for this. It's what I've been waiting on for the appleTV.

mkaake

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2003
mi
It needs to support not only cable card but IP TV as well as the possible inclusion of a way to use it with satellite networks with HD.

The only way I would accept otherwise is if apple starts giving me HD downloads in at LEAST 720p and gives me a way to get my NBC fix on.

I would love to see a DVR option for this. It's what I've been waiting on for the appleTV.

This, btw, is why I believe we'll never see DVR functionality build in to the aTV - everyone has different expectations of what *needs* to be there, 'or I won't buy it'. It's pretty hard to accommodate everyone on the market...

And I could be wrong, but I don't think we'll see any sort of unified standard popping up that would allow a single input to cater to most user's DVR wants (aside from recording off of a component input, or the like, so long as there's no HDCP)...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.