PDA

View Full Version : NewEgg can't handle the traffic

roland.g
Nov 23, 2007, 01:02 PM
NewEgg can't handle the Black Friday traffic. If you do get a page, you will probably not get through to the next page. I've only been trying to browse, I can imagine how frustrating it might be for someone trying to checkout from there.

Note to those guys: if you're going to have sales, you better have servers!

stainlessliquid
Nov 23, 2007, 04:14 PM
Does newegg even have black friday sales? They barely make a profit with each sale as it is, I doubt they have much room to drop the price on most of their stuff before they start losing money.

jmack549
Nov 23, 2007, 04:48 PM
They barely make a profit with each sale as it is

Really? I didn't know that...

Stampyhead
Nov 23, 2007, 04:54 PM
Does newegg even have black friday sales? They barely make a profit with each sale as it is, I doubt they have much room to drop the price on most of their stuff before they start losing money.

http://bfads.net/NewEgg

balwx
Nov 23, 2007, 06:49 PM
I received an email from them this morning with a bunch of specials only for today that are not listed on the website. The site does seem slower than normal than usual. I would suggest just waiting a few hours. Ive been a customer since 2001 & they havent let me down yet. I ordered 4gb of RAM the other day on monday afternoon. It arrived at my house on Wednesday afternoon (with free shipping).

synth3tik
Nov 23, 2007, 06:53 PM
newegg is a retailer. They have black friday sales. I mean if Apple would have a sale, then everyone would.

Tom J
Nov 23, 2007, 09:32 PM
NewEgg can't handle the Black Friday traffic. If you do get a page, you will probably not get through to the next page. I've only been trying to browse, I can imagine how frustrating it might be for someone trying to checkout from there.

Note to those guys: if you're going to have sales, you better have servers!

Agreed, I could understand how traditional brick and mortar stores would have trouble transitioning to ecommerce, but what I don't understand is why they don't seem to learn from the mistakes of others.