PDA

View Full Version : C++ Program communicating with the website's flash

iKernel
Nov 29, 2007, 12:04 AM
Hi All,

I want to write a C++ program which will communicate with the website's flash .swf file. I am using MAC OS X 10.4 & Carbon framework for the developement.
As flash in the website is server side & C++ is client side, I am not getting exact idea about where to start with it & how to accomplish it. Shall I use dynamic library(.dylib) stuff for it to complete. I want to catch events takes place in the .swf on the website.

There may be many options but which will be the best & supporting on MAC OS X 10.4
help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ulhas

Soulstorm
Nov 29, 2007, 02:07 AM
From the many options you have on the mac, I think using Cocoa for development will be the only viable one.

Cromulent
Nov 29, 2007, 07:27 AM
I don't think Flash has any way to export events to a client machine (I could be wrong). Wouldn't it be simpler just to make a client / server application using Java or some such?

You'll get better help if you posted in the programming forum though.

iKernel
Dec 14, 2007, 06:08 AM
suppose I embed html page in my app & flash will call javascript which will further be called from Obj-C.
This is the way I found after seraching the apple list archive & net. Is there any other way to accomplish it?