PDA

View Full Version : Modded G5 with Green Lights COOL

KBFinFan
Sep 24, 2003, 06:44 PM
http://www.modyourmac.com/g5/g5.html

Didn't see any links to it so I thought I'd share.. sorry if a repeat.

mnkeybsness
Sep 24, 2003, 06:51 PM
this was already posted on macbytes.com an affiliate of macrumors.

rainman::|:|
Sep 24, 2003, 06:51 PM
well, at least they didn't damage the machine's exterior...

i guess i don't get the idea of modding Macs. with PCs, you're given a blank canvas, and you can do some interesting things. but with a Mac, you're given a work of art, not to be defiled into a lowley PC-clone...

just my opinion tho... i guess i'm a purist...

:)
pnw

Macmaniac
Sep 24, 2003, 09:13 PM
Dude that is kicking! They should go for a blue light instead!
I love ways to void your warrenty.

cubist
Sep 24, 2003, 09:18 PM
Why would it void the warranty? Don't these things just run off a drive power Y?

I think it looks pretty cool. Anyone see those lighted USB cables (in a variety of colors) at MWNY? Cyberguys has 'em I think.

Mal
Sep 24, 2003, 09:28 PM
Guess I was never a big fan of case mods or the like. They always seem to look cheap and amateur to me. This is classic example of ruining an incredible design by trying to "improve" on it. Leave Jonathan Ive's artwork alone!

JW

bertagert
Sep 24, 2003, 10:57 PM
sigh...

alphaone
Sep 24, 2003, 11:22 PM
Yeah, they definitely should have used blue.

job
Sep 24, 2003, 11:45 PM
if someone installed a softer light, say, one similar to the power light on the front of the G5, i think that would look pretty cool.

crookedcharlie
Sep 25, 2003, 12:35 AM
If they can make the neon "breathe" while the G5 is asleep, then I'll be very impressed.

Genie
Sep 25, 2003, 01:52 AM
Blue would be nicer.
http://www.geniesongs.com/genie/endorsements/apple/Genie-G5Computer50pix.jpg (http://geniesongs.com/personal.html)

FuzzyBallz
Sep 25, 2003, 03:17 AM
Wow, fruity disco mode. Why don't they just stick a disco ball in there so they can whoo more kids.

tomf87
Sep 25, 2003, 06:21 AM
I've always been a fan of LED's on circuit boards. I believe some of our servers do that so when the machine is processing these little LEDs flicker about.

Not much into the case modding though. These things remind of kids who modify cars with big speakers and neon lights, or lower a vehicle all the way to ground so it drags. I just don't understand it I guess. (No offense to anyone intended. Just my opinion)

mvc
Sep 25, 2003, 06:40 AM
Urrk - I have emailed this URL to the Apple Thought Police, you will be hearing from them shortly regarding your "re-education"

Seriously, it makes the inside of the G5 look like a leak at a toxic waste factory.

Bhopal anyone? :eek:

rainman::|:|
Sep 25, 2003, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by crookedcharlie
If they can make the neon "breathe" while the G5 is asleep, then I'll be very impressed.

neon and fluorescent lights cannot dim. at least in any traditional sense.

pnw

Sun Baked
Sep 25, 2003, 08:04 AM
Yawn...

The excitement of adding lights. :rolleyes:

What's next a fartcan exhaust and nitrous?