Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
well, at least they didn't damage the machine's exterior...

i guess i don't get the idea of modding Macs. with PCs, you're given a blank canvas, and you can do some interesting things. but with a Mac, you're given a work of art, not to be defiled into a lowley PC-clone...

just my opinion tho... i guess i'm a purist...

:)
pnw

cubist

macrumors 68020
Jul 4, 2002
Muncie, Indiana
Why would it void the warranty? Don't these things just run off a drive power Y?

I think it looks pretty cool. Anyone see those lighted USB cables (in a variety of colors) at MWNY? Cyberguys has 'em I think.

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
Guess I was never a big fan of case mods or the like. They always seem to look cheap and amateur to me. This is classic example of ruining an incredible design by trying to "improve" on it. Leave Jonathan Ive's artwork alone!

JW

job

macrumors 68040
Jan 25, 2002
in transit
if someone installed a softer light, say, one similar to the power light on the front of the G5, i think that would look pretty cool.

tomf87

macrumors 65816
Sep 10, 2003
I've always been a fan of LED's on circuit boards. I believe some of our servers do that so when the machine is processing these little LEDs flicker about.

Not much into the case modding though. These things remind of kids who modify cars with big speakers and neon lights, or lower a vehicle all the way to ground so it drags. I just don't understand it I guess. (No offense to anyone intended. Just my opinion)

mvc

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2003
Outer-Roa
Green like a fluorescent bogie!

Urrk - I have emailed this URL to the Apple Thought Police, you will be hearing from them shortly regarding your "re-education"

Seriously, it makes the inside of the G5 look like a leak at a toxic waste factory.

Bhopal anyone? :eek:

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
Originally posted by crookedcharlie
If they can make the neon "breathe" while the G5 is asleep, then I'll be very impressed.

neon and fluorescent lights cannot dim. at least in any traditional sense.

pnw

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Yawn...

The excitement of adding lights. :rolleyes:

What's next a fartcan exhaust and nitrous?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.