1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Modded G5 with Green Lights COOL

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by KBFinFan, Sep 24, 2003.

1. macrumors 6502

2. macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

this was already posted on macbytes.com an affiliate of macrumors.

3. macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

well, at least they didn't damage the machine's exterior...

i guess i don't get the idea of modding Macs. with PCs, you're given a blank canvas, and you can do some interesting things. but with a Mac, you're given a work of art, not to be defiled into a lowley PC-clone...

just my opinion tho... i guess i'm a purist...

:)
    pnw

4. macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

Dude that is kicking! They should go for a blue light instead!
    I love ways to void your warrenty.

5. macrumors 68020

Why would it void the warranty? Don't these things just run off a drive power Y?

I think it looks pretty cool. Anyone see those lighted USB cables (in a variety of colors) at MWNY? Cyberguys has 'em I think.

6. Mal
    macrumors 603

Mal

Guess I was never a big fan of case mods or the like. They always seem to look cheap and amateur to me. This is classic example of ruining an incredible design by trying to "improve" on it. Leave Jonathan Ive's artwork alone!

JW

7. macrumors 6502

sigh...

8. macrumors 6502

Yeah, they definitely should have used blue.

9. job
    macrumors 68040

job

if someone installed a softer light, say, one similar to the power light on the front of the G5, i think that would look pretty cool.

10. macrumors member

If they can make the neon "breathe" while the G5 is asleep, then I'll be very impressed.

11. macrumors 6502a

Genie

Blue would be nicer.
    [​IMG]

12. macrumors 6502a

FuzzyBallz

Wow, fruity disco mode. Why don't they just stick a disco ball in there so they can whoo more kids.

13. macrumors 65816

tomf87

I've always been a fan of LED's on circuit boards. I believe some of our servers do that so when the machine is processing these little LEDs flicker about.

Not much into the case modding though. These things remind of kids who modify cars with big speakers and neon lights, or lower a vehicle all the way to ground so it drags. I just don't understand it I guess. (No offense to anyone intended. Just my opinion)

14. mvc
    macrumors 6502a

mvc

Green like a fluorescent bogie!

Urrk - I have emailed this URL to the Apple Thought Police, you will be hearing from them shortly regarding your "re-education"

Seriously, it makes the inside of the G5 look like a leak at a toxic waste factory.

Bhopal anyone? :eek:

15. macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

neon and fluorescent lights cannot dim. at least in any traditional sense.

pnw

16. macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Yawn...

The excitement of adding lights. :rolleyes:

What's next a fartcan exhaust and nitrous?