Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Anon1mus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 3, 2007
With just about every iPod I've seen I see a USB charger with it. But is there a cord that plugs into the WALL to charge the iPod? Because I don't have any USB ports in my room, unfortunately. Only electrical outlets.

slb6r

macrumors newbie
Sep 6, 2007
Virginia, USA
You can also use a Firewire to iPod cable, connected to a computer or Firewire wall charger, if you happen to have one from an earlier iPod model.

OrangeCuse44

macrumors 65832
Oct 25, 2006
Thats interesting. Ive been out of the buying a new ipod game for so long. Black and white! Can you imagine the horror i have to look at each day. That was until last week when the HD failed...

Anon1mus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 3, 2007
Yes, you can use that charger. Even back to 3rd Gen.

None of the current iPods come with a wall charger.
Did old iPods come with more stuff then they do nowadays?

the iPod Touch will be my first iPod

ChrisBrightwell

macrumors 68020
Apr 5, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Did old iPods come with more stuff then they do nowadays?

My iPod photo (aka the 4G) came with:
- Firewire Cable w/ Dock
- Firewire Charger
- Belt clip case
- AV Cable
- Earbuds

These days, all you get is a pair of earbuds, a dock adapter, and a USB cable. The charger, AV cable, and dock will run you another $100 or more.

till

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2007
New York or Berlin
Bear in mind that any wall -> USB adapter will do, not just the Apple one. My Samsung camera came with this tiny adapter that can handle the full range of input voltages (ie, usable in Europe with just a cheap plug adapter). Does a great job of charging my iPod.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.