PDA

View Full Version : Dual screen setup

thebt
Sep 26, 2003, 08:15 AM
I'll first tell a bit more of my mac configuration: a PowerMac G4 (Dual 450) with an AGP Radeon 9000 graphics card installed. The Radeon has 2 digital connectors (one ADC and one DVI).
My Cinema 20" Display is connected to the ADC output.
So no problems here (already running like that for months)

But now I hooked up my old 15" Sony TFT to my PM (I used the supplied DVI to analog converter).
Still no problems, nice to have both screens working! :)
PROBLEM:
But when I want to put my mac to sleep I can hear the hard drive and fans go sleeping and both screens get dark. But then suddenly (after 1-2 seconds) my mac awakes again!

So I thought I'll shutdown my mac, all programs quit and the system shuts down, but then the same thing happens. My mac automatically reboots!

So now I always have to disconnect the old screen before I can put my system to sleep or shut it down :mad:

Does anyone have a solution for this problem?

I already deleted the "com.apple.PowerManagement.xml" from my system library but still the same...

Hope anyone can help me! ;)

morlium
Sep 26, 2003, 08:46 AM
sleep is probably not supported with that configuration. perhaps Panther will offer a fix.

thebt
Sep 26, 2003, 09:13 AM
So does that mean that everybody with one graphics card and 2 screens in OSX can't turn there mac off or put it to sleep? :confused:
Or is it a problem with my mac or the Radeon 9000?
Thanks

iPC
Sep 26, 2003, 09:23 AM
Have you tried turning off the 2nd monitor before putting the machine to sleep?

thebt
Sep 26, 2003, 09:41 AM
Yes I tried turning of the second monitor but still the same.
Could it be the monitor (so hardware problem) or is it my OS?

Maybe I could try to connect a regular screen to it but I think it won't matter :(