PDA

View Full Version : Ok .. So ... appleTv or Macbook?

sWaltuo
Dec 8, 2007, 01:12 AM
Ok .. So .. I was planning on waiting till Macworld to buy an :apple:tv! BUT, I plan on taking online classes during the summer and I travel ALOT during the summer. My laptop is about 7 yrs old, it was the first white iBook made. It is about at the end of its life and I am thinking about getting a macbook also. I figured if I wait till Macworld and buy a low-end Macbook instead of a :apple:tv then I could just hook the Macbook up to the tv and use front row?

Is this a good idea or should I wait until Macworld to see what is updated and then make my decision?

Any response is welcome:apple:

SkyBell
Dec 8, 2007, 01:34 AM
Well, what makes you think the iBook is at the end of it's life? What can't it do know that it could do before?

Spanky Deluxe
Dec 8, 2007, 06:48 AM
Definitely get a MacBook over and AppleTV. The old G3 iBooks are just way too slow these days for anything but the most basic tasks. Even internet's a struggle on them now due to the sheer amount of Flash media.

Don't you think it would be a tad silly to have a set top box (Apple TV) that's significantly more powerful than your actual computer?!! :p

mag2001
Dec 9, 2007, 10:22 PM
get the macbook! It will be money well spent.:D

zedsdead
Dec 10, 2007, 03:44 AM
I love my Apple TV, but if I could only get one the Macbook by far.

iBecks
Dec 10, 2007, 04:22 AM
Get a MacBook and forget about the Apple TV

Cave Man
Dec 10, 2007, 04:50 PM
No brainer - get the Apple TV. Oh, I mean, MacBook. :)