PDA

View Full Version : Where's good to go to trade in PS3 games?

Spanky Deluxe
Dec 8, 2007, 08:14 PM
I've got two PS3 games, Oblivion and Ridge Racer, which I'd really like to trade in somewhere. Is Game the only place that does trade ins? I don't really mind store credit since I'm in the market for Mario Galaxy anyway.

sam10685
Dec 9, 2007, 03:01 AM
I've got two PS3 games, Oblivion and Ridge Racer, which I'd really like to trade in somewhere. Is Game the only place that does trade ins? I don't really mind store credit since I'm in the market for Mario Galaxy anyway.

Mario Galaxy wont work on a PS3.

Spanky Deluxe
Dec 9, 2007, 04:13 AM
Mario Galaxy wont work on a PS3.

Oh balls. Hopefully it'll work on my Wii though.

;) :p

MacRumorUser
Dec 9, 2007, 04:49 AM
I'm starting to think there is no pint trading in games anymore.

I get about 15 trade in value on Wii/360/PS3 games here at gamestop. I mean WTF? 60-70 retail and 15 trade-in ? It's hardly worth it.

Spanky Deluxe
Dec 9, 2007, 06:57 AM
I'm starting to think there is no pint trading in games anymore.

I get about 15 trade in value on Wii/360/PS3 games here at gamestop. I mean WTF? 60-70 retail and 15 trade-in ? It's hardly worth it.

Yeah I know what you mean. I think I'll have a pop by Game and ask them what they'll offer. There's always eBay although I really can't be bothered with that. It looks like I could get ~20 for Oblivion on eBay and close to that for Ridge Racer.

Ridge Racer just sucks and Oblivion's too much of a time investment for something that just doesn't seem all that fun. All they're going to do is gather dust on the shelf whereas something like Mario Galaxy I would actually play. The downloadable demos are enough to showcase the PS3 if people want to see what its like.

Spanky Deluxe
Dec 9, 2007, 08:29 AM
Game said they'd give me 18 for Oblivion and something like 5-10 for Ridge Racer 7 (although they had to guesstimate that one since they didn't have any copies to run through the machine). Gamestation were ***holes and just said "We don't give estimates or tell you in advance. You have to bring in the games for us to give you a quote". They can sod right off. If Game had offered ~15 for RR7 I'd probably have taken the deal. I think I'll just do the eBay challenge and put them up at buy-it-now for 20+delivery each.

Dagless
Dec 9, 2007, 08:59 AM
eBay is all I can recommend. Sometimes GAME and the likes have nice offers where you can trade in an old game and get a discounted new game. I believe GAME are running one now where you can buy Galaxy for 19 so long as you trade in Warioware-esque aged games.

Which is daft as Sainsbury's and Tesco sell Galaxy for 27.

eBay.

spyker3292
Dec 9, 2007, 09:27 PM
Oh balls. Hopefully it'll work on my Wii though.

;) :p

I'm glad you're not that stupid :D. Of coarse I don't know why he didn't just assume you have a Wii...

Dagless
Dec 10, 2007, 05:55 AM
Of coarse he's not that stupid!

jcarm24
Dec 10, 2007, 07:54 AM
the poor trade in value is a big reason i'm thinking of getting GameFly and just renting my games from now on. if i get the $23 / month plan, that $275 which is about 5 (new) games. I can foresee buying more than 5 games in 2008.

DO they have game rental companies across the ocean?