Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Falleron

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 22, 2001
UK
Does Anybody know how to enable Multiprocessor support for Quake 3?? What command is it? I know its possible, just dont know how!

Thanks

AlphaTech

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2001
Natick, MA
Are you running OS 9.x or OS X??? Have you checked the Planetquake website??? If you can't find it there, email id software and ask them directly. Quake 3 didn't do too well on my TiBook 500MHz when I had 512MB of RAM, maybe I will give it another try now that I have 1GB of RAM :D. I purchased the version that is BOTH Mac and peecee, so that I can choose which to play it on.

mac15

macrumors 68040
Dec 29, 2001
Quake used to run fine on my old imac 400 320 ram
why didn't it run fine on your tibook

Falleron

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 22, 2001
UK
Hi, I did have a quick look the planetquake web site but could not quickly see the command. I know its possible because I read a Macworld article that said that it was possible, but it was not enabled by default. I will keep looking for a while + e-mail them if I cant find it.

It already runs really nicely on my Dual 1Ghz with 1 Gig of RAM!!

AlphaTech

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2001
Natick, MA
Originally posted by mac15
Quake used to run fine on my old imac 400 320 ram
why didn't it run fine on your tibook

Resolution might be one reason... I like to have it as the LCD's native... I might give it a try again later. Haven't decided yet. Of course, I could always put it onto the peecee if I REALLY needed to play it. Or just wait until I can spend the $$ on a new tower.

AlphaTech

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2001
Natick, MA
Originally posted by Falleron
It already runs really nicely on my Dual 1Ghz with 1 Gig of RAM!!

I would certainly hope so.. considering the video card and such that you have in that thing. If it didn't I would be extremely surprised.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.