PDA

View Full Version : Getting my first iPod! (Funny Story with it)

twistedlegato
Dec 12, 2007, 05:36 PM
I have always wanted one.
A few years ago when the iPod nano was first released, I desperately wanted one. So i started selling a ton of my Gamecube and PSP stuff. About Half way through this i realized i did not have a computer to use my iPod with. My friend had an iMac G4 so i knew of Macs.

The next year, in May i finally had half the money for my Macbook. My parents said they would match the price too. I fell in love with macs, and felt strange when i got back on PC's. Later that year the Nintendo Wii came out. I had to have that, so i got one on launch day. There went my iPod money. And since games kept coming out i kept buying them. Never having enough for my iPod.

Then my Macbook was beginning to feel slow. I needed more RAM. More money spent. I also my a MIDI to USB connecter for my piano. More money spent.

But here i am now. Money in hand. Two years later. My first iPod! Though it is because of this i have my Macbook. Which was a much better purchase at the time.

I have decided on an iPod classic 80GB. It seems to be the best deal at the moment.

I am also having it engraved to say:Warning, Harmful if Swallowed
:D

SkyBell
Dec 12, 2007, 05:48 PM
Congrats on the iPod!

And you know some idiot is going to read that engraving and test it out. :D

GSMiller
Dec 12, 2007, 05:57 PM
Wow you're worse than me for seeing things and having to have them :p Glad to see you finally got your iPod plus a MacBook and a Wii though!

Consultant
Dec 12, 2007, 05:59 PM
Oh wow, congrats.

If you want to save a few dollars, try dealmac.com
The current deal is at PC Connection.

Consultant
Dec 12, 2007, 06:00 PM
Just don't get side tracked and start saving up for a Mac Pro or something =p

There is also the Apple refurb store, although the iPod classic has not made an appearance there yet.

dolphin842
Dec 13, 2007, 11:09 AM
I just noticed last night that Amazon is taking $15-$20 off retail for some of the classics and touches.

pianoman
Dec 13, 2007, 12:35 PM
congrats.

i remember playing with my friends' 2G in 2002 and then deciding to take the plunge myself in 2003. certainly the market has changed, as you're now getting 4x the capacity of what i got for $150 less!

enjoy it :)

twistedlegato
Dec 16, 2007, 11:06 AM
I Got It!

GSMiller
Dec 16, 2007, 01:11 PM
I Got It!

Nice, and you went with black, nice choice :cool:

Slip
Dec 16, 2007, 01:17 PM
congrats.

i remember playing with my friends' 2G in 2002 and then deciding to take the plunge myself in 2003. certainly the market has changed, as you're now getting 4x the capacity of what i got for $150 less!

enjoy it :)

Same with my friend with a 3G iPod, I loved it. He was pissed when I got my 5G with twice the storage ;)

yoda13
Dec 16, 2007, 03:06 PM
Congrats!! Ipods are great purchases...:D

SXR
Dec 17, 2007, 06:19 AM
I Got It!

Looks good! Nice story with it , indeed. Congrats on your iPod, black is an awesome color. With the black clickwheel.. yumm! :)