PDA

View Full Version : Incase Protective Cover for iPod touch

neovo
Dec 16, 2007, 06:37 AM
Anyone has purchased this case? It looks awesome, but I'm not sure with the protection. I read many negative comments about the same case but for iPhone, which makes scratches on the bezel. For those who have been using this case for iPod touch, it would be great if you guys can tell how good is this case and does it actually produce scratches on your iPod.

I have another question. Since I'm not staying in US, how could I order this case. The Incase online shop only shipping to the US residents.

http://goincase.com/products/images/CL56135/detail/ipodtouchprotectivecovercyan1-1.jpg

mrg6290
Dec 16, 2007, 09:16 PM
I have had that case for about 2 weeks, and I really like it. It is one of the most aesthetically pleasing cases I have found. Protection is alright, and no it does not scratch the iPod. The iPhone bezel is that scratch-prone stainless steel that we all know Apple loves, but the iPod touch has black aluminum, so it doesn't scratch nearly as easy. I guess the case could put scratches on the stainless steel back of the iPod if you happen to get sand or other particles inside the case, but I have had no problems with it scratching my iPod. Overall, I think its a good case and I feel much safer having it on my iPod instead of just a bare Touch.

nickster9224
Dec 16, 2007, 09:40 PM
i think i might be getting that case for xmas w/ my new touch.

neovo
Dec 16, 2007, 10:14 PM
I have had that case for about 2 weeks, and I really like it. It is one of the most aesthetically pleasing cases I have found. Protection is alright, and no it does not scratch the iPod. The iPhone bezel is that scratch-prone stainless steel that we all know Apple loves, but the iPod touch has black aluminum, so it doesn't scratch nearly as easy. I guess the case could put scratches on the stainless steel back of the iPod if you happen to get sand or other particles inside the case, but I have had no problems with it scratching my iPod. Overall, I think its a good case and I feel much safer having it on my iPod instead of just a bare Touch.

How about the durability of the case. Does it stretch if you open and put back the case often? What color did you get? Could you post pictures here? I would like to see the case real life. The photos from Incase seems has been improvised a lot.

RubenJ
Dec 17, 2007, 02:27 AM
I couldn't help but respond to this thread, I absolutely love the incase skin. I agree with mrg6290 about the aesthetics, and is the major reason why I chose to buy this one. As far as stretching I have only removed my iPod twice, however the material seems durable enough to withstand multiple removals. Here are a few quick pictures, I hope they help.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d41/ruben_jauregui/IMG_1355.jpg http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d41/ruben_jauregui/IMG_1358.jpg
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d41/ruben_jauregui/IMG_1359.jpg
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d41/ruben_jauregui/IMG_1360.jpg

neovo
Dec 17, 2007, 03:07 AM
Wow. The cover is really match with the iPod touch. Unfortunately, Incase only ships to US addresses. It's hard to get this cover for people outside the US.

RumMunkey
Dec 19, 2007, 06:33 AM
Do you live near an Apple store? they stock this case there.

Apple.ca might even carry it.

I wanted this case in black, but the apple store at Sherway has been out for a week! I bought some pices of crap from Best buy, then broke down and ordered the iFrogz case yesterday (I was very happy with my iFrogz case for my 5G).

LordEntropy
Dec 19, 2007, 07:48 AM
That looks really nice and in conjunction with a Tuffshield or a PDO screen protector would be the perfect case for my Touch. Just better hope Apple in the UK start to stock them.

Weee they have it in stock!!! Gonna get one I think in black.

Brianstorm91
Dec 19, 2007, 07:54 AM
Does it cover the screen at all?

LordEntropy
Dec 19, 2007, 08:13 AM
One other question. How is the Sleep button dealt with on this case? Is it covered or is the silicon cut open for it to peep through?

neovo
Dec 19, 2007, 09:29 AM
Does it cover the screen at all?

It does not cover the screen, which also makes it look perfect on touch.

neovo
Dec 19, 2007, 09:32 AM
One other question. How is the Sleep button dealt with on this case? Is it covered or is the silicon cut open for it to peep through?

The sleep button is covered by the case. However there is a bump which resemble the look of the button. I think it would make easier to press the button.
Can't wait to try this case. But why Incase doesn't do shipping to other countries beside US?

Diatribe
Dec 19, 2007, 09:37 AM
I agree it looks great, just got it with my new touch and I must say, I was never very fond of cases but this one I really like.

Brianstorm91
Dec 19, 2007, 09:38 AM
Surely the screen will become scratched then?

neovo
Dec 19, 2007, 09:45 AM
If anyone using the blue color one, it would be great if you can post the photos of it.

legacyb4
Dec 19, 2007, 02:40 PM
You would use a screen protector; a lot of the open face cases ship with film shields that you apply in addition to the case.

WolfgangK
Dec 19, 2007, 11:38 PM
I have this case and love it, Black; along with the Tuffshield screen protector. I love that the case so closely conforms to the shape of the iPod, but feels rugged, all while detracting very little from the native beauty of the iPod's design and feel.

Provides great protection, but feels unintrusive. Coupled with a screen protector, I don't think you can go wrong with this combo. The case adds a little girth, which is really welcomed, and allows you to grip the iPod; but the rubber is still smooth enough that putting into a pocket isn't really hampered by friction as I've experienced with other latex skins.

In my experience so far(about 3+ weeks), I cannot say enough good things about this case.

neovo
Dec 19, 2007, 11:57 PM
I agree it looks great, just got it with my new touch and I must say, I was never very fond of cases but this one I really like.

What is the color? Is it blue? I'm not sure that the blue one will match iPod touch and will not distract while watching video. Because, I found the color is just so bright. But it seems great and stylish for young people.

neovo
Dec 20, 2007, 12:02 AM
I have this case and love it, Black; along with the Tuffshield screen protector. I love that the case so closely conforms to the shape of the iPod, but feels rugged, all while detracting very little from the native beauty of the iPod's design and feel.

Provides great protection, but feels unintrusive. Coupled with a screen protector, I don't think you can go wrong with this combo. The case adds a little girth, which is really welcomed, and allows you to grip the iPod; but the rubber is still smooth enough that putting into a pocket isn't really hampered by friction as I've experienced with other latex skins.

In my experience so far(about 3+ weeks), I cannot say enough good things about this case.

Does it make iPod touch thicker? The biggest reason that stops me from buying this case is the thickness of the case. We all know that iPod touch is very slim device. Adding case surely will destroy that thinness. How do you feel about it when using the case? Is it still thin? Does it bother you?

Vigilante
Dec 20, 2007, 12:20 AM
He said it adds some thickness, it appears to just be a little less than the thickness of a nickel on each side.

neovo
Dec 20, 2007, 02:10 AM
Does it cover all the metal bezel? Any chances that it will loose and will not cover tightly.

Vigilante
Dec 20, 2007, 11:03 AM
It covers all of the metal. As long as you don't remove it many times, it will stay about the same and keep its structure.

Brianstorm91
Dec 20, 2007, 11:08 AM
It seems the best of the cases out there.
Wish Amazon would get it, though.

archurban
Dec 20, 2007, 10:06 PM
yeah, it looks nice, well protected. but it absorb a lot of dust that I hate. so I had to change to plastic.

WolfgangK
Dec 20, 2007, 11:02 PM
Like most cases, it does add a little thickness, but it does not detract from the slim profile of the device. Honestly, without the case, to me the iPod Touch is a slippery little bugger.

The case does fully protect the metal bevel on the front side, and it conforms very well to the shape of the device. Does not feel loose at all to me. I have not taken it off since putting it on, so I can't say whether or not there would be more play after removing/putting it on multiple times.

dhemp
Dec 21, 2007, 12:45 PM
Can't wait to try this case. But why Incase doesn't do shipping to other countries beside US?

neovo: Incase you hadn't noticed already (catch the pun? bahahah), the cover is now available for order on Apple's online Canadian store.

Brianstorm91
Dec 21, 2007, 02:54 PM
But why Incase doesn't do shipping to other countries beside US?

Apple Store UK stocks it.

neovo
Dec 26, 2007, 03:14 AM
I've bought this case and now waiting for delivery.
I will post some photos later.

mab473
Jan 10, 2008, 05:11 PM
I've bought this case and now waiting for delivery.
I will post some photos later.

Hey Neove, did you buy the case from the Canadian Apple Store? I, like yourself am interested in buying this case, but I can't find it in Canada, and Incase does not ship to Canada via their website. It is up on the Canadian Apple Store, but when I click on the link it states:

"The item you have selected is currently not available from the Apple Store."

Have you received your case yet, if so, please provide a review and pics if you can.

Brianstorm91
Jan 10, 2008, 06:45 PM
I bought it and tried it for approximately a week but I couldn't cover the touch up, it's too good-looking so I invested in some (rip-off) transparent stickers, seem to be doing the job at the moment although they can offer some resistance when motioning to zoom.

Kkatyboo
Jan 10, 2008, 07:47 PM
I have this case in pink; makes it look super cute and feels nicer in your hand. I also have a screen protector over the screen to help prevent scratchs... but right now there are practically unnoticeable scratches on the screen protector soo... ehh :rolleyes:

purplephenom
Jan 13, 2008, 12:25 AM
At first, I was sorta in the camp that thinks its an ipod, it doesn't need a case. But then I figured, why not get one and try it? If I don't like it, I can always take it off. So I got one of these..put it on, it does make it bit thicker, but got used to that. Doesn't really collect dust, but I've just been sticking it in my bag- not in my pocket for now.

Found out the true value in a case a couple days ago. Right now, I have my laptop on the floor, so my ipod sits on the ground, or on the laptop keyboard when its charging. And I don't know what happened, but my bookshelf decided to fall over. Its on top of a small dresser, and crammed to the max, so it was a pretty significant fall. And all of this landed on top of my computer and ipod. So I started shoving books aside- found the computer screen ok, keyboard was a disaster though. And then digging through, I found the ipod, yanked off the case to make sure it hadn't dented. Absolutely perfect. No scratches, dents, scuffs, anything. So this case won't be coming off anytime soon- aside from cleaning it

TheSpaz
Jan 24, 2008, 08:16 AM
I want one of these... perhaps this weekend. Cool!

Ivan P
Jan 24, 2008, 08:45 AM
I've seen these in the local Apple Store, I might pick one up for the sake of protecting the backplate of my Touch.

Just for anyone complaining about the fact it offers no protection for the screen itself, the Touch's screen is, unlike other iPods, made of glass and is very, very hard to scratch (you'd literally have to scrape along it with a needle to do any damage, from experience I can say the screen doesn't scratch from everyday use like moving around in your pocket).

TheSpaz
Jan 24, 2008, 09:23 AM
I've seen these in the local Apple Store, I might pick one up for the sake of protecting the backplate of my Touch.

Just for anyone complaining about the fact it offers no protection for the screen itself, the Touch's screen is, unlike other iPods, made of glass and is very, very hard to scratch (you'd literally have to scrape along it with a needle to do any damage, from experience I can say the screen doesn't scratch from everyday use like moving around in your pocket).

Actually, there's a YouTube video of someone taking keys, razor blades and needles to the surface of the iPod touch and it leaves no marks.

Ivan P
Jan 24, 2008, 07:44 PM
Actually, there's a YouTube video of someone taking keys, razor blades and needles to the surface of the iPod touch and it leaves no marks.

Haha, really? My friend that also has an iPod Touch wanted to get dust out from between their screen and the aluminum and decided to use a needle, slipped, and now there's a beautiful scratch across the corner. Bad luck, I guess :p

FishStik
Feb 6, 2008, 07:48 PM
This looks like a really nice case, but I'm worried about others claiming that it attracts a lot of crap that gets inside. Is this a problem for people who have had this case for a while?

More pictures from different angles would be cool too.

LizKat
Feb 6, 2008, 08:11 PM
It covers all of the metal. As long as you don't remove it many times, it will stay about the same and keep its structure.

I have the turquoise Incase (and just ordered a pink that was out of stock or not yet available before). So far I haven't bothered with a film over the screen but I do keep the thing in a cloth pouch in my purse.

I remove the case in a fairly warm room and then wash it in quite warm water and mild detergent when I start to see dust in or near the incurve of the edges around the screen.

Then I rinse it a lot and then let it dry naturally, open side down on a towel for long enough so there's no moisture left in the curved edges. Then put it back on in a warm room. It hasn't seemed to stretch out or lose proper shape.

I kept saying "warm room" up there because my place is quite chilly in some rooms during winter and I had a feeling I'd insult the Incase material by struggling to remove it when it felt somehow less flexible at a lower temperature. So I always take it out to the kitchen first and let it sit on the table for awhile because the woodstove keeps that room nice and warm. I don't know if the temperature really matters, but anyway it seems to be retaining original shape so far.

FishStik
Feb 11, 2008, 07:31 PM
Hey, could anybody put up some pictures of this case being used at different angles?

BrownManUPS
Feb 11, 2008, 10:09 PM
WOW that is a quality case. And it really looks like it does excellent coverage. I hope you guys are happy with it...I know I would be.

Andrew D.
Feb 12, 2008, 11:57 AM
I am planning on stopping by the Apple Store to buy this case today. My sister bought 3 different ones for her iPhone and she loves them! Great protection and just pop an anti-glare/scratch resistant cover on the front and you'll be set. I went to Best Buy earlier and they failed at not carrying them in stock, now I have to drive 20 minutes out just to hopefully pick one up. Haha.

FishStik
Feb 12, 2008, 03:58 PM
I am planning on stopping by the Apple Store to buy this case today.

Hey, if you could, could you post up some pictures of it (preferably at different angles)? Also after a bit of use, it'd be awesome if you told me if the case is a dust/lint magnet.

aethelbert
Feb 12, 2008, 04:28 PM
Hey, if you could, could you post up some pictures of it (preferably at different angles)? Also after a bit of use, it'd be awesome if you told me if the case is a dust/lint magnet.
I've been using this case since October and I haven't had any problems with dust or lint.

ydb1914
Feb 12, 2008, 06:29 PM
Just got my 32g i pod touch & bought incase in cyan (i agree that it's a little bit too bright-the balck ones really nice)...but i noticed that some of you have this in combination with a glass protector...which protector will you guys recommend?...your thoughts?? thanks.

Andrew D.
Feb 13, 2008, 12:00 AM
Ok I ended up buying the Black Incase Protective Cover and the Anti-glare Film set. I'll post pictures later once I have them on. Not bad for maximum protection.

kaenai
Feb 13, 2008, 06:41 AM
I'm really looking forward to this case; I'll be ordering it along with the 32GB Touch. I've heard nothing but good things about both of them! :D

Viremia
Feb 13, 2008, 06:57 AM
I picked up a black version yesterday when my resolve cracked and I caved into my desire for the new 32 GB iTouch.

It's a fine case, seems to protect the sides and back well. The sleep button still works fine. The jack for my Shure E3c earphones barely fits due to the close fit, but I figure if it fits just about any will. I'm going to pick up a face shield for the iPod eventually, but I'm in no hurry.

Diatribe
Feb 13, 2008, 10:07 AM
Just got my 32g i pod touch & bought incase in cyan (i agree that it's a little bit too bright-the balck ones really nice)...but i noticed that some of you have this in combination with a glass protector...which protector will you guys recommend?...your thoughts?? thanks.

I got the Power Support Glass protector. Works well. I like it.

ydb1914
Feb 15, 2008, 01:53 PM
I got the Power Support Glass protector. Works well. I like it.

got them both now...very happy except i have incase in cyan...not cool for my age :o....if you're over 30 get the one in black it's neat...thanks to ya'll thoughts...:)

EdwardsNH
Feb 15, 2008, 02:52 PM
I will probably pick a an Incase cover as well for my brand new 32 GB :D

My only problem is... Why can't Apple make an iPod that doesn't NEED a case?!

Diatribe
Feb 15, 2008, 03:04 PM
got them both now...very happy except i have incase in cyan...not cool for my age :o....if you're over 30 get the one in black it's neat...thanks to ya'll thoughts...:)

Yeah, I saw the cyan in store and I opted for the black.

As a side note, for the first time ever I accidentally dropped my touch today onto concrete floor and nothing but absolutely nothing happened. The case absorbed the entire shock. I love this case.

Now I just need a good one for my new iPhone...

Ish
Feb 26, 2008, 06:22 AM
What do you think to this one? :eek:

jeffk89
Apr 2, 2008, 11:33 AM
Dose this case protect the screen? With like a film? What case should I get instead if it doesn't?

HapaRy
May 17, 2009, 03:10 AM

The screen, like all screens, is prone to scratches.
Get a Power Support screen protector. By opinions, this is the best one. Either the Anti-Glare or the Crystal Film one works like a charm.

http://a248.e.akamai.net/7/248/2041/1542/as-images.apple.com/is/image/AppleInc/TU300?wid=326&hei=326&fmt=jpeg&qlt=95&op_sharpen=0&resMode=bicub&op_usm=0.5,0.5,0,0&iccEmbed=0&layer=comp