Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

neovo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 3, 2006
Anyone has purchased this case? It looks awesome, but I'm not sure with the protection. I read many negative comments about the same case but for iPhone, which makes scratches on the bezel. For those who have been using this case for iPod touch, it would be great if you guys can tell how good is this case and does it actually produce scratches on your iPod.

I have another question. Since I'm not staying in US, how could I order this case. The Incase online shop only shipping to the US residents.

ipodtouchprotectivecovercyan1-1.jpg

mrg6290

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2007
I have had that case for about 2 weeks, and I really like it. It is one of the most aesthetically pleasing cases I have found. Protection is alright, and no it does not scratch the iPod. The iPhone bezel is that scratch-prone stainless steel that we all know Apple loves, but the iPod touch has black aluminum, so it doesn't scratch nearly as easy. I guess the case could put scratches on the stainless steel back of the iPod if you happen to get sand or other particles inside the case, but I have had no problems with it scratching my iPod. Overall, I think its a good case and I feel much safer having it on my iPod instead of just a bare Touch.

neovo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 3, 2006
I have had that case for about 2 weeks, and I really like it. It is one of the most aesthetically pleasing cases I have found. Protection is alright, and no it does not scratch the iPod. The iPhone bezel is that scratch-prone stainless steel that we all know Apple loves, but the iPod touch has black aluminum, so it doesn't scratch nearly as easy. I guess the case could put scratches on the stainless steel back of the iPod if you happen to get sand or other particles inside the case, but I have had no problems with it scratching my iPod. Overall, I think its a good case and I feel much safer having it on my iPod instead of just a bare Touch.

How about the durability of the case. Does it stretch if you open and put back the case often? What color did you get? Could you post pictures here? I would like to see the case real life. The photos from Incase seems has been improvised a lot.

RubenJ

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2007
US
I couldn't help but respond to this thread, I absolutely love the incase skin. I agree with mrg6290 about the aesthetics, and is the major reason why I chose to buy this one. As far as stretching I have only removed my iPod twice, however the material seems durable enough to withstand multiple removals. Here are a few quick pictures, I hope they help.

IMG_1355.jpg
IMG_1358.jpg

IMG_1359.jpg

IMG_1360.jpg

neovo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 3, 2006
Wow. The cover is really match with the iPod touch. Unfortunately, Incase only ships to US addresses. It's hard to get this cover for people outside the US.

RumMunkey

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2006
Canada
Do you live near an Apple store? they stock this case there.

Apple.ca might even carry it.

I wanted this case in black, but the apple store at Sherway has been out for a week! I bought some pices of crap from Best buy, then broke down and ordered the iFrogz case yesterday (I was very happy with my iFrogz case for my 5G).

LordEntropy

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2007
That looks really nice and in conjunction with a Tuffshield or a PDO screen protector would be the perfect case for my Touch. Just better hope Apple in the UK start to stock them.

Weee they have it in stock!!! Gonna get one I think in black.

LordEntropy

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2007
One other question. How is the Sleep button dealt with on this case? Is it covered or is the silicon cut open for it to peep through?

neovo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 3, 2006
One other question. How is the Sleep button dealt with on this case? Is it covered or is the silicon cut open for it to peep through?

The sleep button is covered by the case. However there is a bump which resemble the look of the button. I think it would make easier to press the button.
Can't wait to try this case. But why Incase doesn't do shipping to other countries beside US?

neovo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 3, 2006
If anyone using the blue color one, it would be great if you can post the photos of it.

WolfgangK

macrumors member
Apr 13, 2005
I have this case and love it, Black; along with the Tuffshield screen protector. I love that the case so closely conforms to the shape of the iPod, but feels rugged, all while detracting very little from the native beauty of the iPod's design and feel.

Provides great protection, but feels unintrusive. Coupled with a screen protector, I don't think you can go wrong with this combo. The case adds a little girth, which is really welcomed, and allows you to grip the iPod; but the rubber is still smooth enough that putting into a pocket isn't really hampered by friction as I've experienced with other latex skins.

In my experience so far(about 3+ weeks), I cannot say enough good things about this case.

neovo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 3, 2006
I agree it looks great, just got it with my new touch and I must say, I was never very fond of cases but this one I really like.

What is the color? Is it blue? I'm not sure that the blue one will match iPod touch and will not distract while watching video. Because, I found the color is just so bright. But it seems great and stylish for young people.

neovo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 3, 2006
I have this case and love it, Black; along with the Tuffshield screen protector. I love that the case so closely conforms to the shape of the iPod, but feels rugged, all while detracting very little from the native beauty of the iPod's design and feel.

Provides great protection, but feels unintrusive. Coupled with a screen protector, I don't think you can go wrong with this combo. The case adds a little girth, which is really welcomed, and allows you to grip the iPod; but the rubber is still smooth enough that putting into a pocket isn't really hampered by friction as I've experienced with other latex skins.

In my experience so far(about 3+ weeks), I cannot say enough good things about this case.

Does it make iPod touch thicker? The biggest reason that stops me from buying this case is the thickness of the case. We all know that iPod touch is very slim device. Adding case surely will destroy that thinness. How do you feel about it when using the case? Is it still thin? Does it bother you?

neovo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 3, 2006
Does it cover all the metal bezel? Any chances that it will loose and will not cover tightly.

Vigilante

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2007
Florida.
It covers all of the metal. As long as you don't remove it many times, it will stay about the same and keep its structure.

WolfgangK

macrumors member
Apr 13, 2005
Like most cases, it does add a little thickness, but it does not detract from the slim profile of the device. Honestly, without the case, to me the iPod Touch is a slippery little bugger.

The case does fully protect the metal bevel on the front side, and it conforms very well to the shape of the device. Does not feel loose at all to me. I have not taken it off since putting it on, so I can't say whether or not there would be more play after removing/putting it on multiple times.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.