PDA

View Full Version : Sony TDM-IP1 iPod dock and iPod Classic

SheepNutz
Dec 16, 2007, 10:19 AM
I'm interested in getting the Sony TDM-IP1 iPod dock (http://www.amazon.com/Sony-TDM-IP1-Digital-Media-Port/dp/B000OG88PY/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1197821838&sr=8-1) to go with my sony AV receiver, but I need to know if it'll be compatible with my 80GB iPod classic. I checked the manual on Sony's site, and it says it's compatible with the 5G iPod video, but I think the manual was written before the classic came out. So does anyone know if this will work or not (both video and audio)?

rxfordisney
Dec 29, 2007, 10:00 PM
I have the same question. I found your thread when I did a search on this issue. Did you ever find an answer?

FruityNuts
Jan 28, 2008, 09:26 AM
I purchased the Sony TDM-IP1 iPod dock in December and just purchased the iPod Classic Saturday. So far, using the On-Screen display to play music is just fine but using the iPOD display and playing videos is not working.

I have been working with Sony Tech Support but their phone tech couldn't help and so far email support just sent me a link to their downloadable manuals.

At this point, I'm thinking it's probably not compatible rather than a defect with the dock.

rxfordisney
Jan 31, 2008, 10:30 PM
I purchased the Sony TDM-IP1 iPod dock in December and just purchased the iPod Classic Saturday. So far, using the On-Screen display to play music is just fine but using the iPOD display and playing videos is not working.

I have been working with Sony Tech Support but their phone tech couldn't help and so far email support just sent me a link to their downloadable manuals.

At this point, I'm thinking it's probably not compatible rather than a defect with the dock.

Let us know if you get it working.

SheepNutz
Feb 1, 2008, 05:31 AM
Let us know if you get it working.

Yes, please! That's what I figured, audio would be fine, but video might not work.

FruityNuts
Feb 6, 2008, 05:39 PM
I found a review for the Sony TDM-IP1 on Amazon where the person stated that he dealt with both Sony and Apple and that it may be a firmware issue. Hopefully a firmware update will be forthcoming.

SheepNutz
Feb 18, 2008, 05:47 PM
I just got my TDM-IP1 today off ebay. It didn't come with a video cable, so I didn't bother with that, video doesn't work with the classic anyway apparently. I just wanted it for playing music, and it does that extremely well. I had to adjust a few settings to get it to play through all the speakers in my 5.1 surround setup. One thing I did notice though, is that it's not charging the ipod, which it should be doing.