PDA

View Full Version : Washed iPod Nano

nylock10
Dec 17, 2007, 08:04 AM
On Friday I accidentally left my 1st-generation 2GB iPod nano in my shorts pocket.

My shorts were washed, and so was my iPod. I was scared that I ruined it, so I didn't try to turn it on. Instead I left it in my window to dry over the weekend.

This morning I tried turning it on, and it works! My battery is still fully charged (I charged it the day it got washed).

But the screen still has a little bit of water in it, so I turned it off. Should I let it dry for a few more days and check again for water in the screen?

Anorion
Dec 17, 2007, 02:17 PM
I would. Maybe put it in front of a fan or something?

nylock10
Dec 18, 2007, 11:28 AM
I just turned it on and it's dry :D

Is it safe to plug into my computer?

PlaceofDis
Dec 18, 2007, 11:33 AM
being completely soaked and all that i'd let it dry for a good week before usage really. condensation could still build up if there is a tiny bit of water in the thing. better safe than sorry imo.

good luck and i hope it continues working for a long time :)

nylock10
Dec 18, 2007, 12:55 PM
Good idea, it doesn't work without plugging it into a charger :(

I'm pretty mad at myself for leaving it in my pocket, I never realized how much I needed the iPod until now.

rdowns
Dec 18, 2007, 01:35 PM
You do realize the Apple sells clean versions of most songs on iTunes. :D

Let it sit and completely dry out, you should be OK.

blurstar
Dec 18, 2007, 08:32 PM
It's great to know that your player still works. Maybe the hair dryer will do the job to the screen :rolleyes:

SXR
Dec 19, 2007, 01:42 PM
Good idea, it doesn't work without plugging it into a charger :(

I'm pretty mad at myself for leaving it in my pocket, I never realized how much I needed the iPod until now.

So true. You always realise how much you need stuff until its gone ;)
Check the MR forums for information about electrodes , or something. There is this genius guy on the forum that told something about the electrodes breaking or something after some time. I have no idea, I wish I knew where it was. good luck on the nano and think twice when washing , okay? :p