PDA

View Full Version : PowerMac Single 1.8 GHz - 2 Problems

DaveTheGrey
Dec 17, 2007, 12:01 PM
Hi everybody, perhaps anyone can help me.
I bought a Single 1.8 GHz G5 Power Mac over eBay.
(10.4.11)

Problem 1: Sometimes the Display doesn't work, but after a reboot or two it comes up. (acryl acd 20" and a 19" formac display, both the same problem)

Problem 2: Both, the front and the back earphone jack doesn't work and it's not software related (checked it)
When I plug in a headphone I can hear a hissing and when raise the loudness I can hear a click on the last two bars.

Thanks for any help!!
Cheers!

Dave

iCreate
Dec 17, 2007, 12:32 PM
Hi everybody, perhaps anyone can help me.
I bought a Single 1.8 GHz G5 Power Mac over eBay.
(10.4.11)

Problem 1: Sometimes the Display doesn't work, but after a reboot or two it comes up. (acryl acd 20" and a 19" formac display, both the same problem)

Problem 2: Both, the front and the back earphone jack doesn't work and it's not software related (checked it)
When I plug in a headphone I can hear a hissing and when raise the loudness I can hear a click on the last two bars.

Thanks for any help!!
Cheers!

Dave

Is that a fresh install, or just what came with the system? I recall there were some audio issues on the G5 after some updates, but I don't believe they were limited to any specific model. I wouldn't hesitate to contact the seller ASAP.

DaveTheGrey
Dec 17, 2007, 01:12 PM
Is that a fresh install, or just what came with the system? I recall there were some audio issues on the G5 after some updates, but I don't believe they were limited to any specific model. I wouldn't hesitate to contact the seller ASAP.

Thanks for the response. :)
It came with a fresh 10.4.0 but I did a clean install and updated it to 10.4.11. I tested it with all of them, always the same issues.

iCreate
Dec 17, 2007, 01:29 PM
Thanks for the response. :)
It came with a fresh 10.4.0 but I did a clean install and updated it to 10.4.11. I tested it with all of them, always the same issues.

How about firmware? Don't know what the latest should be, but you can give it a try. Otherwise, getting in contact with the seller is the only option unless it was sold as-is. It's like pulling teeth sometimes, but if you run out of options...

DaveTheGrey
Dec 17, 2007, 04:40 PM
How about firmware? Don't know what the latest should be, but you can give it a try. Otherwise, getting in contact with the seller is the only option unless it was sold as-is. It's like pulling teeth sometimes, but if you run out of options...

unfortunately it was sold as-is...
I updated the firmware to 5.1.5 f2 (http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/powermacg5uniprocessor515f2firmwareupdate.html), but it made no difference.
Thanks for your time.

Dave