PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone else had problems with invisible shields?

k91191
Dec 17, 2007, 09:27 PM
I ordered a 160GB full body invisible shield on September 12th. I got the product maybe a week later. As I was installing it, I realized that the back piece wasn't big enough for my iPod. I took off all parts of the shield, repackaged it and called the company for a replacement.

They said they'd send me a new one and all I would have to do was send the old one back in the prepaid envelope which they would supply. Well, 2 months later, nothing ever came in the mail. I called back, spoke to a lady, she provided no help. I then spoke to a manager who verified there was no record of a replacement ever being sent to me. He said he'd make sure a replacement would be sent to me. I even reconfirmed my address.

Fast forward to two weeks later (today), and I still have no replacement. I need to call them tomorrow and speak with another manager. I am very upset, dissatisfied and angered with both their product and customer service. Anyone else have problems with shieldzone.com? :mad:

JSchwage
Dec 17, 2007, 09:32 PM
That's interesting. The back piece of my iPod Photo 30GB InvisibleShield was too big. It seems like their sizing is definitely off. I don't know what happened.

LinuXtreme
Dec 17, 2007, 09:50 PM
Just how much smaller was the back piece? The back piece I put on my 80GB Classic covered all but about 1.5 mm short of the front edge (I consider that to be pretty well protected).

Probably a stupid question, but are you sure the package said 160GB Classic? Either that or maybe they packaged the wrong pieces. An 80GB piece on a 160GB piece would fall pretty short (the 160 is 3mm larger in depth than the 80GB).

daneoni
Dec 18, 2007, 12:36 AM
I have no problem with them other than the ripple effect you get from wetting the shields.

I have one on my 5G and it does the job. Feels funny on handling but it protects the iPod and doesnt looks bad....except for that damn ripple.

THey usually send my orders quickly even though i'm in the UK

JSchwage
Dec 18, 2007, 07:13 AM
And also, today, instead of sending back one InvisibleShield replacement for my dad's iPod video (he got a new one), they sent back all the InvisibleShields that were in the same order! So we got about 5 InvisibleShields!

SXR
Dec 19, 2007, 01:50 PM
I ordered a 160GB full body invisible shield on September 12th. I got the product maybe a week later. As I was installing it, I realized that the back piece wasn't big enough for my iPod. I took off all parts of the shield, repackaged it and called the company for a replacement.

They said they'd send me a new one and all I would have to do was send the old one back in the prepaid envelope which they would supply. Well, 2 months later, nothing ever came in the mail. I called back, spoke to a lady, she provided no help. I then spoke to a manager who verified there was no record of a replacement ever being sent to me. He said he'd make sure a replacement would be sent to me. I even reconfirmed my address.

Fast forward to two weeks later (today), and I still have no replacement. I need to call them tomorrow and speak with another manager. I am very upset, dissatisfied and angered with both their product and customer service. Anyone else have problems with shieldzone.com? :mad:

Very sorry to hear that. Just get iPod socks , they are trendy , from Apple , gorgious and they protect. I seriouslly love mine.

k91191
Jan 6, 2008, 04:30 AM
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Hello Kyle,

Thank you for contacting ZAGG, home of the invisibleSHIELD! My name is Ashley, and I appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

In regards to your e-mail, I am very sorry to hear you have still have not received your replacement. I have carefully been looking into the status of your order#SZ153720. Your original order was placed on September,12th 2007. It appears that a replacement was requested for the Apple iPod Classic (160GB) on September19th, 2007, which we shipped out from our facility. A month and a half later, on November 30th, 2007, you brought to our attention that your replacement had not arrived within the 7-10 business days as expected. After careful consideration, we saw that we were unable to reship to you on November 30th because the second shipment should have arrived, especially since we were shipping to the same address that you had received your first shipment to, quickly and without problem. Since so much time had passed where we still had not received your original shield, it is easily assumed that abuse of our lifetime replacement policy was taking place. The original invisibleSHIELD that you had received need to be returned to keep your warranty valid.

On December19th, 2007 you reached one of our customer services representatives who then decided to give you the full benefit of the doubt and reship your order, hoping that you would receive it this time. Since this order is currently on its way to you can expect to receive your replacement by the 8th of this month. I apologize for any frustration this may have caused you, but we have sincerely attempted to help you with this situation when we were aware that there was a problem.

Keep in mind that we must ask for your original invisibleSHIELD to be returned to us, in order for this invisibleSHIELD's warranty to remain valid.

I hope this information is helpful to you and please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.

Warm regards,

-- Ashley N.
ASHLEY NEILSON
Customer Service Representative
ZAGG Logo
ZAGG Inc
3855 S 500 W STE B, SLC, UT 84115
801.263.0699 x-101 (o)
801.281.3458 (f)
Also dba ShieldZone
Nasdaq BB Symbol: ZAGG
invisibleshield.com | zagg.com

Hopefully, my new shield arrives Monday.