Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Giaguara

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 22, 2002
Apple Store in Old Orchard, Skokie, Chicago will open 7th november (6-pm). Who will be there? I think it'll be a bit cold and windy to be camping outside the night before ... :p ;) :)

edit: corrected to the new date. unreleased opening date was 8th, saturday, and now apple's site gives out the real date, 1 day before, 7th nov. check out http://www.apple.com/retail/oldorchard/

Dont Hurt Me

macrumors 603
Dec 21, 2002
Yahooville S.C.
congrats! you think apple will ever put a store in right wing hickville south carolina??? not one apple store in the whole state----you know steve jobs & al gore are buddies.i figure we will be the last store they open.

pyrotoaster

macrumors 65816
Dec 28, 2002
Oak Park, IL
Whoo hoo!
I've been waiting to hear when this one would open.

It won't be quite as glitzy as the Mag Mile store, but I'll be there anyway!

e-coli

macrumors 68000
Jul 27, 2002
Originally posted by 000111one111000
Hopefully, I'll be there. :)

But as an employee :)

I just had my interview on Monday. :)

enoch

Hey, that's great!!! Good luck.

But they might make you sign an NDA, which will make it hard for you to come 'round these parts. :(

Counterfit

macrumors G3
Aug 20, 2003
sitting on your shoulder
Originally posted by Dont Hurt Me
congrats! you think apple will ever put a store in right wing hickville south carolina??? not one apple store in the whole state----you know steve jobs & al gore are buddies.i figure we will be the last store they open.
Nah, I bet Rhode Island will be last. There are three stores in Massachusetts, two of which are in walking distance os a T stop. It's not really hard to get to the one in Cambridge, but most people would have to drive into Providence anyway to take the train. So they should (eventually) put one in Providence Place Mall (fat chance :p)

Sayhey

macrumors 68000
May 22, 2003
San Francisco
Originally posted by Dont Hurt Me

I think Jobs and Gore both want Apple to sell a lot of computers. That means going where the people are. As far as I know the Greenville-Spartanburg area is the largest in the State and there are stores in smaller metro areas (Honolulu, Albany, and one planned for Tucson.) So have a little hope.

Giaguara

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 22, 2002
Originally posted by 000111one111000
Hopefully, I'll be there. :)

But as an employee :)

I just had my interview on Monday. :)

enoch

I was on the wrong place these weeks .. I was contacted first for the tech position, but as they can't do interviews while I'm temporarily in Europe, I hope I'll catch a p/t position there (or N. Mich. which is 1 hour less commuting).

Dont Hurt Me

macrumors 603
Dec 21, 2002
Yahooville S.C.
Originally posted by Sayhey
Oh yeah, this Skokie store is one of the growing number that are in Westfield malls. If you want to know if you have a chance of getting a store in your city checkout Westfield's malls because Apple seems to have an agreement with them.

http://www.westfield.com/us/centres/
interesting! thanks, with hilton head,charleston,columbia you would think apple would come in one of these citys. anyways iam happy for the chicago folks if i ever get up there again ill have to check the store.

Giaguara

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 22, 2002
it takes over an hour to get from north chicago to downtown. north = read rich suburbs. why would they want to get downtown? that store will be profitful. and the 5th in chicago area will be probably in forest park.

Zion Grail

macrumors regular
Dec 24, 2002
Chicagoland
Agreement with Westfield malls, huh? There is a Westfield mall 20 minutes from here... I work in that mall already... Hey, one can hope, right?

patrick0brien

macrumors 68040
Oct 24, 2002
The West Loop
-Giaguara

Hmm. Saturday huh? I'll sure try to be there.

I think I know what you look like from the 'pictures thread' and I've met Taft and e-coli - how can we link up with others?

Giaguara

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 22, 2002
I thought it would be friday...

It might take up to 90 minutes for me to commute there (if I have to come alone, and it looks like I will) (in 2 or 3 trains) but I don't wnt to miss it. Patrick, you can sure recognize me there from the pics, .. and if I add I will 99 % be wearing a black t-shirt from WWDC 2000 NYC you won't mistake me to anyone else. If you think you want to find me (before the queue there) just pm me and I'll give my email addy. Sorry been offline and macless for some time here. ;)

patrick0brien

macrumors 68040
Oct 24, 2002
The West Loop
Originally posted by Giaguara
I thought it would be friday...

It might take up to 90 minutes for me to commute there (if I have to come alone, and it looks like I will) (in 2 or 3 trains) but I don't wnt to miss it. Patrick, you can sure recognize me there from the pics, .. and if I add I will 99 % be wearing a black t-shirt from WWDC 2000 NYC you won't mistake me to anyone else. If you think you want to find me (before the queue there) just pm me and I'll give my email addy. Sorry been offline and macless for some time here. ;)

-Giaguara

Ok, you're on.

Sorry it took a while to get back here, I've been in Canada this week and unable to 'sit' on the forums like a could at my former job.

Tell ya what, I'll PM you as you ask for your email, but mine is in my profile. As for where to meet, hmm. Well, the entrance to the promenade of Old Orchard I prefer to use is the one by Maggiano's. Past Music and Movies and the Garden Cinema. The Apple store is directly ahead - no turns.

At least with a path you can expect me to walk, that should be good for something. :D

5300cs

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2002
japan
Originally posted by Counterfit
Nah, I bet Rhode Island will be last. There are three stores in Massachusetts, two of which are in walking distance os a T stop. It's not really hard to get to the one in Cambridge, but most people would have to drive into Providence anyway to take the train. So they should (eventually) put one in Providence Place Mall (fat chance :p)

The Chestnut Hill mall isn't within walking distance unless it's summer/spring or you're training for the marathon. You'd have to take the D to Chestnut Hill then it's like a 30minute walk from there past Bloomingdale's and all that.

The Cambridge Side Galleria is MUCH more convenient.

5300cs

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2002
japan
Originally posted by Counterfit
It's actually less than a mile from the T stop to the Mall at Chestnut Hill. So if it takes you 30 minutes to walk less than a mile, you need to walk more or carry less stuff.

Well, I do like to buy in bulk :D

I haven't walked that route in over 15 years, so you're probably right (I used to go to elementary school in that area, though.)

Giaguara

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 22, 2002
Anyone of (north) Chicago macrumorers ... do you know if the train to skokie runs on saturdays (evenings) ? I'm on west side, so I'll need to take the blue, then thepurple (does that run saturdays/evenings??) or the red .. and the yellow, if they run... :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.