PDA

View Full Version : Dropped Ipod in Water

zeppelin68
Dec 22, 2007, 11:45 AM
My Friend dropped his 2gen nano in a puddle two days ago. I know he turned it on after this, but I'm not sure what happened. He also plugged it into my computer and it started to get hot around the middle of the click wheel. The computer didn't recognize it and there was nothing on the screen at all. Is it completely dead?

xXriderXx7
Dec 22, 2007, 01:36 PM
Id wager it is.

The main thing to do if an electronic is dropped into water is to either turn it off immediately (if it was on) or don't turn it on at all. Wait several days for it to dry, then attempt to turn it on.

Seems like your friend is out of luck
:/
Sorry

mpw
Dec 22, 2007, 01:38 PM
Leave it to dry for a few days, and if it's built like my Nokia mobile it'll be just fine. Nokia build quality FTW!:cool:

bartelby
Dec 22, 2007, 01:39 PM
Leave it to dry for a few days, and if it's built like my Nokia mobile it'll be just fine. Nokia build quality FTW!:cool:

It's a shame the UIs are like crap though.

Oh, and the less said about the "communicators" the better :p

greenday123
Dec 22, 2007, 08:56 PM
My 2g went through the wash also. i plugged it into the charger just a few hours later and it turned right on and my nano still works perfect to this day :) and that was 4 months ago. Great build quility apple! But what also helped, i took the top piece and the bottom piece off and got compressed air and sprayed the top of the ipod to try and get out some of the water, that helped a bit, so try that.

zeppelin68
Dec 23, 2007, 01:34 PM
I plugged it into my computer today and the black apple logo came up, but then the video got messed up and it froze. I plugged in just now and it got to the main menu, and it got to a message saying firewire wasn't supported(I was using my firewire cable) but then it froze again.