PDA

View Full Version : Busted Airport Connection

peterj1967
Oct 3, 2003, 06:59 PM
I have a DP 1.25 and a G3 Powerbook. I have an Airport extreme card in the DP and a standard Airport Card in the G3. I share the Internet connection, cable modem, on the DP with the G3 no problems.

Used the first 10.2.8 upgrade and I couldn't get the internet via Airport on the G3. I don't keep anything on it but iTunes so not a big deal. Ran the New 10.2.8 upgrade on the DP and did a clean install of 10.2 but I can't get the internet connection back. Or when I do it is so slow it is useless pages time out and the software update won't connect The machines are sitting beside each other, at the moment, so it's not a problem with signal strength.

I'd send a image of the Network Panel, but I can't. Reset the cable modem, and both machines. No Luck, zapped the pram on the G3, don't know why, but figured it couldn't hurt, no luck.

Any suggestions welcome.

edit:

On the G3, I can use the mail app fine, and I can share files between the two machines with personal file sharing no problem, but Software update and the web do not work. Seems to be protocol specific, but I don't run the firewall on either machine?