Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ColoJohnBoy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 10, 2003
Denver, Colorado
(Link) - http://news.com.com/2100-1034-5085725.html

Came across this article on CNet - Looks like Comcast is raising the upper limit of their broadband download speeds, from 1.5 Mbps to 3 Mbps.

I personally hope they also increase the upload speed. I only have 256 Kbps upload speed, which is a bitch for using iChat AV. They seriously need to increase it, to at least 512 Kbps - hopefully they'll do it to a full 1 Mbps.

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Nov 5, 2002
i don't think they will increase upload too much ... people used to serve websites off their home cable connections when the bandwith wasn't capped so they had to cap them

WannabeSQ

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2002
I have Roadrunner cable, and they have recently been upping the speeds from 2 megabit to 3 megabit, all quietly. The upload has been decreased slightly, from 384 to about 300 ish. I only noticed

fraeone

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2003
Seattle, WA
It's nice that they're now making this official. The President of Comcast announced they were doing this about a month ago in a speech, and CNet did report on it, so I thought it was funny that they just duplicated their previous story.

No matter, the sooner we they double our download, the better. (For the record, upstream is staying where it is at 256kbps)

fraeone

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.