PDA

View Full Version : cd rom help

tgourdin
Oct 7, 2003, 05:04 PM
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
Hey my friend gave me a ibook today with alot of disk's
Now on a pc i can do anything but with a mac iam learning
i turn the power on and it sits there with a pic of a disk with a question makr blinking and i go to open the cd rom and mabey i dont know how to but on the right side where it seems to be i push it and it wont open any ideas on what i might be doing wrong or just anything thanks you can email me @ tyler@wasatchcutlery.com as well thanks

mrjamin
Oct 7, 2003, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by tgourdin
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
Hey my friend gave me a ibook today with alot of disk's
Now on a pc i can do anything but with a mac iam learning
i turn the power on and it sits there with a pic of a disk with a question makr blinking and i go to open the cd rom and mabey i dont know how to but on the right side where it seems to be i push it and it wont open any ideas on what i might be doing wrong or just anything thanks you can email me @ tyler@wasatchcutlery.com as well thanks

if its a snow iBook (all white) there's an eject button at the top right of the keboard (has a triangular arror pointing up and "f12" on it). Push that button and it'll open

You have some nice friends!

I suggest you get a book on Mac OSX (if you're using OSX). Some say they're not necessary but you appear to be struggling from the word go

tgourdin
Oct 8, 2003, 03:04 AM
:cool:
Yea as son as i posted it i saw it on the right hand corner, and yea iam sorry it is a snow ibook when i start the computer it has a blank page and shows a lil disk with a question mark in it then i let it load well it gives me a sorry a system error has occurred *bus error* hold down the shift button and restart well i turn off the extensions and let it lad and i get the same error with all the disks he gave me i used to play with a mac but it has been a while any help would be great mabey a reinstall or how to i dont know

*one lost soul*

mrjamin
Oct 8, 2003, 04:06 AM
sounds more like a hardware problem so a reinstall won't help